Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we resigned rockey bernard

and gaave kiwi a 2 year 8mil deal
    3 mil this year 5mil next year
    [/quote]Wow--that is much more than I thought Kiwi would get offered based on his last years condition! Holy crap, good for Kiwi...I hope it's well spent.[/quote]

yea me too

they obviously put the big number the second year because if Kiwi is healthy - he'll be worth it. If not we cut him or restructure
    [/quote]If he has problems with the neck, can we do that? Restructure next season? It's a smart move, leaves us an out to reduce $ if the injury flares up. Sucks for the player--I guess it depends on the guaranteed portion of the contract?

[quote user="lttaylor56"]<a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34498/terrell-thomas">Terrell

Thomas</a> lined up in the slot whenever the Giants first unit went with extra

defensive backs. For the second straight night Thomas got smoked by <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34493/mario-manningham">Mario

Manningham</a>, who ran past him on one play to haul in a long corner route from

Manning.

hahaha
    [/quote]

Super Mario - gonna be doin big things
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...en-this-season

Coach Tom Coughlin was asked on Thursday whether he could envision transitioning Beckum to playing tight end full-time.

"Well that's a possibility," Coughlin said.

Beckum also had a couple of nice catches in Wednesday night's practice, and afterwards Coughlin said he plans to utilize Beckum more in the offense this season.
    <font size="6">UH OHHH MATT</font>
    [/quote] lol..... I can't speak FOR Matt....but, I feel like the reason he puts so much emphasis on the whole blocking TE thing is because we havnt had an effective FB since Hedge****'s pro-bowl season....and that was like in 08. lol[/quote]lol x2 . <u>I told ya I saw something in that guy Beckum last year. Not alot, but a glimmer. </u>Still no guarantee he can hack a starting role, but we'll see.[/quote]cause we have an eye for talent, obviously....
    [/quote]

says the guy who went to war for Aaron Ross last year

[8-)]
    [/quote]huh? when did i stick up for ross?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...en-this-season

Coach Tom Coughlin was asked on Thursday whether he could envision transitioning Beckum to playing tight end full-time.

Beckum also had a couple of nice catches in Wednesday night's practice, and afterwards Coughlin said he plans to utilize Beckum more in the offense this season.
    [/quote] lol..... I can't speak FOR Matt....but, I feel like the reason he puts so much emphasis on the whole blocking TE thing is because we havnt had an effective FB since Hedge****'s pro-bowl season....and that was like in 08. lol[/quote]lol x2 . <u>I told ya I saw something in that guy Beckum last year. Not alot, but a glimmer. </u>Still no guarantee he can hack a starting role, but we'll see.[/quote]cause we have an eye for talent, obviously....
    [/quote]

says the guy who went to war for Aaron Ross last year

[8-)]
    [/quote]Really, what the hell happened to AR? He was great in the beginning! Injury? I lost track of when his play deteriorated.

MMB-The new Board thread is no longer pinned in TAGF. Does this mean we are getting close to the transition ? Have you heard anything?

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...en-this-season

[/quote]

the guy is a decent receiver...

talk to me when u read something good about his blocking

and i'll pull tweets form 3 days ago where it says we look awful and we signed that TE patrick to compete with beckum for the backup spot

not to mention this is just a ploy to put the pressure on boss
    [/quote]well if you read the article it also said something about him playing in the back field. aka full back.
    [/quote]

aka up back... see Cooley

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...en-this-season

[/quote]

and i'll pull tweets form 3 days ago where it says we look awful and we signed that TE patrick to compete with beckum for the backup spot

[/quote]well if you read the article it also said something about him playing in the back field. aka full back.
    [/quote]

but fback would probably be a better place for him to succeed because he does have the speed and he isn't strong enough to blow defensive line back with his hand on the ground..

that could work

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]well if you read the article it also said something about him playing in the back field. aka full back.
    [/quote]</p>

well, when we drafted him, all the analystsdescribed him as an H-back. Not a commonly used position I suppose, and they didnt know how we were going to use him.</p>[/quote]A man without a specific purpose []

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...en-this-season

[/quote]

[/quote]

but fback would probably be a better place for him to succeed because he does have the speed and he isn't strong enough to blow defensive line back with his hand on the ground..

that could work
    [/quote]You said he looked thicker this year, what's his bodywt?

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]well if you read the article it also said something about him playing in the back field. aka full back.
    [/quote]</p>

well, when we drafted him, all the analystsdescribed him as an H-back. Not a commonly used position I suppose, and they didnt know how we were going to use him.</p>[/quote]

that could work alot better actually

if GIlrbide and Coughlin we're willing to do that i guess it wcould work but that def would take power out

but it would be absolutely beneficial for Beckum i think.