Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    Eli was making good throws in the face of pressure - when he could.

Impossible to create time when theres leaks ALL over the line and pressure is coming from all angles. Its amazing how Giants fans forget this, but then take pride that the concept we've built our defense around.

He was def hitting hot WRs.

Throw the ball only where his guy could catch it? But thjat would go against EVERYTHING you hate. What if that means the receiver would have to reach for the ball, or jump for it?

You have ZERO consistancy in anything you say
    [/quote]</P>

ohhhh burn.....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and first place after week 1

get use to seeing it GMB fantasy footballers
    [/quote]
    You see something new every day. It might take some time getting used to. lol

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]

lol. I feel alot better about Romo seeing how he did vs the Jets defense now too
    [/quote]</P>

You made the wrong decision starting Freeman. Romo outproduced him in FF points. Decisions like that will cost you this season. You are stubborn like TC.</P>

And did you notice that the Arizona D outproduced the GB D?</P>

</P>

[/quote]

did you notice that pretty much EVERY defense outproduced GB D this week.

I feel fine going wtih Freeman vs Det with Romo vs the Jets. Jets D looked shaky, wasn't expecting that. I'd do it 10 out of 10 times to start the season.

Dez Bryant is going to be a problem
    [/quote]</P>

Didn't you say that I made a mistake by starting Arizona? yes you did. You backtrack better than Michael Jackson.</P>

And true to my word, I will drop them like a bad habit tomorrow.</P>

[/quote]

you got lucky on a kick return lol, dont pat urself on the back too much. Cam Newton threw for 400 yards in his rookie debute against them lol... you got lucky
    [/quote]</P>

You have the wrong MJ as your avi in FF. My choices were GB vs. NO or Zona vs. Cam. No one saw Newton doing what he did. And may i remind you that GB had a 108 yard return.</P>

But my choice was still a plus. Unlike your choice of QB.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

made up the difference by taking Houston - the REAL choice of defenses of week 1...

no bigger moon walk than u killing Eli for not being more conservative with the ball and then cry when he is and then say u want him to make plays

your like a woman. Infact Im going to call u Mammy instead of PAppy from now on
    [/quote]</P>

Thats right Matt. For our "Hall of Fame Gunslinger" (gunslinger still cracks me up) I expect him to make plays AND not give it to the other team.</P>

Its called being a "top ten" QB. </P>

Thats why Romo isn't one. he makes plays but he gives it to the other team, like last night. And right now, I'm not sure our boy is one either.</P>

[/quote]

"If it isn't there, don't throw it"

but yet yesterday when it wasn't there, u wanted him to throw it anyway apparently by your statements today

[/quote]</P>

No.... I expect him to step up better in the pocket. I expect him to make the subtle moves in the pocket to create more time (ala Marino), I expect him to wait until the last second if needed for a guy to break open and be willing to take the hit. I expect him to hit the hot WR in a blitz and I expect him to throw those balls in places where only his guy to catch it.</P>

When those things can't happen, I expect him to throw it away or take the sack.</P>

[/quote]

Eli was making good throws in the face of pressure - when he could.

Impossible to create time when theres leaks ALL over the line and pressure is coming from all angles. Its amazing how Giants fans forget this, but then take pride that the concept we've built our defense around.

He was def hitting hot WRs.

Throw the ball only where his guy could catch it? But thjat would go against EVERYTHING you hate. What if that means the receiver would have to reach for the ball, or jump for it?

You have ZERO consistancy in anything you say
    [/quote]</P>

Wrong again. Throwing it where only your guy can catch it almost always means throwing it low. When you get the ball up on short passes they can be picked. As we saw last year.</P>

And its exactly what Tom Brady does. Thus so few picks for him.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and first place after week 1

[/quote]

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]</P>

Wonder why LT hasn't showed up this morning. The Ryan Torrain thing was not his best moment.</P>

I still think you are winning (probably by a lot) this week but it will be fun to sweat it out with you tonight. Lets hope the Pats D/ST doesn't do what it did last year at Miami.</P>

[/quote]Sorry, got here late today. Ryan Torrain --ughh. I think I am officially confused with FF as of last night. I'm watching triple digit scores lighting up our board, scratching my head, trying to figure what I did wrong.
    [/quote]</P>

were you cofused on how to set your starting lineup or did you intend to start Torain?</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and first place after week 1

[/quote]

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]

lol. I feel alot better about Romo seeing how he did vs the Jets defense now too
    [/quote]</p>

You made the wrong decision starting Freeman. Romo outproduced him in FF points. Decisions like that will cost you this season. You are stubborn like TC.</p>

And did you notice that the Arizona D outproduced the GB D?</p>

</p>

[/quote]

I feel fine going wtih Freeman vs Det with Romo vs the Jets. Jets D looked shaky, wasn't expecting that. I'd do it 10 out of 10 times to start the season.

