Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

You don't go to the Hall of Fame unless you are one of the top players at your position in your era.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You do realize that that is no longer the case. Although you may not agree, most sports are getting more and more lax with HOF voting it seems. luckily for football, we've had some pretty big names come thru the past few years.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Why can't we just have an honest discussion about our QB? He's a nice player. He needs to work on some things. But he is what he is.</p>

It can't be done here. Its got to be....</p>

"Not only is he not just a good QB.....He's a Hall of Famer!!!!!......The reason he throws into coverage is because........... he's........a gunslinger!!!! ........Yeah thats right....He's a gunslinger!!!!!!! .....Everybody loves a gunslinger!!!!!!!........He's in the same class as Tom Brady!!!!!!!........If you don't think so, you're an Eli hater!!!"</p>

Its nonsense. (BTW, Matt DID say after Eli's comments that he thought that Eli WAS in Tom Brady's class)</p>

</p>

[/quote]

again i said he did have similiar start to his career as brady did, numbers and record wise

its factual - not opinionated

being dramatic typically goes hand in hand with obsession
    [/quote]</p>

Unfortunately this MB makes it tough to go back several weeks. I remember Dez saying that and you certainly might have regurgitated the same things.</p>

What I remember is your saying something like "I think he is" when responding to the conversation about Eli being in Brady's class.</p>

So now you are only saying that "statistically" he is. Is this right? Because if thats right you and I both know thats a silly point.</p>

[/quote]

ur actually frightening at this point

Dezz chimed in after reading the points i made in the thread on TAGF about this debate. A thread where I factually proved that the numbers were eerily similiar.

Thats when Dezz came in here and said wow you would never think those numbers

Get your facts straight old man. Your tilting toward the obsession route again
    [/quote]</p>

eerily similar?</p>

Brady has a win/loss record of 113-32. Brady has a TD to int ratio of 268 to 104. Thats almost 3 to 1.</p>

Eli has a win/loss record of 61-44. His TD to int ratio is 158 to 115 Eli's numbers are solid. Nothing to sneeze at. </p>

Brady's are all time great numbers. He's also an all time great winner. 113 wins and 32 losses. Maybe the greatest winner of all time.</p>

To say that Eli is in this class is "obsessive"</p>

</p>[/quote]go look at the numbers. i asked you at least three times if you thought it was shocking or impressive, and you never responded, so ill ask you again.
    [/quote]

thats because h ttotally ignored it and didn't read it...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

You don't go to the Hall of Fame unless you are one of the top players at your position in your era.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You do realize that that is no longer the case. Although you may not agree, most sports are getting more and more lax with HOF voting it seems. luckily for football, we've had some pretty big names come thru the past few years.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Why can't we just have an honest discussion about our QB? He's a nice player. He needs to work on some things. But he is what he is.</p>

It can't be done here. Its got to be....</p>

"Not only is he not just a good QB.....He's a Hall of Famer!!!!!......The reason he throws into coverage is because........... he's........a gunslinger!!!! ........Yeah thats right....He's a gunslinger!!!!!!! .....Everybody loves a gunslinger!!!!!!!........He's in the same class as Tom Brady!!!!!!!........If you don't think so, you're an Eli hater!!!"</p>

Its nonsense. (BTW, Matt DID say after Eli's comments that he thought that Eli WAS in Tom Brady's class)</p>

</p>

[/quote]

again i said he did have similiar start to his career as brady did, numbers and record wise

its factual - not opinionated

being dramatic typically goes hand in hand with obsession
    [/quote]</p>

Unfortunately this MB makes it tough to go back several weeks. I remember Dez saying that and you certainly might have regurgitated the same things.</p>

What I remember is your saying something like "I think he is" when responding to the conversation about Eli being in Brady's class.</p>

So now you are only saying that "statistically" he is. Is this right? Because if thats right you and I both know thats a silly point.</p>

[/quote]

statistically, record wise, has a ring, and continues to get better

your right, awful points
    [/quote]</p>

Statistically: Not close</p>

Winning recordwise: Not close</p>

Rings: Not close</p>

And has gone from 10 to 14 and last year 25 ints in the past three years.</p>

All your points are proven false.</p>

[/quote]

again reading comprehension old man. Don't jump in the conversation a month later and try and tell me my points are false when u obviously didn't read any of them
    [/quote]</p>

