Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was looking for the convo. Where did we discuss it? </P>

I know one thing, I offered a better deal than you got. I admit I can't remember exactly what we discussed, but you gave up the farm to get rid of a guy you didn't want to start because he was a Cowboy. And I definately offered Rivers.</P>

You gave up the three best players in that trade. Made no sense.</P>

[/quote]

Convo happened on facebook...and you offered me absolute crap, no offense but you did...and you asked for peterson...Matt DID have the best offer...that's why I took it.
    [/quote]</P>

As I remember I asked for Austin and you wanted one of my two top WR's instead. I said at that point it would have to include Peterson.</P>

But the original offer was Rivers and any other WR for Romo and Austin. Thats how I remember it at least.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Why did we not do bonuses this year for over 100 yards or anything like that?

[/quote]</p>

I like it this way better. Its more fair. A guy with 299 yards has 5 points less than a guy with 300?</p>

Too arbitrary.</p>

</p>

[/quote]
    I just love how Matt changes it without asking anyone....it's awesome. I will just set our league that we have been playing for 2 years to my league settings and everyone will have to like it. lol

I prefer the bonuses...
    [/quote]

(you would prefer it)
    again it was a mistake

and i did ask everybody to check and its taking you until week 2 to notice. So its part your fault as well.

But lets do a vote aon it right now to see who likes what

FOR BONUSES:
    Lando

NOT FOR BONUSES:

Me, Pappy, Blondie (u can ask her urself)

[/quote]</p>

thats not all you changed. You changed the yardage for QB from 1 point/25 yards to 1 pt/20 yards. you changed the ints from -2 to -3. You changed the sacks from 1 point to .75. You added an entire bunch of points for yards given up by defense, You completely changed the points allowed points for defense. You changed the requirement that trades be cleared by the other teams. Or at least we be notified beforehand.</p>

You essentially turned it into a military dictatorship, with MMB as Benito Mussilini. </p>

And you look like him too. </p>

</p>[/quote]

honestly i can't believe how different the scoring was. I could of swore it was the same. She modeled it after my other league which is how every other league i play is.

Good thing is that it balances out with the bonuses and giving an extra point for every 100 yards pretty much.

False on the trade requirements nad even Lando says your wrong with that

Defensively i introduced my defensive scoring system when i did it and everybody liked it. That was the main reason I told her to model it because everybody liked it. But it all works out to be the same anyway. Point totals aren't different in the grand scheme. The reason for brinigng sacks down to .75 is because it would of threw the balance of scoring off.
    [/quote]
    The point we are trying to make Matt is that nothing should have been changed. We had been doing the league for 2 years that way. You had no right to choose what you wanted...Not like we can change it now but you had no right honestly. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This league was fine.
    [/quote]

again i apologized for the the bonuses and QB points. I totally didn't "choose". I didn't think that was our scoring system hence why I told her just to base it off the othe rleague i created cuz I thought offensively it was the same

The point difference from QBs makes up for the bonuses so that at least pushes.

And again it doesn't look like bonuses would of gotten voted in. I always say everything should be coted on. Only time i didn't was for trading draft picks, which i still think shouldn't be because thats just ******ed to not allow that.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</p>

landon i sent you a pm....</p>[/quote]

yea and Daven was talking to 4 other teams about trading him

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<font color="#0000ff">But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</font>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]
    Don't worry LT. It's early in the year. It will all simmer down in a few weeks.

That point that I highlighted you are exactly right. It never should have happened and hopefully won't happen again. Shariff hates Vick as much as the rest of us but he won't trade him in spite.

Partly it's Davens fault for saying "I just want to get rid of them and don't care". Whether he did it for that reason or not he never should have admitted it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and compromised the integrity of the league.

Here is a thought, how about be there when you draft your team so the computer doens't do it for you.
    [/quote]

but then again, had Pappy gotten him or someone else this wouldn't of been THAT big of an issue right?

of courrrrrrrrse because i am public enemy number one (which i do LOOOVE) u guys cry. But when Lando was ripping people off for the past two years - not a peep about it
    [/quote]
    Dude, please prove where I ripped people off or stop trashing my name. You don't even remember the trade or anything that happened. lol

If Pappy would have got him the trade would have been fair. No one would have been crying about it. Daven gave up more and got back less to simply get rid of Romo and Austin. He stated it. He comprised 11 other teams because he hates the Cowboys. I am not mad at you Matt and neither is MH. Anyone could have taken him to the cleaners, it happened to be you. You went from Freeman, Marshall and CJ to Romo, Austin and CJ. You should be thanking him for saving your season. Why you are playing Plax I have no idea. lol

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"]Heading out to lunch, on the topic of the scoring, it's each players responsibility to check what they are before the league starts...it's clearly listed and if it's different it should have been brought up before the season started.

bonuses or not makes no difference to me....but I'll vote to keep em the way they are now cause we are already 2 weeks in.
    [/quote]I don't have a problem with them the way they are...When they transfer the league we were told that the settings would be changed to our league settings ...just saying

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</p>

landon i sent you a pm....</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I offered Phil Rivers. For Miles Austin and Romo as I remember. I asked for Peterson only after he said that Austin was off limits. I guess he wasn't off limits after all.</p>

[/quote]

That's not how it went down morehead.

you offered people, I changed it a bit and OFFERED AUSTIN MILES....you then said "that's not the guy i was talking about" which meant you were obviously after Peterson...who WAS off limits... Austin was never off-limits to anyone.

And by the way I'm still happy with the trade, I still have 2 WR's for one Miles for Brandon Marshall and Boldin...

That was the trade in my opinion, Romo was never going to be used ever (and now has broken ribs :P)

I offered him up multiple times on the forums and individually to multiple teams...

[/quote]</p>

You could have had Rivers and you ended up with Cutler. Most importantly you tilted the balance of power towards Matt. You made his team near invincible with no major injuries. Even a marginal player like Matt can win with that team. For God's sake, he drafted a QB with nerve damage and picked up a retired WR in free agency.</p>

Last year he drafted a WR who was holding out and was facing a 4 game suspension when he came back.</p>

Well maybe the balance of power isn't so tilted after all. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!</p>[/quote]

And im still in first by a ton

go cry pappy. Good thing ur money is in, would have to worry about u welching at this point with al lthe lying u've been doin today.

Rivers isn't an upgrade over Romo at all if your giving up Peterson for Vjack

[quote user="byron"][quote user="DavenIII"]
    <UL class=commentList>
    <LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2344876 ufiItem ufiItem">
    <DIV class="UIImageBlock clearfix uiUfiActorBlock">
    <DIV class="commentContent UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_SMALL_Content" data-ft='{"type":33}'>Mike Fradkin <SPAN class=commentBody data-jsid="text">Rivers and Jackson for Romo and Austin works for me, does it work for you?</SPAN>
    <DIV class="commentActions fsm fwn fcg"><ABBR title="Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 2:34pm" data-date="Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:34:09 -0700">September 6 at 2:34pm</ABBR> <SPAN class="comment_like_2344876 fsm fwn fcg" data-ft='{"type":36}'><BUTTON class="stat_elem as_link cmnt_like_link" title="Like this comment" name=like_comment_id[2344876] type=submit value="2344876"><SPAN class=default_message>Like</SPAN></BUTTON></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2344904 ufiItem ufiItem">
    <DIV class="commentContent UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_SMALL_Content" data-ft='{"type":33}'>Chris Cazalet <SPAN class=commentBody data-jsid="text">Jackson is slightly better than Austin. Or at least the same. Thats the wrong "you know who".</SPAN>
    <DIV class="commentActions fsm fwn fcg"><ABBR title="Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 2:39pm" data-date="Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:39:06 -0700">September 6 at 2:39pm</ABBR> <SPAN class="comment_like_2344904 fsm fwn fcg" data-ft='{"type":36}'><BUTTON class="stat_elem as_link cmnt_like_link" title="Like this comment" name=like_comment_id[2344904] type=submit value="2344904"><SPAN class=default_message>Like</SPAN></BUTTON></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2344947 ufiItem ufiItem">
    <DIV class="UIImageBlock clearfix uiUfiActorBlock"><LABEL class="deleteAction stat_elem UIImageBlock_Ext uiCloseButton" for=u818015_27></LABEL>
    <DIV class="commentContent UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_SMALL_Content" data-ft='{"type":33}'>Mike Fradkin <SPAN class=commentBody data-jsid="text">Oh you are going for Peterson, that's not happening...sorry, especially not before week 1 has even happened.</SPAN>
    <DIV class="commentActions fsm fwn fcg"><ABBR title="Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 2:46pm" data-date="Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:46:50 -0700">September 6 at 2:46pm</ABBR> <SPAN class="comment_like_2344947 fsm fwn fcg" data-ft='{"type":36}'><BUTTON class="stat_elem as_link cmnt_like_link" title="Like this comment" name=like_comment_id[2344947] type=submit value="2344947"><SPAN class=default_message>Like</SPAN></BUTTON></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2345004 ufiItem ufiItem">
    <DIV class="commentContent UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_SMALL_Content" data-ft='{"type":33}'>Chris Cazalet <SPAN class=commentBody data-jsid="text">Well I still love ya kid.</SPAN></DIV></DIV></LI>[/list]

So Yeah I was all about giving you Miles and Romo for Rivers and Jackson....then you told me you wanted peterson.
    [/quote] lol...I don't why but this post reminded me of this...I did not have sexual relations with that women[/quote]</P>

As I said, it was going to be Romo nd Austin for Rivers and any other WR than VJax and Stevie. When you wanted one of the top 2, I needed Peterson.</P>

I would have been stupid to trade VJax and Rivers for Romo and Austin.</P>

</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was looking for the convo. Where did we discuss it? </p>

I know one thing, I offered a better deal than you got. I admit I can't remember exactly what we discussed, but you gave up the farm to get rid of a guy you didn't want to start because he was a Cowboy. And I definately offered Rivers.</p>

You gave up the three best players in that trade. Made no sense.</p>

[/quote]

Convo happened on facebook...and you offered me absolute crap, no offense but you did...and you asked for peterson...Matt DID have the best offer...that's why I took it.
    [/quote]</p>

As I remember I asked for Austin and you wanted one of my two top WR's instead. I said at that point it would have to include Peterson.</p>

But the original offer was Rivers and any other WR for Romo and Austin. Thats how I remember it at least.</p>[/quote]

as u remember is flawed. Its screen shotted the conversation so your obviously just talking out of your ***

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</P>

landon i sent you a pm....</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I offered Phil Rivers. For Miles Austin and Romo as I remember. I asked for Peterson only after he said that Austin was off limits. I guess he wasn't off limits after all.</P>

[/quote]

That's not how it went down morehead.

you offered people, I changed it a bit and OFFERED AUSTIN MILES....you then said "that's not the guy i was talking about" which meant you were obviously after Peterson...who WAS off limits... Austin was never off-limits to anyone.

And by the way I'm still happy with the trade, I still have 2 WR's for one Miles for Brandon Marshall and Boldin...

That was the trade in my opinion, Romo was never going to be used ever (and now has broken ribs :P)

I offered him up multiple times on the forums and individually to multiple teams...

[/quote]</P>

You could have had Rivers and you ended up with Cutler. Most importantly you tilted the balance of power towards Matt. You made his team near invincible with no major injuries. Even a marginal player like Matt can win with that team. For God's sake, he drafted a QB with nerve damage and picked up a retired WR in free agency.</P>

Last year he drafted a WR who was holding out and was facing a 4 game suspension when he came back.</P>

Well maybe the balance of power isn't so tilted after all. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!</P>

[/quote]

And im still in first by a ton

go cry pappy. Good thing ur money is in, would have to worry about u welching at this point with al lthe lying u've been doin today.

Rivers isn't an upgrade over Romo at all if your giving up Peterson for Vjack
    [/quote]</P>

be careful with the personal insults Matt. I'm getting friggin sick and tired of it.</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]BTW, its not on you. Its not your fault, but <font color="#0000ff">we know that in a legit league no player would have made that trade and if they did</font>, other players would not play in that league the next year.[/quote]
    100 % agree...
    [/quote]

your such a hypocrit with the murderous trades you've gotten away with the past two season...
    [/quote]
    Prove it...I barely made any trades last year and the trade you are speaking of with VJack and CJ2K I didn't even win the league that year so it didn't matter anyway. It's all good pimp. I am not hating the player, just the game. Daven should not have been so public about the way he went about it. It's not your fault you got the prize. Austin is out until week 5 or 6 anyway.
    [/quote]

why would i need to prove it when u just said which it was lol
    [/quote]
    You been *****ing about it for years. How could I forget? I just remember those two. You don't remember the details and neither do I so unless you can there is no reason to keep bringing it up. I don't even think I made a trade last year so you are talking out of your *** but keep it up Dr.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

landon i sent you a pm....</p>[/quote]

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<font color="#0000ff">But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</font>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]
    Don't worry LT. It's early in the year. It will all simmer down in a few weeks.

That point that I highlighted you are exactly right. It never should have happened and hopefully won't happen again. Shariff hates Vick as much as the rest of us but he won't trade him in spite.

Partly it's Davens fault for saying "I just want to get rid of them and don't care". Whether he did it for that reason or not he never should have admitted it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and compromised the integrity of the league.

Here is a thought, how about be there when you draft your team so the computer doens't do it for you.
    [/quote]

but then again, had Pappy gotten him or someone else this wouldn't of been THAT big of an issue right?

of courrrrrrrrse because i am public enemy number one (which i do LOOOVE) u guys cry. But when Lando was ripping people off for the past two years - not a peep about it
    [/quote]
    Dude, please prove where I ripped people off or stop trashing my name. You don't even remember the trade or anything that happened. lol

If Pappy would have got him the trade would have been fair. No one would have been crying about it. Daven gave up more and got back less to simply get rid of Romo and Austin. He stated it. He comprised 11 other teams because he hates the Cowboys. I am not mad at you Matt and neither is MH. Anyone could have taken him to the cleaners, it happened to be you. You went from Freeman, Marshall and CJ to Romo, Austin and CJ. You should be thanking him for saving your season. Why you are playing Plax I have no idea. lol
    [/quote]

He was looking to get more value at WR for QB. Somehow u guys think giving up the best running back in the game to upgrade the QB position.

The #1 overall pick, he already felt like he could go with Kolb.

That would of been Pappy ripping Daven off for the first overall pick - but everybody would of been fine with that. Your nuts