[/quote]</p>

Didn't you say that I made a mistake by starting Arizona? yes you did. You backtrack better than Michael Jackson.</p>

And true to my word, I will drop them like a bad habit tomorrow.</p>

[/quote]

you got lucky on a kick return lol, dont pat urself on the back too much. Cam Newton threw for 400 yards in his rookie debute against them lol... you got lucky
    [/quote]</p>

You have the wrong MJ as your avi in FF. My choices were GB vs. NO or Zona vs. Cam. No one saw Newton doing what he did. And may i remind you that GB had a 108 yard return.</p>

But my choice was still a plus. Unlike your choice of QB.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

made up the difference by taking Houston - the REAL choice of defenses of week 1...

no bigger moon walk than u killing Eli for not being more conservative with the ball and then cry when he is and then say u want him to make plays

[/quote]</p>

Thats right Matt. For our "Hall of Fame Gunslinger" (gunslinger still cracks me up) I expect him to make plays AND not give it to the other team.</p>

Its called being a "top ten" QB. </p>

Thats why Romo isn't one. he makes plays but he gives it to the other team, like last night. And right now, I'm not sure our boy is one either.</p>[/quote]why are we STILL *****ing about eli?! defense is the problem!
    [/quote]I consider Defense this teams strength. W/o Tuck and Osi it was miserable.
    [/quote]

I agree to an extent. I mean vs the run i think we are BEYOND solid. Getting pressure on theQB? BEYOND solid. I mean we were missing 2 of our top 3 pass rushers (however u want to slice it) and we were still cracking Grossman.

On the flipside u do have to give him credit. He took a beating and it took it early and he kept getting up. As bad as it was for us, I have respect for Grossman after yesterday

BUT - the inability to cover in our secondary is such a weakness that it overshadows everything else

Offensively, we really don't know much becuase our OLine looked brutal. Eli played a conservative game (the same kind Mammy cried for in all of his knocks) the backs did decent with what they had.

Again - how bout Ballard. I like that kid. I thought he really stepped up in all aspects of the game for us yesterday. Gotta go back to the film and keep an eye on his blocking

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW the Eli apologists were out in force early yesterday. The pick was a poor decision. if you watch the video you will see that Kerrigan was standing in the way and KMac was already on the ground when Eli threw the ball. The play had broken down and he either needed to loft it over the DE or throw it away.</p>

The only decision worse than that yesterday was LT's starting Ryan Torian over either Knowshon or Green-Ellis.</p>

But LT is a rook. Eli is an 8 year vet.</p>

But in review, Eli wasn't any worse than most of the rest of the team.</p>

[/quote]

ur a fool if u think that aws on eli. Thats a bang-bang play. McKenzie HAD to cut block the DE to make it work. You can't wait for that to happen, you have to just do it. The fact that it was picked was just bad luck. Typically thats just a batted ball

Let the grown ups talk before u start trolling pappy
    [/quote]</p>

I'm not saying that the break down of the play was on Eli. I do expect our veteran QB to see that the play had broken down and adjust accordingly. I don't expect him to force it with the DE standing in the passing lane and KMac laying on the ground.</p>

If you watch the play you can see that all this was clear when Eli threw the ball. There was not a lot of time to adjust, but after 8 years the game should have slowed down enough to make the right decision. This is just like the Cruz adjustment in pre season. It was Cruz's fault that he didn't make the sight adjustment, just as it was KMac's fault that he missed the block, but the DECISION to throw the ball in both plays was all on Eli.</p>[/quote]The only decision worse than that yesterday was LT's starting Ryan Torian over either Knowshon or Green-Ellis&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;The sad part is that LT did not even realize this until after the Giants Game. I went to my team to execute what I planned and Strategized on Friday--to find out that I did not have a clue wtf I was doing. Last night after the skins game, I am trying to drag and drop Knowshon and Derek Hagan into my starting line up and it's not working. I'm like wtf is this **** broken or something...then the unsettling reality came over me.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i have a HUUUGE knock on Eli i almost forgot to bring up

Mammy - you should love this

WHY THE **** DO WE TAKE FOREVER TOGET THE PLAY OFF?!?!