Your specific points.</p>

Stats are "eerily close"</p>

Brady has 268 TD's and 104 picks</p>

Eli has 158 TD's and 115 ints.</p>

NOT CLOSE</p>

</p>

Winning is close</p>

Brady has a winning % over 78. Thats an average of better than 12 wins per season.</p>

Eli is at around 58%. Thats an average slightly better than 9 wins per season</p>

NOT CLOSE</p>

</p>

Rings are similar</p>

Brady has 3</p>

Eli has 1</p>

NOT CLOSE</p>

</p>

Eli is continuing to get better</p>

He has gone from 10, to 14 to 25 ints in each of the last 3 years. And has missed the playoffs in the past 2 years for the first time. He's gotten worse. He's become more reckless. He's added yards but thats because we are losing more. His all time record when throwing for 300 yards in a game is 7-7.</p>

WRONG</p>

</p>

These are YOUR points, not mine.</p>

</p>[/quote]

your honestly so ignorant and dont' read anything at this point that its impossible to "Debate" or talk to you

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Dez and Matt are trying to make the case that Eli is in the same class as Tom Brady and <u>I'm</u> the one who is supposedly obsessed with Eli.</p>

The MB's have gone crazy!!</p>[/quote]

stop pretending like u have any clue what points we're trying to make. You've yet to read anything we say

ur just being obsessive and ignorant...again

Dez and Matt are trying to make the case that Eli is in the same class as Tom Brady and <u>I'm</u> the one who is supposedly obsessed with Eli.</p>

The MB's have gone crazy!!</p>[/quote]noooooo im not. im just shooting down your anti elism gaaabage..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Dez and Matt are trying to make the case that Eli is in the same class as Tom Brady and <U>I'm</U> the one who is supposedly obsessed with Eli.</P>

The MB's have gone crazy!!</P>

[/quote]

stop pretending like u have any clue what points we're trying to make. You've yet to read anything we say

[/quote]</P>

Eli's numbers are "eerily similar" to a Pats QB...............Drew Bledsoe. Essentially he is on pace to match those numbers. If Eli stays healthy.</P>

Bledsoe had a nice career. Eli is on pace to have a nice career.</P>

Brady is in a different world as these guys. </P>

You made 4 very specific points about the relationship between Eli and Brady. I specifically and factually blew them out of the water.</P>

</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

"statistically, record wise, has a ring, and continues to get better

your right, awful points"
    </P>

</P>

Is this what you said or not?</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The MB's have gone crazy!!</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Eli's numbers are "eerily similar" to a Pats QB...............Drew Bledsoe. Essentially he is on pace to match those numbers. If Eli stays healthy.</p>

Bledsoe had a nice career. Eli is on pace to have a nice career.</p>

Brady is in a different world as these guys. </p>

You made 4 very specific points about the relationship between Eli and Brady. I specifically and factually blew them out of the water.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]now you really are being ignorant. you wont even look at the compared numbers through their first 7 years (was it 7 matt?)

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Eli's numbers are "eerily similar" to a Pats QB...............Drew Bledsoe. Essentially he is on pace to match those numbers. If Eli stays healthy.</p>

You made 4 very specific points about the relationship between Eli and Brady. I specifically and factually blew them out of the water.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

again - u missed the KEY point to the EERILY similiar posts. FIRST 7 YEARS IN THE LEAGUE AS A FULL STARTER

That was the point made by me at the time when Eli made these comments nad i even corrected you today with that and you just keep going nuts and not reading.

You've not even referenced any of my argument. I vaguely told you what it ewas and u ignorantly made ur own opposing argument (which is scary) and put those words in my mouth.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]now you really are being ignorant. you wont even look at the compared numbers through their first 7 years (was it 7 matt?)

[/quote]

no he just completely ignores that the point tha tEli is at in his career, is very similiar to what Bradys numbers were at THAT point in his career.

His reading comprehension goes out the window when hes having one of his :"episodes" lets call it. Or "ELIsodes" as I will now dub it

"statistically, record wise, has a ring, and continues to get better

your right, awful points"
    </p>

</p>

Is this what you said or not?</p>

</p>[/quote]

yes it was based off where eli is in his career to where BRady was in his career at that time.