Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</P>

landon i sent you a pm....</P>

[/quote]

yea and Daven was talking to 4 other teams about trading him

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<FONT color=#0000ff>But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</FONT>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]
    Don't worry LT. It's early in the year. It will all simmer down in a few weeks.

That point that I highlighted you are exactly right. It never should have happened and hopefully won't happen again. Shariff hates Vick as much as the rest of us but he won't trade him in spite.

Partly it's Davens fault for saying "I just want to get rid of them and don't care". Whether he did it for that reason or not he never should have admitted it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and compromised the integrity of the league.

Here is a thought, how about be there when you draft your team so the computer doens't do it for you.
    [/quote]</P>

A novel idea. We all paid for his failure to do so.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</P>

landon i sent you a pm....</P>[/quote]

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<FONT color=#0000ff>But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</FONT>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]

That point that I highlighted you are exactly right. It never should have happened and hopefully won't happen again. Shariff hates Vick as much as the rest of us but he won't trade him in spite.

Partly it's Davens fault for saying "I just want to get rid of them and don't care". Whether he did it for that reason or not he never should have admitted it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and compromised the integrity of the league.

Here is a thought, how about be there when you draft your team so the computer doens't do it for you.
    [/quote]LT?..lol you ready for delivery?..air mail

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]BTW, its not on you. Its not your fault, but <font color="#0000ff">we know that in a legit league no player would have made that trade and if they did</font>, other players would not play in that league the next year.[/quote]
    100 % agree...
    [/quote]

your such a hypocrit with the murderous trades you've gotten away with the past two season...
    [/quote]
    Prove it...I barely made any trades last year and the trade you are speaking of with VJack and CJ2K I didn't even win the league that year so it didn't matter anyway. It's all good pimp. I am not hating the player, just the game. Daven should not have been so public about the way he went about it. It's not your fault you got the prize. Austin is out until week 5 or 6 anyway.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Why did we not do bonuses this year for over 100 yards or anything like that?

[/quote]</p>

I like it this way better. Its more fair. A guy with 299 yards has 5 points less than a guy with 300?</p>

Too arbitrary.</p>

</p>

[/quote]
    I just love how Matt changes it without asking anyone....it's awesome. I will just set our league that we have been playing for 2 years to my league settings and everyone will have to like it. lol

I prefer the bonuses...
    [/quote]

(you would prefer it)
    again it was a mistake

and i did ask everybody to check and its taking you until week 2 to notice. So its part your fault as well.

But lets do a vote aon it right now to see who likes what

FOR BONUSES:
    Lando

NOT FOR BONUSES:

Me, Pappy, Blondie (u can ask her urself)

[/quote]</p>

thats not all you changed. You changed the yardage for QB from 1 point/25 yards to 1 pt/20 yards. you changed the ints from -2 to -3. You changed the sacks from 1 point to .75. You added an entire bunch of points for yards given up by defense, You completely changed the points allowed points for defense. You changed the requirement that trades be cleared by the other teams. Or at least we be notified beforehand.</p>

You essentially turned it into a military dictatorship, with MMB as Benito Mussilini. </p>

And you look like him too. </p>

</p>[/quote]

honestly i can't believe how different the scoring was. I could of swore it was the same. She modeled it after my other league which is how every other league i play is.

Good thing is that it balances out with the bonuses and giving an extra point for every 100 yards pretty much.

False on the trade requirements nad even Lando says your wrong with that

Defensively i introduced my defensive scoring system when i did it and everybody liked it. That was the main reason I told her to model it because everybody liked it. But it all works out to be the same anyway. Point totals aren't different in the grand scheme. The reason for brinigng sacks down to .75 is because it would of threw the balance of scoring off.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</p>

landon i sent you a pm....</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I offered Phil Rivers. For Miles Austin and Romo as I remember. I asked for Peterson only after he said that Austin was off limits. I guess he wasn't off limits after all.</p>[/quote]

That's not how it went down morehead.

you offered people, I changed it a bit and OFFERED AUSTIN MILES....you then said "that's not the guy i was talking about" which meant you were obviously after Peterson...who WAS off limits... Austin was never off-limits to anyone.

And by the way I'm still happy with the trade, I still have 2 WR's for one Miles for Brandon Marshall and Boldin...

That was the trade in my opinion, Romo was never going to be used ever (and now has broken ribs :P)

I offered him up multiple times on the forums and individually to multiple teams...

[quote user="Morehead State"]

For whoever is going to the Buffalo game. My buddy just called me about 4 tickets he has for face value in the upper deck. The total is approx. 531 for 4 tickets.</p>

Is anyone interested?</p>

Need to know pretty soon. Maybe a day or so.</p>[/quote]

thought we were all going to try and sit together

[quote user="Morehead State"]

For whoever is going to the Buffalo game. My buddy just called me about 4 tickets he has for face value in the upper deck. The total is approx. 531 for 4 tickets.</p>

Is anyone interested?</p>

Need to know pretty soon. Maybe a day or so.</p>[/quote]

thought we were all going to try and sit together

btw, I love reading your league drama =]
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="byron"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</p>

landon i sent you a pm....</p>[/quote]

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<font color="#0000ff">But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</font>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]

[/quote]LT?..lol you ready for delivery?..air mail[/quote]
    LMAO, sorry B. I saw the girl in the avatar and thought it was LT. I forgot he didn't have his avatar back yet. Same message applies though...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

landon i sent you a pm....</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I offered Phil Rivers. For Miles Austin and Romo as I remember. I asked for Peterson only after he said that Austin was off limits. I guess he wasn't off limits after all.</P>

[/quote]

That's not how it went down morehead.

you offered people, I changed it a bit and OFFERED AUSTIN MILES....you then said "that's not the guy i was talking about" which meant you were obviously after Peterson...who WAS off limits... Austin was never off-limits to anyone.
    [/quote]</P>

I was looking for the convo. Where did we discuss it? </P>

I know one thing, I offered a better deal than you got. I admit I can't remember exactly what we discussed, but you gave up the farm to get rid of a guy you didn't want to start because he was a Cowboy. And I definately offered Rivers.</P>

You gave up the three best players in that trade. Made no sense.</P>
    Get well soon 80.