Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]mornin errrbody. hope ya guys had a good weekend, and a good draft night =P[/quote]JP--Brees is my starting QB.
    [/quote]</P>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</P>

[/quote]I think it was you MH? Two times my intended pic was scapped up by the guy just before me....first time they took Brady and next time they took Witten. It gave me a little more confidence that my position selection was accurate for the given round.
    [/quote]</P>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</P>

[/quote]

i've got to be honest. I like my team and think I have depth

Maybe a little weaker with backup RB

but I have high hopes for starks
    [/quote]</P>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</P>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Pappy - I agree with your assessment on Rice completely. Me and Lando were debatin gall week about it. I told him he should go Rice at 2.

I knew you wouldn't let a guy of his consistancy and ceiling get past you. Great pick

On a side note: I have a couple of players reoccuring on my teams that I need to go big this year: Calvin Johnson, Anquon Boldin, Jason Witten, and Tim Hightower
    [/quote]</p>

Don't you mean Dallas Clark?</p>

Calvin will be huge, maybe the best WR this year with the hope that Stafford will stay healthy. But we all know how UGA guys are big *******, so the jury is out on that one.</p>

Hightower seems like a good pick, but someone else might emerge in DC. Its a risk.</p>[/quote]

na, I drafted 4 of my teams already. I have Witten on 2, Boldin on 2, CAlvin on 2, and Hightower on 3

and I have Helu handcuffed for Hightower in all of them

ahem, pizz - HANDCUFFED
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Calvin will be huge, maybe the best WR this year with the hope that Stafford will stay healthy. But we all know how UGA guys are big *******, so the jury is out on that one.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You know we're the ones who injured him, right? lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Who Stafford? No, we broke Hill's arm in the game we were at.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

</P>

Jesus Montero blasts two homeruns in a Yankee victory. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Pappy - I agree with your assessment on Rice completely. Me and Lando were debatin gall week about it. I told him he should go Rice at 2.

I knew you wouldn't let a guy of his consistancy and ceiling get past you. Great pick

On a side note: I have a couple of players reoccuring on my teams that I need to go big this year: Calvin Johnson, Anquon Boldin, Jason Witten, and Tim Hightower
    [/quote]</P>

Don't you mean Dallas Clark?</P>

Calvin will be huge, maybe the best WR this year with the hope that Stafford will stay healthy. But we all know how UGA guys are big *******, so the jury is out on that one.</P>

Hightower seems like a good pick, but someone else might emerge in DC. Its a risk.</P>

[/quote]

na, I drafted 4 of my teams already. I have Witten on 2, Boldin on 2, CAlvin on 2, and Hightower on 3
    [/quote]</P>

Yeah I figured it was something like that after I responded. Witten will probably have a huge year. I would have waited for Romo in last nights draft until Rivers fell in my lap.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[/quote]Def like Johnson and hightower

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]mornin errrbody. hope ya guys had a good weekend, and a good draft night =P[/quote]JP--Brees is my starting QB.
    [/quote]</p>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</p>

[/quote]I think it was you MH? Two times my intended pic was scapped up by the guy just before me....first time they took Brady and next time they took Witten. It gave me a little more confidence that my position selection was accurate for the given round.
    [/quote]</p>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</p>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</p>[/quote]

na I like Freeman this year... top 7 QB last year and wasn't even starting out of the gate...

I feel EXTREMELY solid at QB. And I even think Cutler will improve from last year

[quote user="ny06"]

</P>

Jesus Montero blasts two homeruns in a Yankee victory. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I have no idea how he hit that pitch on the second HR.</P>

My team is in huge injury trouble now. One friggin starting pitcher left. We just need to hold on to get in the tournament.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

Calvin and Witten should have good years I would guess. Boldin in Baltimore is still shaky to me.

Hightower, although he SHOULD be better in washington....a RB on a mike shanahan team is either going on the IR or will just suck. lol</p>[/quote]

i just like Boldin this year for a couple of reasons: 1) Finally got a legit deep threat to spread the ball, 2) should be looking for a big bounceback yeart, 3) Flacco gets better every year

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</P>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</P>

[/quote]

na I like Freeman this year... top 7 QB last year and wasn't even starting out of the gate...

I feel EXTREMELY solid at QB. And I even think Cutler will improve from last year
    [/quote]</P>

Well Freeman is a really nice player but not sure if he's FF good. He looked almost as bad as Eli in preseason. And thats really bad.</P>

How about Lawl starting Eli. Is it really minus 3 for ints this year?</P>
    Get well soon 80.