Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]pump your breaks pizzle. im excited about him too but an everyday player? where do you put him? especially with martin and cervelli hitting well. hes looks pretty good but for all we know he could be the next shelly duncan.
    [/quote]</P>

DH....</P>

gotta go with the hot bat...
    Martin and Cervelli are the better catchers, so why move them?

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <U>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</U>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</P>

[/quote]alright i thought you wanted him to start over martin and cervelli. lol
    and yes he has. hes was filling in for arod and did a good job.
    [/quote]</P>

nah....I mean we knew Montero was a mediocre catcher prior to this season. I dont know if he has developed at all or not. But I think he will be this team's DH until...well honestly, until Swisher isn't here. Or Teixeira....but I don't see either of them leaving soon lol, so....because he isn't as defensively sound as Martin or Cervelli, DH is a good spot I guess. Maybe catch on occasion.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]pump your breaks pizzle. im excited about him too but an everyday player? where do you put him? especially with martin and cervelli hitting well. hes looks pretty good but for all we know he could be the next shelly duncan.
    [/quote]</P>

DH....</P>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <U>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</U>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</P>

[/quote]</P>

nah....I mean we knew Montero was a mediocre catcher prior to this season. I dont know if he has developed at all or not. But I think he will be this team's DH until...well honestly, until Swisher isn't here. Or Teixeira....but I don't see either of them leaving soon lol, so....because he isn't as defensively sound as Martin or Cervelli, DH is a good spot I guess. Maybe catch on occasion.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

DH....</p>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <u>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</u>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Why wouldn't they DH him?</p>[/quote]

who Chavez?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

DH....</P>

[/quote]</P>

Why wouldn't they DH him?</P>

[/quote]

who Chavez?
    [/quote]</P>

No...Montero.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="Morehead State"]Why wouldn't they DH him?

[/quote]</P>

which are you referring to?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Girardi has already stated that Montero will more then likely just be the dh for this season &amp; post-season. </P>

He hasen't worked with the pitching staff since spring training. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

And you can forget that BS excuse about the tipped passes this year. Yes, Eli had tipped passes for picks. Some were clearly not on him, but most of those throws were bad. Way too high and those passes are often going to get deflected in the air. It doesn't matter what you think about WR's getting hands on passes. They are going to often get tipped. passes at the numbers are rarley tipped in the air. Passes above the head are.</P>

He threw one pass over Barden's head last year (what is Barden, like 6'7"?) And you guys claimed it was not on Eli. It was a horrible pass.</P>

Forget that tipped pass bull****, if he doesn't get those throws down this year, he's going to have 20+ picks again.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

DH....</p>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <u>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</u>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Why wouldn't they DH him?</p>[/quote]chavez? cause he doesnt have power. pretty decent hitter for us though. came up big in a few spots. one against the sox if im not mistaken.[:O]

montero has been dhing

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lawl"]lando's team is pitiful, anyone agree?[/quote]</p>

</p>

dunn owhy he has beanie starting, he has sjax and felix on bench. Hes def weak at WRs but i LOOOVVVEEE Stafford this year</p>

</p>

i think he was still drafting for teh flex</p>

[/quote]</p>

Im high on stafford too, but hes a piece of glass.</p>[/quote]
    There was just never a decent WR when I was picking. It had to be a reach every time and I was not going to do it. I just need to get a better 2nd WR. Pitiful is a bit much I think. lol

And the "route running" bull**** is a crap excuse too. You are claiming it was "tipped passes" and then its 'route running". </P>

You guys make it sound like the Giants WR's are horrible. These guys are elite. And Eli's bull**** excuses have run out. If he duplicates last year, TC, KG will be gone and a new regime will have to decide if they want Eli for their future.</P>