Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

Giants CB Prince Amukamara has begun doing cornerback drills in this week's practices.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">"I don't feel pain at all but right now," Amukamara said, but cautioned that he's still "timid and hesitant, it's pretty awkward right now." The Giants seem to be targeting an early October return for Amukamara. Fill-in starter Aaron Ross was benched during Monday night's game, so Amukamara could have a major role by mid-season. </div>

[/quote]</p>

We all know he's going to pull a hammy or a quad before he has a chance to help us.</p>

[/quote]

the one thing that rings in my head about this is Beatty hjad the same injur ylsat year and he said he wasn't right for the rest of the season because he didn't have the confidence that his foot could hold up. I would have to think, it would be harder for Prince to overcome as well
    [/quote]</p>

The guy had no mini camps, to training camp, no pre season games. No work with the defense..He's obviously not going to be in any kind of shape.</p>

If we try to bring him back without proper preparation he's going to get hurt. It is highly unlikely that Prince will be in a position to help us until much later in the season, and lets face it, our season may very well be over by then.</p>

[/quote]

i think we have enough of a schedule the first half that we could maintain. We need somebody to step up in the secondary and the line to get it together. I think the line will end up being okay, but it really starts this week.

This will really set the tone for us as a team. Win or lose, it is about how we are going to play this week
    [/quote]</p>

We were lucky to beat a team at home with their best offensive player out and a bunch of undrafted free agents running pass patterns.</p>

I hate to be a pessimist and I hope I'm wrong but we are on the verge of collapse. How on earth are we going to cover Jackson and Maclin when we could cover whoever was out there for the Rams?</p>

I see them putting up a 45 burger on us. </p>

Maybe we can run the ball...maybe. but with the injuries at WR they will be stuffing 9 guys in the box.</p>

I really don't know who is in worse shape, the Giants or the Sox.</p>

[/quote]

I disagree. STeven Jackson would of made no difference in that agme. We are stout against the run.

Again per Fewell alot of passes given up were on miscommunications. Is it really impossible to thin kthat this is the week we've gotten it together. Do you not remember how we started the 07 season?

Its week 3 pappy. 3 weeks from now is a life time.

The sox - DEFINITLY
    [/quote]id like to be optimistic but if these passes and "miscues" have been happening since last year. i see jackson and mclain tourching us, again. how can you not.
    and i think theres a big difference between spags and fewell. BIG. we all have to accept fewell isnt that good of a dc.
    [/quote]

well no sense in debating it. Have to see what happens on sunday

but just know that we ran ALOT more man than originally thought.

I think we'll be alrite. I like to see hwat Coe can do to be honest.

We hit Vick last year - thats why we almost won that second game. Thats the key to it all. Hitting vick and containing McCoy

And then not playing the worst football ever for 7.5 minutes
    [/quote]</p>

You know what? We really haven't played any good football since then.</p>

I appreciate your optimism. I wish I had it right now. This may be the most pessimistic I've been going into a game since I can remember. I can also see the beginnings of a player mutiny against this HC if things do spiral downward.</p>

I fear we will be embarrassed. I will be more than happy to be wrong.</p>

[/quote]

so great point, we're doomed to play awful football forever

Everything changes in the NFL week to week. You really are on an emotional tilt.

And btw, how did REese drop the ball with Boss? I mean do u think we should of paid him that contract????

Our TE play these first two weeks have been a major upside for our team
    [/quote]</p>

You are mixing your threads. </p>

And I don't know about that. Ballard has 3 catches for 72 yards. Its not terrible but its also not "a major upside" either.</p>

Boss was a force in the red zone. We shouldn't have let him go. </p>[/quote]

uhm, maybe thats because theres ALOT more to being a tight end - like BLOCKING. Which he has been doing a great job at and he hasn't dropped anything thrown at him. Hes doing his job and for basically peanuts

So your suggesting that we should of paid Boss 4.5 mil a year average?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]We shouldn't have let him go. [/quote]</P>

handful of players we shouldnt have let go.....but who you tellin'?

we had millions come off the books, and we were a nonfactor in free agency, leaving this team in the situation it's currently in. No depth, and gaping holes at certain positions.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    "I just don't know how I'm going to feel five
    years from now, or three years," Lincecum said. "That's why I'd kind of
    like to take things step by step and why I liked the deal I got last
    year." The deal he's referring to is the two-year, $23 million extension
    he signed that covered the first two of his four arbitration seasons.
    The righty said he would "definitely" be interested in doing another
    two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration,<font color="#0000FF"> but it
    sounds like he's leaning towards testing the free agent market.</font> He did
    add, though, that he'd keep an open mind when approaching negotiations
    over the winter, so nothing is totally off the table yet.

