All-Pro

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and no daven I just call u a Republican.

You just deny ur affiliation
    [/quote]

I do not at all, I was previously a Republican, I'm more a Libertarian right now though (look it up it fits me better I think you'd agree)

you are the only one here who denies their affiliation.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

i'd say the bleeding heart goes out the window when ur for death
    [/quote]

I wouldn't say that.

your heart bleeds on many many social issues, just because there is one it does not bleed on doesn't make it stop bleeding on the rest.

you form opinions and make decisions based upon your feelings quite often, sometimes that's a good thing but generally, I will disagree with opinions and decisions that are arrived at in that way, because that is just not who I am, I think everything through logically....even if it's the wrong thing to do....ust as you can't help the way you are neither can I help the way I am.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

really? Because i think if somebody like Casey Anthony had been found guilty that she should be killed? I think im very logical. Eye for an eye.
    [/quote]

It's illogical to try a base a punishment system on "how" guilty someone is or on "How" disgusting the crime they committed was....

it's a subjective scale...you can't structure a punishment system around something like that.

either you are guilty of ______ or you are Innocent of ____

if you are guilty of _____ then the punishment is determined by what the law states are acceptable punishments for ______.

you can not logically think that one person deserves a harsher punishment then any other person just because "you think she deserves it" and remain in the reasonable/logical world.

if you want to say a murderer deserves the death penalty because they took a life...that's a perfectly logical thought.

but to say people like "Casey Anthony" deserve the death penalty automatically makes the comment/thought emotional.

(And you can substitute the name Casey Anthony with ANY name including Osama if you want and it's still illogical)
    [/quote]

okay great. So we are on the same page. I think NY/NJ should impose the death penalty.

Why the **** should we as tax payer pay to keep people like that alive and living? ****in get rid of em. I'll pay the PSE&G bill with pleasure.
    [/quote]iv never seen this side of you, its sexy.
    [/quote]</p>

Actually the death penalty is much more expensive to the tax payers then a life sentence.</p>

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42</p>[/quote]bring em to me, ill do it for cheap.

thats why we should bring back the firing squad. oh no but thats not humane.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i tend to think the difference in ways of life is a huge difference. Living under a dictator where u have to fight ur government (in a diff way than we do now) is completely different than living in a civilized society. OR as civilized as a society could get.

IF u can't see the difference between Dr K vs Casey Anthony then I don't know what to tell you. And I know u do see the dramatic difference so i won't pretend u dont, so u already know the answer.[/quote]

you are going in a completely unrelated (yet also intriguing) direction with this.

the time period/government has absolutely nothing to do with the analogy here Matt.

Robin Hood stole for the greater good yet he is still a thief, and if convicted...even in your own view he should still serve the same sentence as any other common thief.

Then why should one murder face one set of punishment....but another face a different.

[/quote]

just for the record, stealing from the king did equate death in the Robin Hood tales..

nothing has to do with the analogy, that was my point lol

Because one is really an assisted suicide oppose to murder.

You act like there isn't different degrees of murder or that the death penalty doesn't exist.

HAD Casey Anthony been convicted, in your honest non-trolling opinion - what degree would she been convicted of?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]lol why not. it helps keeps society in order for the most part
    [/quote]

LOL see there it is again, I don't understand this thought process...and I'm intrigued.

lol why not? because by definition it is illogical...

the result of something doesn't change what it is.

you are saying Eye for and Eye helps keep society in line (lets accept that as if it were true)

even if it's true, that doesn't make an Illogical stance suddenly Logical.

for example Robin Hood, He stole from the rich and gave to the power, lets assume he was "helping" society by doing so....does that mean he was no longer a thief?

OF COURSE NOT....He's still a Thief...just because you agree with his morals and what he's doing doesn't CHANGE what he's doing.
    [/quote]whos to say whats logical and whats not?

[/quote]

The definition of the word Logic (Logical) decides that, it's not up to you or me or anyone else.
    [/quote]exactly so saying something is logical or not is just another opinion.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

i'd say the bleeding heart goes out the window when ur for death
    [/quote]

I wouldn't say that.

your heart bleeds on many many social issues, just because there is one it does not bleed on doesn't make it stop bleeding on the rest.

you form opinions and make decisions based upon your feelings quite often, sometimes that's a good thing but generally, I will disagree with opinions and decisions that are arrived at in that way, because that is just not who I am, I think everything through logically....even if it's the wrong thing to do....ust as you can't help the way you are neither can I help the way I am.
    [/quote]

again u accuse me of being illogical and emotional for saying Casey Anthony should be put to death. You then come back with that all murders should be classified the same way. Whose illogical? We don't do that now, so why would we start if we would implement the death penalty

refusing to see the difference betwene Dr K and CA isn't logical, you just try to pretend it is

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

really? Because i think if somebody like Casey Anthony had been found guilty that she should be killed? I think im very logical. Eye for an eye.
    [/quote]

It's illogical to try a base a punishment system on "how" guilty someone is or on "How" disgusting the crime they committed was....

it's a subjective scale...you can't structure a punishment system around something like that.

either you are guilty of ______ or you are Innocent of ____

if you are guilty of _____ then the punishment is determined by what the law states are acceptable punishments for ______.

you can not logically think that one person deserves a harsher punishment then any other person just because "you think she deserves it" and remain in the reasonable/logical world.

if you want to say a murderer deserves the death penalty because they took a life...that's a perfectly logical thought.

but to say people like "Casey Anthony" deserve the death penalty automatically makes the comment/thought emotional.

(And you can substitute the name Casey Anthony with ANY name including Osama if you want and it's still illogical)
    [/quote]

okay great. So we are on the same page. I think NY/NJ should impose the death penalty.

Why the **** should we as tax payer pay to keep people like that alive and living? ****in get rid of em. I'll pay the PSE&amp;G bill with pleasure.
    [/quote]iv never seen this side of you, its sexy.
    [/quote]</p>

Actually the death penalty is much more expensive to the tax payers then a life sentence.</p>

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42</p>[/quote]bring em to me, ill do it for cheap.

thats why we should bring back the firing squad. oh no but thats not humane.
    [/quote]

u mean we may use our courts for things other than steroid cases? Was that suppose to sway me?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]lol why not. it helps keeps society in order for the most part
    [/quote]

LOL see there it is again, I don't understand this thought process...and I'm intrigued.

lol why not? because by definition it is illogical...

the result of something doesn't change what it is.

you are saying Eye for and Eye helps keep society in line (lets accept that as if it were true)

even if it's true, that doesn't make an Illogical stance suddenly Logical.

for example Robin Hood, He stole from the rich and gave to the power, lets assume he was "helping" society by doing so....does that mean he was no longer a thief?

OF COURSE NOT....He's still a Thief...just because you agree with his morals and what he's doing doesn't CHANGE what he's doing.
    [/quote]well i believe that it has. over time most societies used eye for an eye. and it is telling everyone in society, if youre looking to wrong someone in any way, there will be repercussions. if there werent consequences there would be complete acarchy

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"]exactly so saying something is logical or not is just another opinion.[/quote]

Sure just like Gravity is an opinion.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]exactly so saying something is logical or not is just another opinion.[/quote]

Sure just like Gravity is an opinion.
    [/quote]youre not getting me. anyone can say anythings logical. it doesnt make it so.