Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]We're going to open this arena right here with a concert. Maybe one, maybe two, maybe three ... I sound like LeBron," the Brooklyn rapper said.

"I can't wait, for those Knicks, a.k.a. Manhattan Knicks, to step out of the way for what will surely be our NBA champions, the Brooklyn Nets," he said."From the moment the Barclays Center became a reality, I knew this meant something significant for Brooklyn," Jay-Z said.

"This is where I'm from, I'll always be Brooklyn, and opening this arena will mean more to me than anywhere else. I also look forward to opening night for the Brooklyn Nets. We're going to create an atmosphere like only Brooklyn can."[/quote]</P>

Is anyone laughing how he uses the refrence we're?</P>

If I am not mistaken Jay Z owns about 1.5 percent of the Nets. </P>

Before he states the word we're he must get the ok fromMikhail Prokhorov.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I dont get what you are saying. Prokhorov already changed the name. Jay-Z is just there to hype it all up now. And it's going to be good.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

They just have to keep D Will....He is the only person who will put people in the seats.

from that same article:</P>

Although most figured Brooklyn Nets would be the team's name, the moniker became official Monday. Markowitz said that since Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov bought the franchise, they toyed with some other names, such as the Brooklyn Kings or the Brooklyn Bridges but decided to keep the Nets nickname when the team moves to New York for the 2012-13 season.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]We're going to open this arena right here with a concert. Maybe one, maybe two, maybe three ... I sound like LeBron," the Brooklyn rapper said.

"I can't wait, for those Knicks, a.k.a. Manhattan Knicks, to step out of the way for what will surely be our NBA champions, the Brooklyn Nets," he said."From the moment the Barclays Center became a reality, I knew this meant something significant for Brooklyn," Jay-Z said.

"This is where I'm from, I'll always be Brooklyn, and opening this arena will mean more to me than anywhere else. I also look forward to opening night for the Brooklyn Nets. We're going to create an atmosphere like only Brooklyn can."[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

I dont get what you are saying. Prokhorov already changed the name. Jay-Z is just there to hype it all up now. And it's going to be good.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I am saying he really hasno say when it comes to the business decisions of the Nets. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

I am saying he really hasno say when it comes to the business decisions of the Nets. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

ok....but what does that have to do with anything? lol...where does it say he thinks he does?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The Nashville Tennessean reports that Monday's MRI confirmed Kenny Britt has a torn right ACL and is done for the year.

bummer....

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The Nashville Tennessean reports that Monday's MRI confirmed Kenny Britt has a torn right ACL and is done for the year.

bummer....
    [/quote]</P>

hate to bring this up....but...</P>

with all the focus on player safety, and concussions the past couple years....we seem to be seeing ALOT more ACL injuries it would seem. coincidence?!?!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]soooo

u know that TE in buffalo thats killing it? Chandler?

We were the last ones to cut him before he went to buffalo

[/quote]
    No ****, that kind of sucks. That dude is huge....and to make it worse we kept Beckum. lol
    [/quote]

speaking of -

Dezz i'll give you an out for the bet right now....

Just admit he sucks and we'll cancel it

I think Dezz may actually do it. I remember the exact time he lost it about Sinorice Moss was one he did a similiar play and didn't get the first down....

Heres an out Dezzy. Admit he sucks and it will ultimately save you $100
    [/quote]a bets a bet.
    [/quote]

lol i love the fact that u'd rather pay $100 than admit u were wrong lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"]They just have to keep D Will....He is the only person who will put people in the seats.
    [/quote]

does DWill have an out-clause in his european deal?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]They just have to keep D Will....He is the only person who will put people in the seats.
    [/quote]

does DWill have an out-clause in his european deal?
    [/quote]
    Yeah, they all do. They are free to go back to their teams when the lock out is over. I am just talking about Free Agency and ****. If they don't sign him before the deadline he can go wherever he wants ( Lakers please ). I don't think they let him go but I'm just sayin. NJ has no power at all. He can decline any deal they offer and become a FA next year. Unless they get a franchise tag in the new CBA which I think the owners are working hard to get...