Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

Where did I ever say "in stride"?

I've never said a WR shouldn't catch the ball. I HAVE said that if the ball does get to the WR it can still be qualified as a bad throw. You disagreed, Bill Walsh, however agreed with me. Walsh being mad at the WR and Joe is the equivalent of my opinion. Whereas you think it is all just on the WR.

Another tidbit I'll add-(see the bold)

Are you of the opinion that on the plays where Boss caught the ball and got demolished that it was a bad pass? Because you're definitely inferring that.

[/quote]

It obviously can be abad throw - it doesn't matter though. When the ball comes to the WR he has to make the grab. Its like Receiving 101.

Bill Walsh mentioned NOTHING about anything we're talking about. Your qouting Montana on a phantom play where you have NO clue if there were even defenders on the field or if they were in a 7 on 7 drill. A generic bland statement prove snothing for your cause.

They may not be GREAT passes but if they get to the WR at a place where only he can catch its good enough.

Sometimes **** happens, sometimes you got to get the ball to a guy you see open. Honestly I can't really remember which play ur speaking of specifically. I know Boss go thung out a couple of times..

Theres one constant when it comes to receiving the ball: If it hits your hands - you have to make the play.

I'll even say there are a few situations where that could be argued, unfortunately alot of the balls that moorehead is referring to on Eli - isn't.
    [/quote]

I don't know why you keep bringing up the WRs part of the ordeal. I'm well aware that they made a bad play on the ball. They touched it and dropped it. Unacceptable.

But, on these plays Eli clearly could have put the ball in a better spot, he knows it, I know it, you know it. Secondly, these throws surely do not end up where Eli wants them to be. With this known, how could you possibly qualify any of this throws as good?

I don't know why you aren't picking up what I'm saying about Walsh and why its relevant, but ill go further.

Walsh got mad at Joe Montana when the ball made it to the WR in a place that was catchable, but made him slow his route or such. Meaning the ball got there, and it was STILL a bad throw. You can apply this logic to 90% of Eli's tip ints. The balls are in a spot where even if the WR catches it, he isn't going anywhere but to the ground, but it is quite clear if a good throw is made alot of space is there for extra yards to be gained. This is why it is not a good throw by NFL standards.

[/quote]</p>

Lawl. I've been having this exact argument with Matt for months. His view is that the QB's only responsibility is to throw the ball in the vicinity of the WR and the rest is on the WR. If he doesn't catch it, its not Eli's fault.</p>

What he doesn't understand is that most Division 3 college QB's can do that.</p>

You will never convince him because he is blinded by his agenda that Eli is never to blame. If he was convinced otherwise, his little world will come crashing down on him and I really don't want to see that happen.</p>

Best for his to live in his fantasy world.</p>[/quote]

define vicinity.. .hitting them in both hands is more than just in the vicinity

Moorehead, the only agenda going on here is the cum shots u take in the mouth over nicks and mario. God forbid they don't do something right or perfect, everybody else is hater. You totally dismis the fact that they can do any wrong. Its sad actually. Its to the point where balls bounce off their hands and ur blaming the QB
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

I've never said a WR shouldn't catch the ball. I HAVE said that if the ball does get to the WR it can still be qualified as a bad throw. You disagreed, Bill Walsh, however agreed with me. Walsh being mad at the WR and Joe is the equivalent of my opinion. Whereas you think it is all just on the WR.

Are you of the opinion that on the plays where Boss caught the ball and got demolished that it was a bad pass? Because you're definitely inferring that.

[/quote]

It obviously can be abad throw - it doesn't matter though. When the ball comes to the WR he has to make the grab. Its like Receiving 101.

Bill Walsh mentioned NOTHING about anything we're talking about. Your qouting Montana on a phantom play where you have NO clue if there were even defenders on the field or if they were in a 7 on 7 drill. A generic bland statement prove snothing for your cause.

They may not be GREAT passes but if they get to the WR at a place where only he can catch its good enough.

Sometimes **** happens, sometimes you got to get the ball to a guy you see open. Honestly I can't really remember which play ur speaking of specifically. I know Boss go thung out a couple of times..

Theres one constant when it comes to receiving the ball: If it hits your hands - you have to make the play.

I'll even say there are a few situations where that could be argued, unfortunately alot of the balls that moorehead is referring to on Eli - isn't.
    [/quote]

I don't know why you keep bringing up the WRs part of the ordeal. I'm well aware that they made a bad play on the ball. They touched it and dropped it. Unacceptable.

But, on these plays Eli clearly could have put the ball in a better spot, he knows it, I know it, you know it. Secondly, these throws surely do not end up where Eli wants them to be. With this known, how could you possibly qualify any of this throws as good?

I don't know why you aren't picking up what I'm saying about Walsh and why its relevant, but ill go further.

Walsh got mad at Joe Montana when the ball made it to the WR in a place that was catchable, but made him slow his route or such. Meaning the ball got there, and it was STILL a bad throw. You can apply this logic to 90% of Eli's tip ints. The balls are in a spot where even if the WR catches it, he isn't going anywhere but to the ground, but it is quite clear if a good throw is made alot of space is there for extra yards to be gained. This is why it is not a good throw by NFL standards.

