Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]and with the 3 rd pic of the 2011 Thee FF Draft, the rookie-LT goes down in flames with Jamal Charles!Who woulda thought? Amazing that my team actually wonlast week-in spite of that.[/quote]
    Only if you took Rice and MH would have had that problem....
    [/quote]</p>

I still can't believe that both Rice and Rivers dropped into my lap. If you guys had played it straight I'd have Charles and Romo.</p>

[/quote]
    Yeah, you did well. If I would have taken Rice I would have been 2-0 but that's ok. The CJ2K show is going to start this week. I am very happy with my team as I am sure you are. I knew you would be all over Decker.
    [/quote]</p>

It was either him or Amendola. I took a shot. Amanda should pick up Karim. CJ should have a nice day at home vs. Denver.</p>

Right now though I'm actually OK with my team. You hit the jackpot with Stafford. If he stays healthy he may be the #2 QB in FF behind Brady. I'd love to have him again.</p>

[/quote]
    Yeah, it's really my only regret of the draft. I never would have known how great Stafford was but I could have had Welker instead of Matt Ryan. I just know how important it is to get a good QB.
    [/quote]</p>

Look at the difference between Matt Cassel and Tom Brady last week. QB in our scoring format is huge. Thats why I was so shocked that Rivers was still there late in the 2nd round. Especially since Peyton was in serious doubt.</p>

I looked at your team just a few minutes ago. It might be the best team out there.</p>[/quote]

ehh but i dunno too many people that would rely on Matt Cassell as a starting QB...

either way, you can say that but look at guys like Newton, Fitz, STafford, Henne that are all up there in points. Plus there are some QBs that have been lacking as well...

I think waiting on a QB was the way to play this year
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I dont expect CJ to have abig year
    [/quote]

sooo i made a move in this league I am in and i am on the fence about it. Curious as to what u guys think

We have to start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 FLex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DE

So my squad that i inherited (i did not draft) was:

QB: Ryan
    RB: McFadden
    RB: Hightower
    WR: Calvin
    WR: Marshall
    WR: Lance Moore/Anthony Armstrong
    TE: Greisham/Chandler/Mercedes
    Flex: Jahvid BEst

i traded Best, Marshall, and Armstrong 4 Benson, Lloyd, and Plax

what do u think?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Titans aren't throwing CJ hard and it may be a while before they do let him work horse, which will prob help his chances of not getting hurt, but will also hurt his numbers
    [/quote]
    I am happy about that. It is hurting his numbers but I was able to survive last week and if I lose this week I'll jump off a cliff. If I can get through the first 6 weeks CJ is really going to pick it up.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I dont expect CJ to have abig year
    [/quote]

[/quote]

i told u that as u were asking and that was my reasoning for telling u to go big with Rice (part of the reason)

dont be mad because your having "buyers remorse"

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Morehead speaks the truth, no one likes to hear it...
    [/quote]</P>

You get me Lando. You're the one guy I can count on. You know I love all of God's creatures, large and small.</P>

[/quote]
    I do MH. It's like people think you hate Eli and hate the Giants. You are very passionate and never really out of line as far as I'm concerned. You do try and get everything into an Eli argument it seems so Matt is right about that but I don't think you have bad intentions. You just want the Eli we all know is deep down inside him. Sometimes you are hard on him though, he is getting used to alot of new WR's, TE's, and the O-Line. It will either get better quick or turn to **** quick. I just don't see how we are going to move the ball and Philly is going to have a field day on our D. Hopefully we can hit Vick early in the 1st quarter and get him a little woozy.
    [/quote]</P>

Honestly, I have less of a problem with Eli then I do with guys who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.</P>

Eli has many positive attributes. He works hard. He's improved him accuracy. He's understands defenses, and he has shown a clutch streak.</P>

