Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]and with the 3 rd pic of the 2011 Thee FF Draft, the rookie-LT goes down in flames with Jamal Charles!**Who woulda thought? Amazing that my team actually won*last week-in spite of that.*[/quote]
    Only if you took Rice and MH would have had that problem....
    [/quote]</P>

I still can't believe that both Rice and Rivers dropped into my lap.* If you guys had played it straight I'd have Charles and Romo.</P>

[/quote]
    Yeah, you did well. If I would have taken Rice I would have been 2-0 but that's ok. The CJ2K show is going to start this week. I am very happy with my team as I am sure you are. I knew you would be all over Decker.
    [/quote]</P>

CJ's schedule is favorable, I'd expect him to explode very soon.
    Even though I don't like him at all.....</P>[/quote]

I expect his ACL to explode

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]actually - i would also be concerned about Fullback

Hynoski and Pascoe have NOT looked good at all. They get blown up in the backfield so much that our backs have to cut it up even though there are holes
    [/quote]</p>

You are looking at this in the wrong way. The problems aren't position to position. Its a general decline of a football team.</p>

Lets review.</p>

-<u>We spend years drafting press corners and play that kind of system, then we hire a new DC who plays almost exclusively cover 2. We have a bunch of press corners don't play well in this system. And has anyone noticed how lost KP looks in this system? He's constantly late to pick up WR's released by the corners.</u></p>

-We have a stubborn HC and OC who refuse to change our system in any way. We have some talented young players on offense who may not be ready to play every play, but have unique athletic talent to contribute in specific packages. What does our OC do? Sits them on the bench until everyone else ahead of them on the depth chart gets hurt.</p>

-We have a QB who has been in the league for 8 years and still makes head scratching rookie mistakes. Thats on both the player and the coaching staff. He's not athletic so he MUST excel in other aspects of the position. he must place a higher priority on ball protection.</p>

-We lack speed on this team. Our team is slow on both sides of the ball and as I said the fastest guys are languishing on the bench.</p>

-Our competitors in our division are innovative. We are stuck in the past and have shown no impulse to change.</p>

- We are possibly in the midst of a lost season. Our entire staff will probably be fired at season's end and we might have to completely rebuild with a new coach. That should have happened after the 09 season.</p>

- Our road uniforms are God awful and are an embarrassment to the league.</p>

And don't get me going on the Sox.</p>

Morehead is dark....very dark.</p>[/quote]everyone knows how i feel about the secondary by now, but i like to add not only did we draft high presscorners but linemen who excel in attacking the qb, they feed off eachother in this system, imo anyway. when a qb is being blitzed or has less then 4-5 to pass the ball and sees a wr is being pressed and has a man on him, chances are high hell look elsewhere, and when the qb sees the other wr is also in man, CRUNCH! sacked or pressured. thats why spags system is so effective, thats why rex ryans system is so effective. espn said ryans corners play man 95% of the time! granted he runs a 3-4 but we can get just as much pressure in our 4-3.
    and kenny..........has been a ghost, i thought fewell said he was holding him back last year? disappointing to say the least

id like to see some of rookies contribute also, derell, jj. both speed guys on offense which we lack. we have manningham. thats about it. ab doesnt have that break away speed as good as he is.

i agree with everything else except i think we did try and be innovated when reese hired perry, thinking he was great against the pass, which in the this division, this league, we need. but he was wrong. very wrong. but that doesnt mean we should stop trying.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Morehead speaks the truth, no one likes to hear it...
    [/quote]</P>

You get me Lando. You're the one guy I can count on. You know I love all of God's creatures, large and small.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]and with the 3 rd pic of the 2011 Thee FF Draft, the rookie-LT goes down in flames with Jamal Charles!Who woulda thought? Amazing that my team actually wonlast week-in spite of that.[/quote]
    [/quote]</P>

I still can't believe that both Rice and Rivers dropped into my lap. If you guys had played it straight I'd have Charles and Romo.</P>

[/quote]
    Yeah, you did well. If I would have taken Rice I would have been 2-0 but that's ok. The CJ2K show is going to start this week. I am very happy with my team as I am sure you are. I knew you would be all over Decker.
    [/quote]</P>

Even though I don't like him at all.....</P>

[/quote] I expect his ACL to explode[/quote]</P>

Did he get traded to the Giants?</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]I don't know if you guys realize howour team is teatering right now. This could be a disaster year. It could also turn around but the signs aren't good right now.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'm fully aware, and also fully prepared for the worst....</p>[/quote]
    Seriously right? My expectations are so low this year so hopefully I won't be crushed. This Sunday is going to be brutal....
    [/quote]im holding faith for sunday. i think im in denial though.

Trade offer sent Blondie

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]and with the 3 rd pic of the 2011 Thee FF Draft, the rookie-LT goes down in flames with Jamal Charles!Who woulda thought? Amazing that my team actually wonlast week-in spite of that.[/quote]
    [/quote]</p>

I still can't believe that both Rice and Rivers dropped into my lap. If you guys had played it straight I'd have Charles and Romo.</p>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</p>

Even though I don't like him at all.....</p>

[/quote] I expect his ACL to explode[/quote]</p>

Did he get traded to the Giants?</p>[/quote]

na just that or a hamstring. I dont expect CJ to have abig year

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]I don't know if you guys realize howour team is teatering right now. This could be a disaster year. It could also turn around but the signs aren't good right now.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'm fully aware, and also fully prepared for the worst....</p>[/quote]
    Seriously right? My expectations are so low this year so hopefully I won't be crushed. This Sunday is going to be brutal....
    [/quote]

Once the line gets it together I expect the offense to be another top producing offense. With that, being good against the run, and being able to get to the QB - we should be fine. But we do need a confidence game and in Philly would be a great start

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

I still can't believe that both Rice and Rivers dropped into my lap. If you guys had played it straight I'd have Charles and Romo.</p>

[/quote]
    [/quote]</p>

It was either him or Amendola. I took a shot. Amanda should pick up Karim. CJ should have a nice day at home vs. Denver.</p>

Right now though I'm actually OK with my team. You hit the jackpot with Stafford. If he stays healthy he may be the #2 QB in FF behind Brady. I'd love to have him again.</p>[/quote]
    Yeah, it's really my only regret of the draft. I never would have known how great Stafford was but I could have had Welker instead of Matt Ryan. I just know how important it is to get a good QB.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]I don't know if you guys realize howour team is teatering right now. This could be a disaster year. It could also turn around but the signs aren't good right now.

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm fully aware, and also fully prepared for the worst....</P>

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Once the line gets it together I expect the offense to be another top producing offense. With that, being good against the run, and being able to get to the QB - we should be fine. But we do need a confidence game and in Philly would be a great start
    [/quote]</P>

Define "fine".</P>