[/quote]

Okay some of them thats true, they could of been better balls. I think i've said that a couple of times already.

BUT again, it comes back down to the fact that they were good enough and they should of been caught. To simply

I understand what Walsh was upset about, the point is that it has nothing to do with the tipped balls argument that we have been takling about for the past two hours.

I got to be honest, i dont even know what the reason your bringing this stuff up because it really isn't applicable to the fact that the catches should of been made.
    [/quote]
    The catches shouldve been made just like the passes shouldve been in better spots.
    [/quote]

bottom line the balls go there to a catchable situation. Could they of been better, in some cases yea. But bottom line, an adequate job was done. Its on the WRs
    [/quote]</P>

Adequate?</P>

Your standards for future hall of famers are dropping.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay some of them thats true, they could of been better balls. I think i've said that a couple of times already.

BUT again, it comes back down to the fact that they were good enough and they should of been caught. To simply

I understand what Walsh was upset about, the point is that it has nothing to do with the tipped balls argument that we have been takling about for the past two hours.

I got to be honest, i dont even know what the reason your bringing this stuff up because it really isn't applicable to the fact that the catches should of been made.
    [/quote]
    The catches shouldve been made just like the passes shouldve been in better spots.
    [/quote]

bottom line the balls go there to a catchable situation. Could they of been better, in some cases yea. But bottom line, an adequate job was done. Its on the WRs
    [/quote]

It's not some, its most.

I've provided the video. Most of these throws are not close to where they are supposed to be.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]so when the giants are playing a natural 4-3 and not the 3 safety formation, will grant still be free safety?
    [/quote]

no... why would he be in over Phillips and Rolle?
    [/quote]cause grants playing free safety and rolle is playing nickle in nickle packages.
    [/quote]

no hes just moving to the nickle in nickle packages

when that happens its really not the natural 4-3 your talking about, its that triple saftey thing pretty much - just being used in a different way

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Adequate?</p>

Your standards for future hall of famers are dropping.</p>[/quote]

lol true because when cherry picking 7-9 throws out of almost 600 and labeling it as adequate - that means that the guy can never be HOF material at all.

Tell me again how ur not a troll?

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]so when the giants are playing a natural 4-3 and not the 3 safety formation, will grant still be free safety?
    [/quote]

[/quote]cause grants playing free safety and rolle is playing nickle in nickle packages.
    [/quote]</P>

as far as I know, Grant would be SS in that scenario. Doesnt KP usuallyplay fs?
    for us, i dont think it matters really lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It's not some, its most.

I've provided the video. Most of these throws are not close to where they are supposed to be.
    [/quote]

and again, i think thats a lil over the top

some of the balls are put there because its the open window

#teamdramatic

members: Harooni, Moorehead, and now LAWL

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

as far as I know, Grant would be SS in that scenario. Doesnt KP usuallyplay fs?
    for us, i dont think it matters really lol</p>[/quote]

yea but a nickle is 5 dbacks

In the standard defense of 2 safteys and 2 CBs - Grant will not be in

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Lawl. I've been having this exact argument with Matt for months. His view is that the QB's only responsibility is to throw the ball in the vicinity of the WR and the rest is on the WR. If he doesn't catch it, its not Eli's fault.</P>

What he doesn't understand is that most Division 3 college QB's can do that.</P>

You will never convince him because he is blinded by his agenda that Eli is never to blame. If he was convinced otherwise, his little world will come crashing down on him and I really don't want to see that happen.</P>

Best for his to live in his fantasy world.</P>

[/quote]

define vicinity.. .hitting them in both hands is more than just in the vicinity

Moorehead, the only agenda going on here is the cum shots u take in the mouth over nicks and mario. God forbid they don't do something right or perfect, everybody else is hater. You totally dismis the fact that they can do any wrong. Its sad actually. Its to the point where balls bounce off their hands and ur blaming the QB
    [/quote]</P>

I think Nicks is very good and MM is almost as good. I don't think they are <U>that</U> great. This has nothing to do with the WR's for me. It has everything to do with those fans who refuse to hold our QB accountable for his poor play and he poor decision making.</P>

Its about my frustration when some call him a "gunslinger" when his past success shows us that when he is especially careful with the ball, we can be great.</P>

As you know the 4 game playoff run was very average in yards and TD's. He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's per game. That extends to about 3500 yards and 24 TD's for a season. Not bad. But ONE turnover in 4 games and that was on Steve Smith. That is the formula for winning football games. That formula produced three straight wins over teams with a combined record of 45-6. NOT this rediculous, romantic notion of "gunslingers".</P>

Eli's history PROVES that I'm right. </P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]so when the giants are playing a natural 4-3 and not the 3 safety formation, will grant still be free safety?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

no hes just moving to the nickle in nickle packages

when that happens its really not the natural 4-3 your talking about, its that triple saftey thing pretty much - just being used in a different way
    [/quote]yea i know i didnt want to label it the 3 safety formation thingy. haha