But he is also flawed. And some of those flaws are correctable and haven't been corrected after 8 years. I am hugely frustrated by that. And I was actually set of several months ago when a poster said something like "I'm OK with Eli throwing a lot of picks as long as he's throwing a lot of TDs and yards" That was the genesis of my criticism of Eli and fans who believe that. If you look at the one stretch of games that has defined him, the 4 playoff wins, we see that the exact opposite was true. his greatest accomplishment was a product of very ordinary yards and TD totals, but a great record of ball protection. So when a guy says "he's a gunslinger and I'm OK with that" it makes no sense and I am compelled to challenge. His record shows the opposite.</P>

So I think Eli is a good QB. But I am irritated by those who think he's a great QB or a guy on the A train to the HOF. Thats just silliness. So I get irritated by that. And react accordingly.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]I looked at your team just a few minutes ago. It might be the best team out there.[/quote]
    You were lucky to get Phillip. LT took Brees one pick ahead of me so I guess it's a good thing that happened.

I really don't think I have the best team. I think B and Matt ( Thanks to Daven ) have the best teams. I am very happy with my team however and if Beanie keeps it up I will be golden. He is my wildcard. I hate that Felix is garbage but he could pick it up later...Still feel like I had to take him there however.

Your team is really good to MH but your WR's are hurtin...You better hope that Decker kid kills it.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Morehead speaks the truth, no one likes to hear it...
    [/quote]</p>

You get me Lando. You're the one guy I can count on. You know I love all of God's creatures, large and small.</p>

[/quote]
    I do MH. It's like people think you hate Eli and hate the Giants. You are very passionate and never really out of line as far as I'm concerned. You do try and get everything into an Eli argument it seems so Matt is right about that but I don't think you have bad intentions. You just want the Eli we all know is deep down inside him. Sometimes you are hard on him though, he is getting used to alot of new WR's, TE's, and the O-Line. It will either get better quick or turn to **** quick. I just don't see how we are going to move the ball and Philly is going to have a field day on our D. Hopefully we can hit Vick early in the 1st quarter and get him a little woozy.
    [/quote]</p>

Honestly, I have less of a problem with Eli then I do with guys <font size="6">who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.</font></p>

Eli has many positive attributes. He works hard. He's improved him accuracy. He's understands defenses, and he has shown a clutch streak.</p>

But he is also flawed. And some of those flaws are correctable and haven't been corrected after 8 years. I am hugely frustrated by that. And I was actually set of several months ago when a poster said something like "I'm OK with Eli throwing a lot of picks as long as he's throwing a lot of TDs and yards" That was the genesis of my criticism of Eli and fans who believe that. If you look at the one stretch of games that has defined him, the 4 playoff wins, we see that the exact opposite was true. his greatest accomplishment was a product of very ordinary yards and TD totals, but a great record of ball protection. So when a guy says "he's a gunslinger and I'm OK with that" it makes no sense and I am compelled to challenge. His record shows the opposite.</p>

So I think Eli is a good QB. But I am irritated by those who think he's a great QB or a guy on the A train to the HOF. Thats just silliness. So I get irritated by that. And react accordingly.</p>[/quote]

#teamdramatic

[quote user="dezzzR"]I want to see that pissed off losing look on vicks jacksons reids faces. i hate them!!!
    [/quote]
    After 7 games in a row I forgot what that looks like.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]I looked at your team just a few minutes ago. It might be the best team out there.[/quote]
    You were lucky to get Phillip. LT took Brees one pick ahead of me so I guess it's a good thing that happened.

I really don't think I have the best team. I think B and Matt ( Thanks to Daven ) have the best teams. I am very happy with my team however and if Beanie keeps it up I will be golden. He is my wildcard. I hate that Felix is garbage but he could pick it up later...Still feel like I had to take him there however.

Your team is really good to MH but your WR's are hurtin...You better hope that Decker kid kills it.
    [/quote]</P>

Well I have 2, #1 WR's on prolific passing teams in VJax and Stevie. The 3rd spot is a bit more iffy but one of my guys should take off. And I'm hoping for McGahee to completely take over the starting spot in Denver.</P>

But to Matt's point about the QB's. Its important to have a guy who can produce week in and week out. I know Rivers will. Maybe more than any other QB. he should always give me consistently solid numbers.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi