Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"]You just don't get it. That play is part of the offense. Its not a rash decision made in the face of a pass rush. Its not a failure to understand the game situation and score.

You Cultists drive me nuts.</P>

[/quote]</P>

no, I just honestly and truly believe that if Cruz or Nicks didn't make those catches in traffic, that you would still be like "he did it againnnn..."
    I know you'll dispute that...

i typically don't get involved in these discussions...but, that's just my thought at this exact moment.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]mhs been quite. eli must be playing to his satisfaction.
    [/quote]</p>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</p>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <u>wins</u> for our team.</p>

And wins are what its about.</p>[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]

and thats been a point i have made all along about Eli

alot of his success isn't just wide open throws. He threads the needle ALOT which produces for us...

the old man just refuses to accept that as fact
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</p>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <u>wins</u> for our team.</p>

And wins are what its about.</p>

[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]</p>

Was it picked? No. That kind of play, even if picked doesn't bother me. All QB's have to rely on their WR's once in a while. You Cultists have never understood my point about Eli, and I'm tired of re-explaining it.</p>[/quote]

im sorry i can't hear u, im too busy cheering my team on with our spectacular QB while we win

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

And wins are what its about.</p>[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]

alot of his success isn't just wide open throws. He threads the needle ALOT which produces for us...

[/quote]Eli is similar to many other qb's in this manner. When he is on, he's on. Like at the end of the Cards game. It would be nice to have that type of accurary more of the time.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]You just don't get it. That play is part of the offense. Its not a rash decision made in the face of a pass rush. Its not a failure to understand the game situation and score.

You Cultists drive me nuts.</P>

[/quote]</P>

no, I just honestly and truly believe that if Cruz or Nicks didn't make those catches in traffic, that you would still be like "he did it againnnn..."

i typically don't get involved in these discussions...but, that's just my thought at this exact moment.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I didn't complain at all when Eli threw the pick vs. the Rams. I understand that you have to make plays in the passing game and when you have a monster like Nicks, you have to find him in single coverage, even if its tight coverage.</P>

Its not that that bugged me about Eli last year. It was the dumb decisions. The willingness to chuck it into coverage before a play develops in the face of a pass rush. The failure to understand game situations like at Dallas and at Houston last season where the games were already won and he put that back in doubt with dumb passes.</P>

If Cruz, MM and Nicks have shown in games and/or practice that those throws he made in the past few weeks are good risks, I'm fine with it. Even if it gets picked once in a while. Its the paniced throws when he should be taking a sack or throwing it away that bug me.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]Eli is similar to many other qb's in this manner. When he is on, he's on. Like at the end of the Cards game. It would be nice to have that type of accurary more of the time.
    [/quote]

but thats the general point. Eli is VERY similiar with his production. You would of never got half of these people to say that before this season started

Then for MH to come back and say well sometimes u have to rely on your receivers - yea no ****. Thats the same thing we've been saying for how long now? Alot of **** we went through last year was because we did rely on our recievers and they let us down on basic things.

EDIT: and I don't mean that they let us down ALOT. They had a really good year last year considering, but I mean ALOT of those tipped passes SHOULD of been made. That not only increases Eli's stats but also lets us keep the ball instead of turning it over

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</P>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <U>wins</U> for our team.</P>

And wins are what its about.</P>

[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Look at his picks last year. They were almost never down the field. they were often completely rediculous decisions where he should have eaten the ball or thrown it away. OR (as he has done this season) dumped it off for the short gain. THIS Eli I have no problem with. Lasts years Eli I had a huge problem with.</P>

Trust me, his decision making has changed this season.</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]You just don't get it. That play is part of the offense. Its not a rash decision made in the face of a pass rush. Its not a failure to understand the game situation and score.

You Cultists drive me nuts.</p>

[/quote]</p>

<u>no, I just honestly and truly believe that if Cruz or Nicks didn't make those catches in traffic, that you would still be like "he did it againnnn..."</u>

i typically don't get involved in these discussions...but, that's just my thought at this exact moment.</p>[/quote]hence check and mate. lol

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]You just don't get it. That play is part of the offense. Its not a rash decision made in the face of a pass rush. Its not a failure to understand the game situation and score.

You Cultists drive me nuts.</p>

[/quote]</p>

i typically don't get involved in these discussions...but, that's just my thought at this exact moment.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I didn't complain at all when Eli threw the pick vs. the Rams. I understand that you have to make plays in the passing game and when you have a monster like Nicks, you have to find him in single coverage, even if its tight coverage.</p>

Its not that that bugged me about Eli last year. It was the dumb decisions. The willingness to chuck it into coverage before a play develops in the face of a pass rush. The failure to understand game situations like at Dallas and at Houston last season where the games were already won and he put that back in doubt with dumb passes.</p>

If Cruz, MM and Nicks have shown in games and/or practice that those throws he made in the past few weeks are good risks, I'm fine with it. Even if it gets picked once in a while.<u> Its the paniced throws when he should be taking a sack or throwing it away that bug me.</u></p>[/quote]I have to agree with you on this. It's those plays that put the other team back in the game, when we have a lead that bother me the most.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</P>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <U>wins</U> for our team.</P>

And wins are what its about.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

but thats the general point. Eli is VERY similiar with his production. You would of never got half of these people to say that before this season started

Then for MH to come back and say well sometimes u have to rely on your receivers - yea no ****. Thats the same thing we've been saying for how long now? Alot of **** we went through last year was because we did rely on our recievers and they let us down on basic things.
    [/quote]</P>

Absolutely not. The picks I had a problem with last year were paniced passes into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</P>