Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]yea thin skinned eli, <U>a qb with one of the most 4th quarter comebacks by an active qb.

</U>and i saw tc scolding eli the other day so i dont know what youre talking about. i can think of 15 players off the top of my head that had a much worse day than eli and youre still on his nuts. youre hating.
    [/quote]</P>

is that true? didnt know that. impressive....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]In what universe....Only in the skewed, twisted world....[/quote]

wait...so like.....MoreheadLand????</P>

It's all coming together more and more every day...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <FONT size=6>Not sure about the other two.

<FONT size=3>my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

No coach is going to look to get rid of a superbowl QB.

Actually, they are. Stop listening to talking heads on ESPN.
    </FONT></FONT>[/quote]</P>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </P>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</P>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</P>

[/quote]mh, if you think cowher or gruden(whos said multiple times he would LOVE to coach eli) would look for a new qb youre out of your ****ing mind. maybe for depth behind carr. lol
    [/quote]</P>

When a HC gets fired it almost always means that the team has failed. Any HC would demand him own system and his own player types to take a job. And no one would ever take a job as HC when ownership demands that the existing QB not be replaced.</P>

Eli is 30. He has peaked. He aint getting any better. This is who he is.<U> You don't think that if there is a QB they love in the draft they wouldn't consider him?</U></P>

<U>THEE Thread Eli Cultist</U> </P>

MMB</P>

DEZZ</P>

</P>

Anyone else?</P>

[/quote]yea like i said, depth behind eli. you think a new coach is going to come in, kick eli to the curb and go with a roook??? what the hell is the matter with you? youre getting worse by the day.
    [/quote]</P>

I don't think that at all. But I do think that they would consider drafting a future QB and/or bringing in a vet to compete. Very few QB's are untouchable. Especially on a team that is struggling.</P>

<U>TC is tough on everyone on this team except Eli. he knows that Eli is thin skinned and delicate. No way a new coach puts up with that crap.</U></P>

[/quote]yea thin skinned eli, a qb with one of the most 4th quarter comebacks by an active qb.

and i saw tc scolding eli the other day so i dont know what youre talking about. i can think of 15 players off the top of my head that had a much worse day than eli and youre still on his nuts. youre hating.
    [/quote]</P>

Has very little to do with Sunday's game. It has to do with the general direction of his play over the past two years. His play from the playoff run in 07 thru the 08 season was perfectly fine with me. And would most certainly be OK with any new HC. His play since then has declined. His decision making has worsened. But this is especially true starting last season and continuing into the preseason and now into game 1.</P>

If a new HC believes that he can get the kind of play from Eli that we saw a few years ago, I'm fine with that. I have no hate for Eli at all. I just hate his play over that past year and a half.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <FONT size=6>Not sure about the other two.

<FONT size=3>my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

</FONT></FONT>[/quote]</P>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </P>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</P>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</P>

[/quote]mh, if you think cowher or gruden(whos said multiple times he would LOVE to coach eli) would look for a new qb youre out of your ****ing mind. maybe for depth behind carr. lol
    [/quote]</P>

When a HC gets fired it almost always means that the team has failed. Any HC would demand him own system and his own player types to take a job. And no one would ever take a job as HC when ownership demands that the existing QB not be replaced.</P>

Eli is 30. He has peaked. He aint getting any better. This is who he is.<U> You don't think that if there is a QB they love in the draft they wouldn't consider him?</U></P>

<U>THEE Thread Eli Cultist</U> </P>

MMB</P>

DEZZ</P>

</P>

Anyone else?</P>

[/quote]yea like i said, depth behind eli. you think a new coach is going to come in, kick eli to the curb and go with a roook??? what the hell is the matter with you? youre getting worse by the day.
    [/quote]</P>

I don't think that at all. But I do think that they would consider drafting a future QB and/or bringing in a vet to compete. Very few QB's are untouchable. Especially on a team that is struggling.</P>

<U>TC is tough on everyone on this team except Eli. he knows that Eli is thin skinned and delicate. No way a new coach puts up with that crap.</U></P>

[/quote]yea thin skinned eli, a qb with one of the most 4th quarter comebacks by an active qb.

and i saw tc scolding eli the other day so i dont know what youre talking about. i can think of 15 players off the top of my head that had a much worse day than eli and youre still on his nuts. youre hating.
    [/quote]</P>

How many of those comebacks have you seen over the past few years?</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]It was abundantly clear to me last night that Eli is not in the same Universe of QB's as Tom Brady. I know Eli stated a few weeks ago that him and Tom were in the same class. In his dreams.

Tom's fundamentals were as crisp and precise as they could be for a pocket QB. I am a diehard NYG fan, plus a fan of the league. That was a treat to watch Brady last night.
    [/quote]
    I thought the same thing last night.

It was nice to watch Brady do that, just not to my fantasy team. lol
    [/quote]Funny you say that---I was frantic trying to see who had Brady in our league.

I'm back on the IBM site today, and there's only 2 desks here....and there are 2 scheduled appointments at the same time. One for a mortgage originator, and 1 for our investment rep....</P>

so that leaves no desk for the rest of us. yay!! hopefully we can drag this out as long as we can! lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]In what universe....Only in the skewed, twisted world....[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Again its classic Pizz. Sitting on the sidelines and throwing rocks at those in the arena. Do you actually have an opinion, or are you too afraid to express it?</P>

God knows your too afraid to take a strong position in TAGF.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]In what universe....Only in the skewed, twisted world....[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Again its classic Pizz. Sitting on the sidelines and throwing rocks at those in the arena. Do you actually have an opinion, or are you too afraid to express it?</P>

God knows your too afraid to take a strong position in TAGF.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I already made my opinions clear. which do you want to revisit first?

1) youre already complaining about Eli again, week 1, when there's way too much blame to be passed around. But you just focus on that. Whatever, that's your opinion. So much for "global thinking"

2) Yes, we do need a new coach. I said that LAST year....and I was shocked that TC and staff got extended. We have to clean house. All of them....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <font size="6">Not sure about the other two.

<font size="3">my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

</font></font>[/quote]</p>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </p>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</p>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</p>

[/quote]</p>

When a HC gets fired it almost always means that the team has failed. Any HC would demand him own system and his own player types to take a job. And no one would ever take a job as HC when ownership demands that the existing QB not be replaced.</p>

Eli is 30. He has peaked. He aint getting any better. This is who he is.<u> You don't think that if there is a QB they love in the draft they wouldn't consider him?</u></p>

<u>THEE Thread Eli Cultist</u> </p>

MMB</p>

DEZZ</p>

</p>

Anyone else?</p>

[/quote]</p>

I don't think that at all. But I do think that they would consider drafting a future QB and/or bringing in a vet to compete. Very few QB's are untouchable. Especially on a team that is struggling.</p>

<u>TC is tough on everyone on this team except Eli. he knows that Eli is thin skinned and delicate. No way a new coach puts up with that crap.</u></p>

[/quote]</p>

Has very little to do with Sunday's game. It has to do with the general direction of his play over the past two years. His play from the playoff run in 07 thru the 08 season was perfectly fine with me. And would most certainly be OK with any new HC.<u> His play since then has declined. </u>His decision making has worsened. But this is especially true starting last season and continuing into the preseason and now into game 1.</p>

If a new HC believes that he can get the kind of play from Eli that we saw a few years ago, I'm fine with that. I have no hate for Eli at all. I just hate his play over that past year and a half.</p>[/quote]thas simply not true. in ONE AREA (INTS) he declined, in ALL others hes improved.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="shocknaweny"]

Bill Cowher please....TC has lost this team....should have been fired in '09....thi may be THEE WORST coaching staff in all of football....I like Gruden too or ****ing anybody but TC....and Fewell is overrated too.....the secondary couldn't cover **** so blitz all day long.....**** it.</P>

Oh looking for another receiver....in FF in a trade ( a good one )</P>

[/quote]</P>

I tried to give you one. I need another RB.</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Well have a look then my friend.</P>