Granted things were looking grim, but we had the ball with over 5 minutes left down two scores, we are in a "hurry up" offense and we STILL are only getting the ball off with like 5 seconds on the play clock

ITS GROSS

I want to know whose responsible for this because i'm not sure if its Eli, Coughlin, or Gilbride

but i'm DEF putting half the blame on Coughlin for not getting it fixed. I've just had enough of it.
    [/quote]</p>

yea, it's been a running trait for all of Eli's career. But he's also had TC and Gilbride(for most) his whole career. So.....it's obviously still a problem that hasn't been fixed at least 5 years in the making. that is pretty bad...</p>[/quote]

im going to put it on eli for yesterday

I mean hes switching WRs all over the field while the clock is ticking. ****in call routes from the line. Keep everybody where they were

our hurry up offense was disgusting.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and first place after week 1

[/quote]

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]</p>

Wonder why LT hasn't showed up this morning. The Ryan Torrain thing was not his best moment.</p>

I still think you are winning (probably by a lot) this week but it will be fun to sweat it out with you tonight. Lets hope the Pats D/ST doesn't do what it did last year at Miami.</p>

[/quote]Sorry, got here late today. Ryan Torrain --ughh. I think I am officially confused with FF as of last night. I'm watching triple digit scores lighting up our board, scratching my head, trying to figure what I did wrong.
    [/quote]</p>

were you <u>cofused</u> on how to set your starting lineup or did you intend to start Torain?</p>[/quote]=understatement, clueless probably more appropriate. I actually thought I would move Torain in place for the skins game, then move my Oakland and New England players to active for Monday's games.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You made the wrong decision starting Freeman. Romo outproduced him in FF points. Decisions like that will cost you this season. You are stubborn like TC.</p>

And did you notice that the Arizona D outproduced the GB D?</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Didn't you say that I made a mistake by starting Arizona? yes you did. You backtrack better than Michael Jackson.</p>

And true to my word, I will drop them like a bad habit tomorrow.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You have the wrong MJ as your avi in FF. My choices were GB vs. NO or Zona vs. Cam. No one saw Newton doing what he did. And may i remind you that GB had a 108 yard return.</p>

But my choice was still a plus. Unlike your choice of QB.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Thats right Matt. For our "Hall of Fame Gunslinger" (gunslinger still cracks me up) I expect him to make plays AND not give it to the other team.</p>

Its called being a "top ten" QB. </p>

Thats why Romo isn't one. he makes plays but he gives it to the other team, like last night. And right now, I'm not sure our boy is one either.</p>[/quote]why are we STILL *****ing about eli?! defense is the problem!
    [/quote]I consider Defense this teams strength. W/o Tuck and Osi it was miserable.
    [/quote]

I agree to an extent. I mean vs the run i think we are BEYOND solid. Getting pressure on theQB? BEYOND solid. I mean we were missing 2 of our top 3 pass rushers (however u want to slice it) and we were still cracking Grossman.

On the flipside u do have to give him credit. He took a beating and it took it early and he kept getting up. As bad as it was for us, I have respect for Grossman after yesterday

BUT - the inability to cover in our secondary is such a weakness that it overshadows everything else

Offensively, we really don't know much becuase our OLine looked brutal. Eli played a conservative game (the same kind Mammy cried for in all of his knocks) the backs did decent with what they had.

Again - how bout Ballard. I like that kid. I thought he really stepped up in all aspects of the game for us yesterday. Gotta go back to the film and keep an eye on his blocking

[/quote]i like ballard. hes a big boy with decent speed.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Wrong again. Throwing it where only your guy can catch it almost always means throwing it low. When you get the ball up on short passes they can be picked. As we saw last year.

And its exactly what Tom Brady does. Thus so few picks for him.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I think of it as more of leading shorterpasses over the middle, and throwing over the outside shoulder like we saw so many times with Nicks last season.
    throwing low on those short passes works too, but definitely more difficult to come up with, in my opinion.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Ray Rice 1 CJ2K 0 lol
    [/quote]</p>

Wonder why LT hasn't showed up this morning. The Ryan Torrain thing was not his best moment.</p>

I still think you are winning (probably by a lot) this week but it will be fun to sweat it out with you tonight. Lets hope the Pats D/ST doesn't do what it did last year at Miami.</p>[/quote]Sorry, got here late today. Ryan Torrain --ughh. I think I am officially confused with FF as of last night. I'm watching triple digit scores lighting up our board, scratching my head, trying to figure what I did wrong.
    [/quote]

well first off - EVERYBODY has those weeks every once in a while. INfact in most of my leagues , it seems like half the teams in all of them were low scoring. Very weird fantasy first week

BUT - Torrain in really screwed you

Charles didn't have a that good of a day and that was suppose to be your workhorse

You didn't really have many TDs from ur skill sets - it will happen

but keep in mind u stil lhave two players left