Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

DirecTV has decided to throw a bone to NFL fans that canít get satellite service.</p>

NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year through PlayStation 3 for for $339.95. The package is aimed at fans that canít get DirecTV because of where they live. (I fall into this category in my latest apartment.[/quote]

LANDO - U HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY U JUST MADE ME!
    [/quote]
    I am happy to help. I thought it is pretty ****ing cool they are doing that. Almost makes me want to get a PS3.
    [/quote]reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally??? hmmmm anyone know how much it is on direct tv?
    [/quote]</p>

I think I'm paying over $500 bucks.</p>

[/quote]

its free this year on direct TV

but it was typically like 350-400
    [/quote]</p>

Its not free. Its only free for new subscribers.</p>

[/quote]

wow i'd be PISSSSED if i were u...

are u fresh with ur contract with them?

[/quote]</p>

I checked my bill. Its $66.99 per month for 5 months.</p>

My brother cancelled his directv and they gave him Sunday Ticket for free to resign. Which he did since he lost his Giants season't tickets.</p>

Friggin Cowboy fan.</p>

[/quote]

dont they kill u with cancellation fees though? So wasn't it basically a push?
    [/quote]</p>

I don't know of any cancellation fees. He was way past his committment date.</p>

And no way I'm bringing my lovely bride. She would be a twitching mass of nerves after a half hour with you guys.</p>[/quote]

I wanted to give her flowers - just so shes knows she not alone
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

DirecTV has decided to throw a bone to NFL fans that canít get satellite service.</P>

NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year through PlayStation 3 for for $339.95. The package is aimed at fans that canít get DirecTV because of where they live. (I fall into this category in my latest apartment.[/quote]

[/quote]
    I am happy to help. I thought it is pretty ****ing cool they are doing that. Almost makes me want to get a PS3.
    [/quote]reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally??? hmmmm anyone know how much it is on direct tv?
    [/quote]</P>

I think I'm paying over $500 bucks.</P>

[/quote]

its free this year on direct TV

but it was typically like 350-400
    [/quote]</P>

Its not free. Its only free for new subscribers.</P>

[/quote]

wow i'd be PISSSSED if i were u...

are u fresh with ur contract with them?

[/quote]</P>

I checked my bill. Its $66.99 per month for 5 months.</P>

My brother cancelled his directv and they gave him Sunday Ticket for free to resign. Which he did since he lost his Giants season't tickets.</P>

Friggin Cowboy fan.</P>

[/quote]

dont they kill u with cancellation fees though? So wasn't it basically a push?
    [/quote]</P>

I don't know of any cancellation fees. He was way past his committment date.</P>

And no way I'm bringing my lovely bride. She would be a twitching mass of nerves after a half hour with you guys.</P>

[/quote]

I wanted to give her flowers - just so shes knows she not alone
    [/quote]</P>

In her love for me?</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"]ughhh some of those tips are soo brutal...
    [/quote]
    Ohhhhhh yea, if our WR's catch half those passes we probably make the playoffs.
    [/quote]</p>

Really. Name me a game that would have changed. They almost all came in games we won.</p>

Would we have pulled out the Packer game. By the way the Packer game Nicks play was not on Nicks. He broke to the open field away from coverage and Eli threw it into coverage.</p>

Also i refuse to put most of the blame on Nicks for the goalline pick vs. Dallas. That play was completely covered and Eli threw it right into the hands of the defender. It was a terrible decision by Eli. All Nicks could have hoped for was to break it up. If you look at the first dallas game, Nicks scored a TD by making the exact move he made in that goal line play.</p>

And blame the TN game on the left handed throw. Or is it your view that it was a good play by Eli and he was the victim of mean old defenders?</p>[/quote]
    I think we were screwed for the Packers game due to the deflating loss the week before.

NOOOOOOOOOOO, I hated that play. I was actually going to mention that game specifically as one that could have made the difference. God that play was terrible. Brady would have never done that....

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I don't think you are giving enough credit to Eli MH. We are all taught from a young age that if the ball hits your hands you should catch it...
    [/quote]</p>

I'll ask you to look at the list that Dezz posted. All those picks that he actually holds Eli responsible for. Almost all can in games we lost. They cost us the TN game, the second Dallas game and the first Philly game.</p>

Eli's turnovers, blamed on Eli by an Eli apologist, clearly cost us three games last year.</p>[/quote]
    As far as Eli goes, I am much more with you than I am with them. But I do think you need to cut him a little slack. Let's not even talk about sliding down and holding onto the ****ing ball. lol

[quote user="lttaylor56"]In the face of all Eli's int's and our problems last year--true point that 1 defensive stop in the Eagles game and we go to the playoff's.<font color="#0000FF"> Pretty amazing that a team could screw up as royally as we did and still be that close.</font>
    [/quote]
    2 years in a row no less....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]In the face of all Eli's int's and our problems last year--true point that 1 defensive stop in the Eagles game and we go to the playoff's. Pretty amazing that a team could screw up as royally as we did and still be that close.
    [/quote]</p>

You are right. We could have made the playoff despite Eli's reckless play.</p>[/quote]

pappy can i ask, were u an athlete growing up? I am just curious
    [/quote]
    Well considering when MH was growing up Baseball was just getting started, and basketball and football were not even around so I doubt it....

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I don't think you are giving enough credit to Eli MH. We are all taught from a young age that if the ball hits your hands you should catch it...
    [/quote]</P>

I'll ask you to look at the list that Dezz posted. All those picks that he actually holds Eli responsible for. Almost all can in games we lost. They cost us the TN game, the second Dallas game and the first Philly game.</P>

Eli's turnovers, blamed on Eli by an Eli apologist, clearly cost us three games last year.</P>

[/quote]
    As far as Eli goes, I am much more with you than I am with them. But I do think you need to cut him a little slack. Let's not even talk about sliding down and holding onto the ****ing ball. lol
    [/quote]</P>

Just drives me nuts the blinders some guys have with Eli. I'm not saying he's bad QB. I think he's well above average and quite honestly has made the most of his ability. (He's not exactly the most athletic guy). But this "gunslinger" nonsense and blaming everyone under the sun for his poor decisions or poor passes drives me nuts.</P>

He still panics in the pocket and rushes throws, often into coverage. Thats not what a "gunslinger' does. "Gunslinger" take hits in order to wait for a guy to break open.</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

DirecTV has decided to throw a bone to NFL fans that canít get satellite service.</p>
    NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year
    through PlayStation 3 for for $339.95. The package is aimed at fans
    that canít get DirecTV because of where they live. (I fall into this
    category in my latest apartment.[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

yea but then $340 then turns into $740 and then u'll know u want a game so then $800

and if u do that over coming here i'd be really upset with u
    [/quote]
    "Almost makes me" lol I would never do that. I would play it for a while and then lose interest quickly. I barely have food in my fridge let alone money for that. ****ing sucks man. Why can't we all just have 7 0's in our bank account? It is literally going to kill me to not be there. I might cry that day and not even watch the game....

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]In the face of all Eli's int's and our problems last year--true point that 1 defensive stop in the Eagles game and we go to the playoff's. Pretty amazing that a team could screw up as royally as we did and still be that close.
    [/quote]</P>

You are right. We could have made the playoff despite Eli's reckless play.</P>

[/quote]

pappy can i ask, were u an athlete growing up? I am just curious
    [/quote]
    Well considering when MH was growing up Baseball was just getting started, and basketball and football were not even around so I doubt it....
    [/quote]</P>

Well I played baseball all my life. Played varsity at westen New England College.</P>

Played every sport in one way or another. All I really have left is golf (but I'm still pretty good at that)</P>