Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

Morehead</p>

I told you the Yankees would be in 1st place in September...</p>

[/quote]</p>

let me answer for him....</p>

"injury, blah blah...pitcher...blah blah...injured..etc etc...DL...etc etc...we're awesome"</p>[/quote]lol

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]mornin errrbody. hope ya guys had a good weekend, and a good draft night =P[/quote]JP--Brees is my starting QB.
    [/quote]</p>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</p>

[/quote]I think it was you MH? Two times my intended pic was scapped up by the guy just before me....first time they took Brady and next time they took Witten. It gave me a little more confidence that my position selection was accurate for the given round.
    [/quote]</p>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</p>

[/quote]

i've got to be honest. I like my team and think I have depth

Maybe a little weaker with backup RB

but I have high hopes for starks
    [/quote]</p>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</p>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</p>

[/quote]

na I like Freeman this year... top 7 QB last year and wasn't even starting out of the gate...

I feel EXTREMELY solid at QB. And I even think Cutler will improve from last year
    [/quote]</p>

Well Freeman is a really nice player but not sure if he's FF good. He looked almost as bad as Eli in preseason. And thats really bad.</p>

How about Lawl starting Eli. Is it really minus 3 for ints this year?</p>

[/quote]

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....PTS%26sdir%3D1

Freeman literally finished top 7 in fantasy last year

I like going with Eli - He has a rock solid team. I REALLY like his team
    [/quote]</p>

Ours is a QB league.. Eli is a backup, especially with the picks</p>

</p>

[/quote]

your right and he throws for 4k and 30 TDs

the picks wion't be near as bad as they were last year

[/quote]</p>

1. He won't throw for 4000 yards. that you can bank. We are going to run it much more this season.</p>

2. Why do you think he won't throw a lot of picks? Your opinion is that they weren't his fault. Why wouldn't he be a "victim" just like last year?</p>

[/quote]

I would think that the route running would get better, assuming our WRs stay healthy. Would have to think that these balls that bounce off of our WRs hands for a significan amount of times won't happen as well. it was very flukey

i bet you entry fee into fantasy for the over of 3999.5 for eli
    [/quote]</p>

Yeah...that terrible route running and bad hands got us the top WR tandem in football.</p>

You are absolutley nuts with this WR hate.</p>[/quote]

first off - while they have been great for us - they have also dropped balls they should of dropped. Are you denying this? I mean TO was probably the best or second best WR i've ever seen play and he dropped balls all the time. Is it not possible to be good and be a player that makes mistakes?

And please go give ma percentage of WRs that Eli had to throw to that didn't make the 52 man roster last year... get real with what last year was. Between Nicks missing time, Smith going down for the year, Barden going down - we had guys that we're signed mid year to go start for us...

ohh yea - and derek hagan. Your a fool
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"]pump your breaks pizzle. im excited about him too but an everyday player? where do you put him? especially with martin and cervelli hitting well. hes looks pretty good but for all we know he could be the next shelly duncan.
    [/quote]</P>

DH....</P>

gotta go with the hot bat...
    Martin and Cervelli are the better catchers, so why move them?

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And Chavez hasn't been playing much...and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

</p>

Jesus Montero blasts two homeruns in a Yankee victory. </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

My roommate has been HATIN' on him....I dont get it. I'm like, dude, it's his first time in the majors...he's like "i'm jsut not excited about him..."
    I think he was too big of a Posada fan or something, and doesn't accept the fact that it's over. lol
    sounds like a certain flake we know lol</p>

anyway....Montero should be an every day player. I'm all about him as the Yanks attempt to get younger in the coming years.</p>

[/quote]
    lol its going to be posada who next year
    [/quote]</p>

Geez Matt. Whats with all these scoring changes in the league. 3 and outs forced? Missed FGs inside 19 yards. Yards allowed? Did we vote on these?</p>

[/quote]

yea i think we did - thats why blondie created the league in the format of my other league

because I worked on that for like a day and brought it up in here

Don't worry papy, the totals come out ot hte same pretty much. There isn't like an increase in defensive scoring week to week. Just a different, more accurate way of showing a defenses performance

[/quote]</p>

I don't know about that. The new scoring takes away a bit the playmaking element of defense and adds the yardage totals. For instance, it not a lot but the sack value went from 1 to .75 and the 3 and outs and 4th down stops ect... i agree iys a better reflection of overall defense, but we are drafting defense based on turnovers created, sack and other "playmaking" factors.</p>[/quote]

Well 3 and outs, 4th down stops aren't playmaking ability?

points given up isn't really playmaking and we added that. I just basically balanced the yards with the points. PLUS the difference in the sacks is typically made up in the loss of yardage. It does balance out

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]what was ur question LT?[/quote]I think I experimented--drag and drop players from bench spots to replace active roster positions. I was wondering if I could swap a better tight end for a less performing wr, but I don't believe I can.[/quote]</p>

</p>

na u can't start a WR for a TE</p>

</p>

we aren't setup like that. Its possible, but its just not how we structured the league</p>

</p>

and btw, u dont need 2 kickers. U can pick a kicker up atanytime.</p>

</p>

I didn't even draft a kicker. Dime a dozen</p>

[/quote]? Could I sub a te for a wr? </p>

How will you pickup a kicker? So, in effect I wasted 2 picks on kickers?</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

there is a free agent wire for players that werent drafted</p>

</p>

u can add and release players. I will be adding a kicker before sunday but my theory is that kickers are a dime a dozen and so i'd rather try and grab an extra player incase one of my players go down. Just extra value.</p>

</p>

Def keep one kicker</p>

</p>

no u can't sub a WR for a TE</p>

[/quote]I can release a kicker for a FA player? I guess Drawback is if FA player never get's picked up?[/quote]</p>

</p>

nononon </p>

for instance</p>

</p>

Derrick Mason wasn't drafted. So he is a free agent in our league. U can cut a kicker and sign him to your team</p>[/quote]1 more ? The free agency wire you mentioned is that the link below? This is where I can drop and gain available players?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ayers?myteam=1
    [/quote]

yes exactly

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]pump your breaks pizzle. im excited about him too but an everyday player? where do you put him? especially with martin and cervelli hitting well. hes looks pretty good but for all we know he could be the next shelly duncan.
    [/quote]</p>

DH....</p>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And Chavez hasn't been playing much...and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</p>[/quote]

yahoo is a step up more credible than bleacher report

thats not saiyng much

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]mornin errrbody. hope ya guys had a good weekend, and a good draft night =P[/quote]JP--Brees is my starting QB.
    [/quote]</P>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</P>

[/quote]I think it was you MH? Two times my intended pic was scapped up by the guy just before me....first time they took Brady and next time they took Witten. It gave me a little more confidence that my position selection was accurate for the given round.
    [/quote]</P>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</P>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</P>

[/quote]

na I like Freeman this year... top 7 QB last year and wasn't even starting out of the gate...

I feel EXTREMELY solid at QB. And I even think Cutler will improve from last year
    [/quote]</P>

Well Freeman is a really nice player but not sure if he's FF good. He looked almost as bad as Eli in preseason. And thats really bad.</P>

How about Lawl starting Eli. Is it really minus 3 for ints this year?</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Ours is a QB league.. Eli is a backup, especially with the picks</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

1. He won't throw for 4000 yards. that you can bank. We are going to run it much more this season.</P>

2. Why do you think he won't throw a lot of picks? Your opinion is that they weren't his fault. Why wouldn't he be a "victim" just like last year?</P>

[/quote]

I would think that the route running would get better, assuming our WRs stay healthy. Would have to think that these balls that bounce off of our WRs hands for a significan amount of times won't happen as well. it was very flukey

[/quote]</P>

Yeah...that terrible route running and bad hands got us the top WR tandem in football.</P>

You are absolutley nuts with this WR hate.</P>

[/quote]

first off - while they have been great for us - they have also dropped balls they should of dropped. Are you denying this? I mean TO was probably the best or second best WR i've ever seen play and he dropped balls all the time. Is it not possible to be good and be a player that makes mistakes?

And please go give ma percentage of WRs that Eli had to throw to that didn't make the 52 man roster last year... get real with what last year was. Between Nicks missing time, Smith going down for the year, Barden going down - we had guys that we're signed mid year to go start for us...

[/quote]</P>

No I don't agree. All WR's drop passes on occasion. I don't think MM or Nicks are any worse that average at all. As a matter of fact, Nicks is far better than average with his hands. But they are GREAT playmakers, and despite all the "passes deflected off WR hands and hurt Eli's stats" claims, they also turned routine gains into TD's with their great playmaking ability, enhancing Eli's yards and TD's. You tend to ignore this fact convieniently.</P>

And if you didn't notice, Steve Smith aint on this team anymore. Are you going to use that as an excuse too?</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

DH....</p>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <u>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</u>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</p>[/quote]alright i thought you wanted him to start over martin and cervelli. lol
    and yes he has. hes was filling in for arod and did a good job.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

DH....</P>

The only other guys we got at DH are Chavez and Andruw Jones. And <U>Chavez hasn't been playing much.</U>..and doesnt really have much power. He does however hit in spots we really need him to.

and Yahoo reports that Posada is benched for good, unless we need pinch hitter or run into injury problems. But it's September, so....yea he's done.</P>

[/quote]alright i thought you wanted him to start over martin and cervelli. lol
    and yes he has. hes was filling in for arod and did a good job.
    [/quote]</P>

Why wouldn't they DH him?</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

LT you are talking to the only guy who ever whined about having Drew Brees as his starting QB.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Not me. I have Rivers and Whitten was actually grabbed one pick before I was going to take him. Just gotta go with the BPA. With no flex this year, every team has some weakness at one position. With me its RB depth.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Your QB situation is very tough. Even if manning comes back, he has lost strength in his upper body. It may be mid season until he is OK. That is if he plays this year. And that puts Clark at risk.</p>

Starks is a ? because he's splitting carries at best. I guess he might be goalline. Same as Mcgahee for me.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Well Freeman is a really nice player but not sure if he's FF good. He looked almost as bad as Eli in preseason. And thats really bad.</p>

How about Lawl starting Eli. Is it really minus 3 for ints this year?</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Ours is a QB league.. Eli is a backup, especially with the picks</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

1. He won't throw for 4000 yards. that you can bank. We are going to run it much more this season.</p>

2. Why do you think he won't throw a lot of picks? Your opinion is that they weren't his fault. Why wouldn't he be a "victim" just like last year?</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Yeah...that terrible route running and bad hands got us the top WR tandem in football.</p>

You are absolutley nuts with this WR hate.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No I don't agree. All WR's drop passes on occasion. I don't think MM or Nicks are any worse that average at all. As a matter of fact, Nicks is far better than average with his hands. But they are GREAT playmakers, and despite all the "passes deflected off WR hands and hurt Eli's stats" claims, they also turned routine gains into TD's with their great playmaking ability, enhancing Eli's yards and TD's. You tend to ignore this fact convieniently.</p>

And if you didn't notice, Steve Smith aint on this team anymore. Are you going to use that as an excuse too?</p>[/quote]

seeing as how we set the world record for most tipped passes that went for INTs in a season - i'd say it def had something to do wtih the inflation of the numbers. Hence why its flukey so im not worried about the INT total being as high..

REgardless of how great they are - those were big contributions to elis high INTs last year. Undeniable, no matter how bad u want to blow Nicks and Mario