Welcome to the Yankees kid with your $200 million dollar contract....
    </div>[/quote]he wants out of the NL since Halladay knocked him from the #1 pitcher pedestal..

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration,<font color="#0000ff"> but it

</div>[/quote]

he'll have to cut his hair

All-Pro

you guys are way to freakin angry today...
    its friday! smile damnit!

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]We shouldn't have let him go. [/quote]</p>

we had millions come off the books, and we were a nonfactor in free agency, leaving this team in the situation it's currently in. No depth, and gaping holes at certain positions.</p>[/quote]

Sorry but I just disagree. We didn't have many positions that we had to address in free agency.

WE lost 2 guys on the liune, but we had Beatty ready to come in and we gave Baas a big deal.

We signed Bradshaw at a good contract.

We felt fine at WR with Hixon back.

We felt fine at CB with T2 and Princ ehealthy and Ross in a contract year

I mean besides letting Smith go, I really can't kill Reese for anything. It ain't his fault Oakland overpaid for Boss

It seems Pascoe regressed at FBack, but we did put our hate in for Leach and just didn't get him

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration,<font color="#0000ff"> but it

</div>[/quote]

[/quote][]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.
    <DIV class=report></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>"I just don't know how I'm going to feel five years from now, or three years," Lincecum said. "That's why I'd kind of like to take things step by step and why I liked the deal I got last year." The deal he's referring to is the two-year, $23 million extension he signed that covered the first two of his four arbitration seasons. The righty said he would "definitely" be interested in doing another two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration,<FONT color=#0000ff> but it sounds like he's leaning towards testing the free agent market.</FONT> He did add, though, that he'd keep an open mind when approaching negotiations over the winter, so nothing is totally off the table yet.

</DIV>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

lmao, true...</P>

when a player says they want to "test free-agency", they are basically saying "yea I kinda wanna be Yankee...let's do this"</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.
    <div class="report"></div>
    <div class="impact">"I just don't know how I'm going to feel five years from now, or three years," Lincecum said. "That's why I'd kind of like to take things step by step and why I liked the deal I got last year." The deal he's referring to is the two-year, $23 million extension he signed that covered the first two of his four arbitration seasons. The righty said he would "definitely" be interested in doing another two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration,<font color="#0000ff"> but it sounds like he's leaning towards testing the free agent market.</font> He did add, though, that he'd keep an open mind when approaching negotiations over the winter, so nothing is totally off the table yet.

</div>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

lmao, true...</p>

when a player says they want to "test free-agency", they are basically saying "yea I kinda wanna be Yankee...let's do this"</p>[/quote]put lawl on suicide watch

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]We shouldn't have let him go. [/quote]</P>

we had millions come off the books, and we were a nonfactor in free agency, leaving this team in the situation it's currently in. No depth, and gaping holes at certain positions.</P>

[/quote]

Sorry but I just disagree. We didn't have many positions that we had to address in free agency.

WE lost 2 guys on the liune, but we had Beatty ready to come in and we gave Baas a big deal.

We signed Bradshaw at a good contract.

We felt fine at WR with Hixon back.

We felt fine at CB with T2 and Princ ehealthy and Ross in a contract year

I mean besides letting Smith go, I really can't kill Reese for anything. It ain't his fault Oakland overpaid for Boss

It seems Pascoe regressed at FBack, but we did put our hate in for Leach and just didn't get him
    [/quote]</P>

yo im just sayin', we cut half the o-line, signed a center, let 2 of our better players walk(not that we can REALLY prevent that, but dont get me started on the smith thing)....and we really didn't add any depth to our LBs or 2ndary....Prince, sure...but you dont rely on a rookie coming out of the gates. specifically at CB.</P>

I'm kind of over it all to be honest...after the past few seasons' collapses....I'm just kind of at that point I guess.
    I just want to clear house. The entire staff, starting with the athletic training staff and conditioners. lol
    new coaches! new coordinators! the works!!
    also, Reese is no victim here....give him the axe too....</P>

SSSSSSSSSSSEE YA!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant