Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I don't want to keep this going or start any trouble did the whole leauge know of the trade meaning did Daven tell everyone his intent...(post on the leauge board)...if he did then there should not be any gripes....on that count ....On whether it was a fair trade or not we gave Amanda full power on trades again should beno gripes.....</P>

landon i sent you a pm....</P>

[/quote]

yea and Daven was talking to 4 other teams about trading him

[/quote]Wellthe leauge may be ,or becoming a little to competive for my taste I play for fun...the questions on tradesand arugments is wearing thin with me ...While Idon't care about themoneyor winning it I do want things done on the up and up...And I'm not saying theyaren't ...<FONT color=#0000ff>But trading away players because you just don't like themis something i didn't figure would happen in this leauge</FONT>....Again whatever I say no more on these matters....you and me ..next week !!![/quote]
    Don't worry LT. It's early in the year. It will all simmer down in a few weeks.

That point that I highlighted you are exactly right. It never should have happened and hopefully won't happen again. Shariff hates Vick as much as the rest of us but he won't trade him in spite.

Partly it's Davens fault for saying "I just want to get rid of them and don't care". Whether he did it for that reason or not he never should have admitted it. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and compromised the integrity of the league.

Here is a thought, how about be there when you draft your team so the computer doens't do it for you.
    [/quote]

but then again, had Pappy gotten him or someone else this wouldn't of been THAT big of an issue right?

of courrrrrrrrse because i am public enemy number one (which i do LOOOVE) u guys cry. But when Lando was ripping people off for the past two years - not a peep about it
    [/quote]
    Dude, please prove where I ripped people off or stop trashing my name. You don't even remember the trade or anything that happened. lol

If Pappy would have got him the trade would have been fair. No one would have been crying about it. Daven gave up more and got back less to simply get rid of Romo and Austin. He stated it. He comprised 11 other teams because he hates the Cowboys. I am not mad at you Matt and neither is MH. Anyone could have taken him to the cleaners, it happened to be you. <FONT size=4>You went from Freeman, Marshall and CJ to Romo, Austin and CJ.</FONT> You should be thanking him for saving your season. Why you are playing Plax I have no idea. lol
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

TBH I dunno what is sooooo wrong with this trade...Daven and I have traded a lot in this League and everybody jumped on me and him in '09 when I traded for Dallas Clark and gave up D.Bowe...it worked out well for me as I won the FF Title that season...I have seen A LOT more lopsided trades this this one in this league....Brandon Marshall is an elite receiver....I guess so is Austin but I think Dez Bryant is THEE MAN there now....and Romo is injury-prone and Kolb is solid too....I dunno what is so awful bout this trade....now some of the offers Matt was sending me over Facebook....those were hilarious....CHester Taylor ( lmao, I wasn't even sure he was in the NFL anymore )</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was told that the Daven trade was a done deal when I was told about it.</P>

Could I have protested it at the time?</P>

[/quote]

and again, not becuase the commish didn't bring it to the vote.

THATS what the vote was about last year.
    [/quote]</P>

Even Daven just said he thought we could still protest. But if it was changed last year and we voted on it that fine too.</P>

I don't think its known at all what the policy is. Maybe someone can fill me in.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was told that the Daven trade was a done deal when I was told about it.</p>

Could I have protested it at the time?</p>

[/quote] Why would you ever be able to protest a trade[/quote]</p>

Honestly Lawl, I'm still new to FF. This is my third year. We have had a few trades that were protested over the past 2 years. If players think it hugely unbalanced some have protested on this thread. Maybe its because we have this thread.</p>

The only real reason to protest is if someone is intentionally dumping players to help someone else. In Daven's case, he stated that because Romo plays for the Cowboys he would only start him on Kolb's bye week, so he was willing to hurt his team to get rid of him. Unfortunately, it helped Matt's team and compromised the league. Thats davens fault and there isn't really much we can do except complain about it.</p>[/quote]

and after the last drama we had last year, we had a vote about what was rejectable and what wasn't

In which u were all fore giving blondie the power and not vetoing something unless someone ewas cheating
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was told that the Daven trade was a done deal when I was told about it.</p>

Could I have protested it at the time?</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Even Daven just said he thought we could still protest. But if it was changed last year and we voted on it that fine too.</p>

I don't think its known at all what the policy is. Maybe someone can fill me in.</p>

</p>[/quote]

blondie has full power and only if a rookie is being worked or if somebody is thought to be cheating is it rejectable im out for rela though, talk wed

Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]. Thats davens fault and there isn't really much we can do except complain about it.[/quote]

There was plenty everyone could do about it.

Supply and Demand.

If anyone wanted Romo and Miles.....If you all thought they were so great you could have offered a (in your opinion) better trade.

but you (collectively as in the ENTIRE LEAGUE) choose not to.

you can't complain about this trade because I let everyone know that I wanted to get rid of them...you are complaining that Matt's team is too strong now? well why didn't you offer better then morehead?

play that out, if you offered better but someone else thought it was still to little they could have offered more.

it was an auction, at auctions things (players) go for a large range...this time it went a little low...but it went low because there wasn't enough interest in the product (romo and davis) that's not MY fault.

In my opinion I'm the only "victim" in this whole thing, noone was willing to pony up a fair trade so I was FORCED to accept a bad one.....at least I choose the best bad one I could find.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I was told that the Daven trade was a done deal when I was told about it.</P>

Could I have protested it at the time?</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Even Daven just said he thought we could still protest. But if it was changed last year and we voted on it that fine too.</P>

I don't think its known at all what the policy is. Maybe someone can fill me in.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

blondie has full power and only if a rookie is being worked or if somebody is thought to be cheating is it rejectable im out for rela though, talk wed

[/quote]</P>

Are we able to protest it for her to consider?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Even Daven just said he thought we could still protest. But if it was changed last year and we voted on it that fine too.</p>

I don't think its known at all what the policy is. Maybe someone can fill me in.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yahoo itself generally has a "protest" button, when a trade is proposed generally everyone in the league see's it and has the ability to protest...so there was probably a time period you could protest it, I think when you found out about it you still could...but about 30min-1 hour after that it was done.

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

</P>[/quote]

Yahoo itself generally has a "protest" button, when a trade is proposed generally everyone in the league see's it and has the ability to protest...so there was probably a time period you could protest it, I think when you found out about it you still could...but about 30min-1 hour after that it was done.
    [/quote]I don't think the protest button works ..just saying...its been disabled I think...no sure tho

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]. Thats davens fault and there isn't really much we can do except complain about it.[/quote]

There was plenty everyone could do about it.

Supply and Demand.

If anyone wanted Romo and Miles.....If you all thought they were so great you could have offered a (in your opinion) better trade.

but you (collectively as in the ENTIRE LEAGUE) choose not to.

you can't complain about this trade because I let everyone know that I wanted to get rid of them...you are complaining that Matt's team is too strong now? well why didn't you offer better then morehead?

play that out, if you offered better but someone else thought it was still to little they could have offered more.

it was an auction, at auctions things (players) go for a large range...this time it went a little low...but it went low because there wasn't enough interest in the product (romo and davis) that's not MY fault.

In my opinion I'm the only "victim" in this whole thing, noone was willing to pony up a fair trade so I was FORCED to accept a bad one.....at least I choose the best bad one I could find.
    [/quote]</P>

You weren't trading them to make your team better. You were trading them because you said that you refused to start Romo except for the bye week.</P>

I'm sure you were trying to make the best deal given that criteria, but your team was going to be worse...on purpose. Thats a little shady. Someone's team was going to get better because of it and that creates an unfair advantage.</P>

Matt had a QB with nerve damage and a couple of #2 WR's along with a FF backup QB in Cutler. he got back a top 5 QB, a top 5 WR and a #2 WR in Moss.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="shocknaweny"]LT trade offered....[/quote]hopefully its fair.. they are on the verge of blowing up as it is lol hi SnA[/quote]</P>

</P>

Hey Bandy....Jays collapse again....I'm soooo frustrated...</P>

It's Deion Branch for Dexter McCluster ( charles torn ACL done for the season )</P>