[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="ny06"]

Morehead. </P>

Come in and have a discussion.</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2252262.aspx</P>

[/quote]You're mean..[/quote]</P>

You're Canadian. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

Morehead. </p>

Come in and have a discussion.</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2252262.aspx</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'll stay away from your hate fest.</p>

[/quote]

you love hating on Eli though.
    [/quote]he can dish it out but cant take it
    <font size="6">THIN SKIN</font>
    [/quote]</p>

<u>What is it you would like me to say?</u> My team is playing at its lowest level in decades.</p>

We have 2 major league quality starters. Or BP is over exyended as a product. We are hitting when we're up by 8 runs but can't get a base hit when we're close.</p>

Its a dark time for Sox fans. This team reminds me of the Giants at the end of 09. I'm not sure if there is a team we can beat. And quite honestly, I'm not sure that my football team is in much of a better place.</p>

But you may have noticed that when the Yanks got beat by Texas last season, I didn't make a single post about it.<u> I like to talk smack, but I never kick a guy when he's down. I can't go out and play for them. But thats just me.</u></p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]it doesnt matter cause you wont answer anyway. lol i asked you yesterday, are you rooting for the yankees

stop with the dramatics, were breaking balls.

vicks listed as probable for sunday

so, all homerism, and hating aside, do you guys think Granderson is the favorite for AL mvp?

The person I think would give him a run for his money is Verlander. Verlander, despite in my opinion being the unanimous decision for Cy Young, is the sole reason the Tigers are where they are. Hard to argue really.

I could say the same thing about Granderson, which is why I brought that up.

His power numbers despite batting 2nd in the lineup, AND Jeter having a terrible first half....I mean it's pretty incredible. Tex had a somewhat slower year, and A-Rod spent alot of time on the DL...
    Cano, while his average is great, didn't have his 2010 production.
    Granderson leads the best team in the AL in EVERY batting statistic except average. (Idk if you consider SBs batting stats, but even tho Gardner has more, 24 SBs is a good number for a guy with 41 HRs lol)

Thoughts?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

so, all homerism, and hating aside, do you guys think Granderson is the favorite for AL mvp?

The person I think would give him a run for his money is Verlander. Verlander, despite in my opinion being the unanimous decision for Cy Young, is the sole reason the Tigers are where they are. Hard to argue really.

His power numbers despite batting 2nd in the lineup, AND Jeter having a terrible first half....I mean it's pretty incredible. Tex had a somewhat slower year, and A-Rod spent alot of time on the DL...
    Granderson leads the best team in the AL in EVERY batting statistic except average. (Idk if you consider SBs batting stats, but even tho Gardner has more, 24 SBs is a good number for a guy with 41 HRs lol)

Thoughts?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I had this discussion with a friend of mine at work. </P>

We both came to an agreement that Granderson <U>deserves</U> the MVP. </P>

He has been consistent all season long, has hit for average and power. </P>

Plays a gold glove centerfield. </P>

Sadly I feel the voters will veer away from Granderson for the reason he plays for a team that has a great lineup. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Thoughts?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I had this discussion with a friend of mine at work. </P>

We both came to an agreement that Granderson <U>deserves</U> the MVP. </P>

He has been consistent all season long, has hit for average and power. </P>

Plays a gold glove centerfield. </P>

Sadly I feel the voters will veer away from Granderson for the reason <FONT color=#0000ff>he plays for a team that has a great lineup. </FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

yes, but the team would not be in the position they are without him....
    we've had teams around our MVPs before. A-Rod won 2 of them here.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

<u>I could say the same thing about Granderson, which is why I brought that up.</u>

Thoughts?</p>[/quote]homerism aside, i truly think granderson IS why we are in first. he literally dragged this team by the ear in late may and june when nobody was hitting and starting pitching was trying to find its groove. knocked in 3 more runs last night. first cf since mantle to have over a 100 runs and 100 rbis in a season. his average is a bit low but its misleading. and him and gardner both deserve gold gloves.
    i dont think starting pitchers should win mvps. verlanders the truth but i think mvps should be for everyday players.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

Morehead. </P>

Come in and have a discussion.</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2252262.aspx</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'll stay away from your hate fest.</P>

[/quote]

<FONT size=6>THIN SKIN</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

<U>What is it you would like me to say?</U> My team is playing at its lowest level in decades.</P>

We have 2 major league quality starters. Or BP is over exyended as a product. We are hitting when we're up by 8 runs but can't get a base hit when we're close.</P>

Its a dark time for Sox fans. This team reminds me of the Giants at the end of 09. I'm not sure if there is a team we can beat. And quite honestly, I'm not sure that my football team is in much of a better place.</P>

But you may have noticed that when the Yanks got beat by Texas last season, I didn't make a single post about it.<U> I like to talk smack, but I never kick a guy when he's down. I can't go out and play for them. But thats just me.</U></P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]it doesnt matter cause you wont answer anyway. lol i asked you yesterday, are you rooting for the yankees

[/quote]</P>

I'm rooting for whatever helps my team. So why on earth would I not root for whoever is playing the Rays? Just as you would root for the Sox if the situation was reversed.</P>

Its a dumb question. And I try to stay clear of those.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

<U>I could say the same thing about Granderson, which is why I brought that up.</U>

Thoughts?</P>

[/quote]homerism aside, <U>i truly think granderson IS why we are in first</U>. he literally dragged this team by the ear in late may and june when nobody was hitting and starting pitching was trying to find its groove. knocked in 3 more runs last night. first cf since mantle to have over a 100 runs and 100 rbis in a season. his average is a bit low but its misleading. and him and gardner both deserve gold gloves.
    i dont think starting pitchers should win mvps. <U>verlanders the truth but i think mvps should be for everyday players.

</U>

[/quote]</P>

yea that was basically my point</P>

yea there are very few times where I think an exception is made, but Verlander could make that argument....cuz i dont know anyone else on the Tigers but Miggy. lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

Morehead. </p>

Come in and have a discussion.</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2252262.aspx</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'll stay away from your hate fest.</p>

[/quote]

<font size="6">THIN SKIN</font>
    [/quote]</p>

<u>What is it you would like me to say?</u> My team is playing at its lowest level in decades.</p>

We have 2 major league quality starters. Or BP is over exyended as a product. We are hitting when we're up by 8 runs but can't get a base hit when we're close.</p>

Its a dark time for Sox fans. This team reminds me of the Giants at the end of 09. I'm not sure if there is a team we can beat. And quite honestly, I'm not sure that my football team is in much of a better place.</p>

But you may have noticed that when the Yanks got beat by Texas last season, I didn't make a single post about it.<u> I like to talk smack, but I never kick a guy when he's down. I can't go out and play for them. But thats just me.</u></p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]it doesnt matter cause you wont answer anyway. lol i asked you yesterday, are you rooting for the yankees

[/quote]</p>

I'm rooting for whatever helps my team. So why on earth would I not root for whoever is playing the Rays? Just as you would root for the Sox if the situation was reversed.</p>

Its a dumb question. And I try to stay clear of those.</p>[/quote]MHS ROOTING FOR THE YANKEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome home buddy

stop being a sour puss