Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]ha thats the thing our offense IS basically a run and shoot
    [/quote]</p>

We definated do NOT run the run and shoot offense. That offense essentially requires 4 pass pattern run on every play. The only similarity is the sight adjustments WR's have to make. It also usually has 3 or 5 step drops.</p>

Its a wide open offense that emphasises the pass. Run and shoot teams always threw the ball a lot more than run it.</p>[/quote]

haha we actually do. It is more of a Hybrid Run and Shoot but its definitly a run and shoot. Gilbride even said its based off the offense he ran in Houston with Warren Moon.

Our passing game has the same principles AS the run and shoot.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]ohhh stop it poppy.

Ur point that u attempted to make was that Moon and Brunell had no problems with INTs when Gilbride was OC

and they apparently did....

Remember why u brought up the points about Moon and Brunell

MMB says: "
    i agree turnovers kill

nobody has nearly as many or blatant tips as eli last year. Not many teams run these stupid option read offense to the degrees we do

You failed"

Pappy responds: "Did Mark Brunnell ever throw 25 picks in Gilbride's system? How about Warren Moon?"

REF CALLS THE FIGHT AND COVERS UP PAPPY

[/quote]</P>

Why are you dwelling on this? I asked a very simple question. Did these guys ever throw for 25 picks? They didn't even come close. The most either threw for was 21. Phil threw for 22 and he was a bold guy who stood in the pocket and took hits.</P>

If the answer was yes, then you have a major claim. If the answer is no (which it is) then that favors Good O'l Morehead.</P>

I really don't know why this is so difficult for you. (well actually I do)</P>

[/quote]

of course you do - because u know ur wrong as do i

[/quote]</P>

Is it you position that either Mark Brunell or Warren Moon DID throw 25 picks in a season while playing for KG?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

I dont think it was out of character, Eli said. The question was if
    I thought I was an elite quarterback or a top five quarterback, and I
    answered truthfully and said I was. So I dont think I said anything
    incorrectly, I dont know how else I was supposed to answer that
    question.

It got stirred up and all of a sudden people ran with it a
    little bit and started saying different things, Eli said. I thought I
    gave a truthful answer and gave my opinion. When I got done with the
    interview, I thought we had a nice little interview and nothing will
    come out of it and everything will be quiet. In training camp we dont
    get to watch much TV or read the papers, and my dad told me that a bunch
    was being stirred about this and so just be prepared if someone asks
    you. But Im not bothered by it. I thought I said the right things and
    Ill just move on.

i'd say we basically run a balanced run and shoot - what would u call our offense?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]ha thats the thing our offense IS basically a run and shoot
    [/quote]</P>

We definated do NOT run the run and shoot offense. That offense essentially requires 4 pass pattern run on every play. The only similarity is the sight adjustments WR's have to make. It also usually has 3 or 5 step drops.</P>

Its a wide open offense that emphasises the pass. Run and shoot teams always threw the ball a lot more than run it.</P>

[/quote]

haha we actually do. It is more of a Hybrid Run and Shoot but its definitly a run and shoot. Gilbride even said its based off the offense he ran in Houston with Warren Moon.

[/quote]</P>

Now you are just talking crazy. Our offense doesn't come close to the run and shoot. You were too young, but the run and shoot was a wide open offense, usually with 4 and 5 WR sets, usually small agile WR's. Our offense doesn't come close to resembling that offense.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i'd say we basically run a balanced run and shoot - what would u call our offense?
    [/quote]</P>

How about "Dave".</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I dont think it was out of character, Eli said. The question was if I thought I was an elite quarterback or a top five quarterback, and I answered truthfully and said I was. So I dont think I said anything incorrectly, I dont know how else I was supposed to answer that question.

It got stirred up and all of a sudden people ran with it a little bit and started saying different things, Eli said. I thought I gave a truthful answer and gave my opinion. When I got done with the interview, I thought we had a nice little interview and nothing will come out of it and everything will be quiet. In training camp we dont get to watch much TV or read the papers, and my dad told me that a bunch was being stirred about this and so just be prepared if someone asks you. But Im not bothered by it. I thought I said the right things and Ill just move on.[/quote]</P>

Yes but yesterday Matt said that Eli was in Tom Brady's class.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ur point that u attempted to make was that Moon and Brunell had no problems with INTs when Gilbride was OC

i agree turnovers kill

nobody has nearly as many or blatant tips as eli last year. Not many teams run these stupid option read offense to the degrees we do

You failed"

Pappy responds: "Did Mark Brunnell ever throw 25 picks in Gilbride's system? How about Warren Moon?"

[/quote]</p>

Why are you dwelling on this? I asked a very simple question. Did these guys ever throw for 25 picks? They didn't even come close. The most either threw for was 21. Phil threw for 22 and he was a bold guy who stood in the pocket and took hits.</p>

If the answer was yes, then you have a major claim. If the answer is no (which it is) then that favors Good O'l Morehead.</p>

I really don't know why this is so difficult for you. (well actually I do)</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Is it you position that either Mark Brunell or Warren Moon DID throw 25 picks in a season while playing for KG?</p>[/quote]

no my position is the same as it was when u asked me about Brunell and Moon

Gilbrides offenses cause QBs to have high INTs

and i was proven correct

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

i agree turnovers kill

You failed"

[/quote]</P>

Why are you dwelling on this? I asked a very simple question. Did these guys ever throw for 25 picks? They didn't even come close. The most either threw for was 21. Phil threw for 22 and he was a bold guy who stood in the pocket and took hits.</P>

If the answer was yes, then you have a major claim. If the answer is no (which it is) then that favors Good O'l Morehead.</P>

I really don't know why this is so difficult for you. (well actually I do)</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Is it you position that either Mark Brunell or Warren Moon DID throw 25 picks in a season while playing for KG?</P>

[/quote]

no my position is the same as it was when u asked me about Brunell and Moon

Gilbrides offenses cause QBs to have high INTs

and i was proven correct
    [/quote]</P>

really? Then explain how Eli threw for 10 picks in 08 and 14 in 09.</P>

Oh...let me guess.....It wasn't Eli's fault last year. he was a victim.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

We definated do NOT run the run and shoot offense. That offense essentially requires 4 pass pattern run on every play. The only similarity is the sight adjustments WR's have to make. It also usually has 3 or 5 step drops.</p>

Its a wide open offense that emphasises the pass. Run and shoot teams always threw the ball a lot more than run it.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Now you are just talking crazy. Our offense doesn't come close to the run and shoot. You were too young, but the run and shoot was a wide open offense, usually with 4 and 5 WR sets, usually small agile WR's. Our offense doesn't come close to resembling that offense.</p>

</p>[/quote]

actually i'm not.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html

This isn't 1980 anymore. Things adapt. All of our receiving game is based on the principals of the run and shoot offense. Obviously by doing that we aren't relying on those big wide sets.

We def run a hybrid Run and SHoot offense. I'd say just a balanced run and shoot

per wiki:

"The Run &amp; Shoot system uses a formation consisting of one running back and between two and four wide receivers. This system makes extensive use of receiver motion (having a receiver suddenly change position by running left or right, parallel to the line of scrimmage,
    just before the ball is snapped), both to create advantageous
    mismatches with the opposing defensive players and to help reveal what
    coverage the defense is using."

Obviously if we are more balanced wtih the run we are less inclined to use the 4 wide set since we run more.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html

"That's what gives you a chance. Otherwise you're a play behind,"
    Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said. "If I have a curl
    route and you're in a 2 zone, you got me. If you're in two man, you got
    me. But if I have (something) which allows me to convert, I got you."</p>

In 22 years in the NFL, Mr. Gilbride said he has always used this
    system with his receivers. He's been an offensive coordinator with five
    teams, a head coach with the Chargers, and his teams have been among
    the league leaders in passing, scoring and yards all along the way. </p>