Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

He panics in the pocket and throws into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</p>

It doesn't matter what system he's in. This is your "gunlinger".</p>

[/quote]

He doesn't panic I just don't see that AT ALL, he does throw into coverage...because he has a tremendous amount of confidence in his ability to get the ball to his receivers....does that cause a few more ints then someone like Kyle Orton or Sanchez or another game management type QB...sure...but it also results in plays like The Helmet Catch by David Tyree....you have to take that good with that bad....now last year...If you look at Eli's stats last year and make his 25 Ints 16 or 17.....it makes him look much better...and that would be a better representation of how he actually played because AT LEAST 8 or 9 of those int's last year were picture perfect placement and just ricocheted off our talented...yet young and inexperienced receivers hands, did he also throw into coverage and cause a few int's himself....of course....but you can't just ignore the plain fact that he made many good passes last year that ended up being int's.
    [/quote]

see like i dont even want to give Moorehead that inch to say that sometimes he does, because he takes that and runs and exaggerates it and makes it seem like its much more common and an issue than it is

but sometimes Eli DOES get happy feet - but again thats because i am being hoenst about the situation
    [/quote]</p>

I don't give a **** about happy feet. Happy feet is overrated as a problem. He is NOT patient in the pocket. He's does not stand tall in the pocket like Brady. He chucks the ball very often too damn soon.</p>

[/quote]

Happy feet falls into not stepping into your throw.

Well i completely disagree with ur assessment. The fact that you take no consideration to what he was working wtih and a comfort level with his WRs really would make u this miserable over it. You need to really see the whole scenerio.

Guy had alot of **** to go through and still threw for 4k and 30 with his best completeion % of his career

I really just think ur being dramatic
    [/quote]</p>

The old, stupid, rookie mistakes Eli showed up last season. Lets hope he stays home this year.</p>

BTW, people must love to come to this thread, because its all Eli on TAGF.</p>[/quote]

HE def had his bad plays - but again i think ur being dramatic to the extent of worrying like u are
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]Has anyone EVER seen Eli step into his throw when about to get hit instead of shy away? Because i haven't. He'll I've seen one preseason game of Ryan perilloux's and he's done it.[/quote]

see like whats the response to that

yes i have..

like people see that comment and they literally think hes NEVER done it - its a crock

I do admit he gets happy feet sometimes, but its no where near as bad as some people are making it seem
    [/quote]</p>

Ive literally never seen him do it. Ive seen Flacco, Perriloux and Brady to it, but thats about it. And when I say "I've seen them do it" I mean that I remember seeing it happen. I'm sure I've seen other QBs do it, maybe even Eli, but I sure don't remember it. Do you truly remember seeing it happen, or are you just saying you saw it based on you thinking that he has to have atleast done it once?</p>

</p>

As for breaking down film, I can DVR the games, and give you my input on certain things that you want to discuss, but I'm not really interested in truly breaking down film and everything that goes with that.</p>[/quote]

yea if ur into it im going to be doing it, just giving u a heads up. Are u gonna make it out for THEE game this year?

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]Has anyone EVER seen Eli step into his throw when about to get hit instead of shy away? Because i haven't. He'll I've seen one preseason game of Ryan perilloux's and he's done it.[/quote]

yes i have..

like people see that comment and they literally think hes NEVER done it - its a crock

I do admit he gets happy feet sometimes, but its no where near as bad as some people are making it seem
    [/quote]</p>

Ive literally never seen him do it. Ive seen Flacco, Perriloux and Brady to it, but thats about it. And when I say "I've seen them do it" I mean that I remember seeing it happen. I'm sure I've seen other QBs do it, maybe even Eli, but I sure don't remember it. Do you truly remember seeing it happen, or are you just saying you saw it based on you thinking that he has to have atleast done it once?</p>

</p>

As for breaking down film, I can DVR the games, and give you my input on certain things that you want to discuss, but I'm not really interested in truly breaking down film and everything that goes with that.</p>[/quote]

yea if ur into it im going to be doing it, just giving u a heads up. Are u gonna make it out for THEE game this year?

<font size="2">
    </font><h2><font size="2">Texas artist Natalie Irish created this portrait of Jimi Hendrix
    without touching a paintbrush. Instead, she applied bright lipstick and
    kissed the canvas until Jimi emerged.</font></h2>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"]

yes i have..

[/quote]</p>

</p>

As for breaking down film, I can DVR the games, and give you my input on certain things that you want to discuss, but I'm not really interested in truly breaking down film and everything that goes with that.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Anyone who plays QB in the NFL has a lot of guts. Having said that, Eli does a lot of chucking and ducking. He's not willing to take a hit in order to wait for a play to break open. </p>

Not a "gunslinger" (I still laugh everytime I see the words "gunslinger" and "Eli" in the same sentence)</p>

Thats why he has either one of ,or the shortest average time from snap to release.</p>[/quote]

lol where did u pull that stat out of?

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"]

yes i have..

[/quote]</p>

</p>

As for breaking down film, I can DVR the games, and give you my input on certain things that you want to discuss, but I'm not really interested in truly breaking down film and everything that goes with that.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Anyone who plays QB in the NFL has a lot of guts. Having said that, Eli does a lot of chucking and ducking. He's not willing to take a hit in order to wait for a play to break open. </p>

Not a "gunslinger" (I still laugh everytime I see the words "gunslinger" and "Eli" in the same sentence)</p>

Thats why he has either one of ,or the shortest average time from snap to release.</p>[/quote]hence lower sack #'s which imo overrated our oline last year.....but thats another story...a lot goes into each and every play ...just saying....[/quote]

i vaguely remember that as well specifically the first couple of games last year. As the year went on they got solid though

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"]

yes i have..

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Thats why he has either one of ,or the shortest average time from snap to release.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I wasnt inferring that he's a wuss or gutless, or anything like that. I was just wondering if anyone recalls seeing Eli step into a throw knowing he's going to have to take the hit.</p>

[/quote]</p>

No I know. It was a qualifyer to prevent Matt from telling me that I've never had to face an NFL pass rush.</p>

I know my MMB......It was coming.</p>[/quote]

it actually wasn't

but i'm glad im in ur head

Found this on Pro Football Talk in the comments of an Eli article.

NUMBERS DONT LIEEEEEEEEEEEEE</p>

DREW 2010 ELI 2010 </p>

TD 33 / 31</p>

INT 22 / 25</p>

Pass attempt 658 / 539 </p>

Tot/yards 4600 / 4000</p>

20+ yard/pass 47 / 57</p>

BYRON - PATS - DAVEN

Labor Day, Sept 5th the draft at 7pm est

are u good for that ?

And Pats and Byron are u guys going to come to THEE game this year vs Bills?

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <font size="2">
    </font><h2><font size="2">Texas artist Natalie Irish created this portrait of Jimi Hendrix
    without touching a paintbrush. Instead, she applied bright lipstick and
    kissed the canvas until Jimi emerged.</font></h2>
    [/quote]I'd like to see what she can do with a cherry stem [Y]