Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]a perfect example of this is the red sox. had the won. if they win at least 5 out of those 10 games they lost at the beginning of the season, they make the playoffs. to say ohh its april, oh its september, the game doesnt mean as much is ridiculous.
    [/quote]

<u>again thats stupid.</u> They could of taken care of business and had it in their own hands when it was down the wire - they didn't

theres a million what ifs that could of happened in both scenerios. Bottom line they knowing had their destiny in their own hands, like the Giants did, and didn't capitalize
    [/quote] how is it stupid? if they win those games, and the season plays out the way it did, even with the huge meltdown at the end, THEY STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. yes or no? (dont you dare pull a mh and not answer!)thus proving all games are important.
    i know what youre saying, a game late in the season to get in the playoffs is bigger than the titan game or any other game, BUT if the giants won any one of those games it doesnt have to be a "MUST" win. like you said we control our own destiny
    [/quote]

its stupid because u assume the season would of went on the same exact way after that game...

[/quote] <font size="6"><u>YES OR NO?????</u></font>

Dallas D is projected at 2.5 points this week @ New England. LOL!

<FONT face=Arial>Morehead State</FONT> </P>

What are your thoughts on having to replace Theo Epstein and Terry Francona?</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

really? Because i think if somebody like Casey Anthony had been found guilty that she should be killed? I think im very logical. Eye for an eye.
    [/quote]

It's illogical to try a base a punishment system on "how" guilty someone is or on "How" disgusting the crime they committed was....

it's a subjective scale...you can't structure a punishment system around something like that.

either you are guilty of ______ or you are Innocent of ____

if you are guilty of _____ then the punishment is determined by what the law states are acceptable punishments for ______.

you can not logically think that one person deserves a harsher punishment then any other person just because "you think she deserves it" and remain in the reasonable/logical world.

if you want to say a murderer deserves the death penalty because they took a life...that's a perfectly logical thought.

but to say people like "Casey Anthony" deserve the death penalty automatically makes the comment/thought emotional.

(And you can substitute the name Casey Anthony with ANY name including Osama if you want and it's still illogical)
    [/quote]

and here we go
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

and i also think u should treat others as you want to be treated

it may be in the bible but its not religious as oppose to just a way of life
    [/quote]

lol there you go again.

We are all, "pretty" good people here Matt...do you honestly think anyone in this thread disagree's with what you are saying?

Of Course not, the question is not so simple though, you are having an emotional response to ONE Court case in which you disagreed with the result...

so your solution is to make big sweeping changes to the entire system...and you do not consider the other side of the coin....the side that executes someone you think is Innocent but is convicted.

do I think Casey Anthony was guilty....outside of a court room...HELL YES, but inside a court room....No she wasn't Matt....and beyond that...the result of ONE court case has little to no bearing on how the entire capital punishment system.

[/quote]

daven is just as guilty as me of going off on tangents that have nothing to do wtih the topics at hands.

For some reason my theory of thinking an able bodied adult that kills a child in cold blood is emotional? I just say its a guideline

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

and i also think u should treat others as you want to be treated

it may be in the bible but its not religious as oppose to just a way of life
    [/quote]

lol there you go again.

We are all, "pretty" good people here Matt...do you honestly think anyone in this thread disagree's with what you are saying?

Of Course not, the question is not so simple though, you are having an emotional response to ONE Court case in which you disagreed with the result...

so your solution is to make big sweeping changes to the entire system...and you do not consider the other side of the coin....the side that executes someone you think is Innocent but is convicted.

do I think Casey Anthony was guilty....outside of a court room...HELL YES, but inside a court room....No she wasn't Matt....and beyond that...the result of ONE court case has little to no bearing on how the entire capital punishment system.

[/quote]

did i ask anybody to?

I was accused of being a bleeding heart and i responded with i am for the death penalty.

Mammy pointed out that I used a line from the bible and said it was ironic because I hate religion. I brought up another line do believe, whether it was in the bible or not.

At what point did I try and say thats how u all should live or believe or act?

Again the Casey Anthony trial was just the most specific pop example. I believe ANY parent that kills their toddler should be put to death. I forget the names of the other caes and for all the cases I don't even know about i believe that.

I dont think its a big sweeping change. Death penalty is alive and well in many states. How would it be a huge sweeping change? You act like ti doesn't exist in our country already.

Again ur mixing what dezz is saying to u with what i am saying to u. That or u need to start reading better and stop trolling
    [/quote]

bump

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]just for the record, stealing from the king did equate death in the Robin Hood tales..[/quote]

The severity of the punishment is irrelevant, a Thief is a Thief and they get what a thief gets, a murderer is a murderer and they get what a murderer gets.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Because one is really an assisted suicide oppose to murder.

You act like there isn't different degrees of murder or that the death penalty doesn't exist.[/quote]

You ACT like they DO exist Matt...they don't ...or at least not in the way you seem to think they do....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]HAD Casey Anthony been convicted, in your honest non-trolling opinion - what degree would she been convicted of?
    [/quote]

lol...HAD she been convicted? she wasn't convicted matt because they couldn't prove murder AT ALL...had she been convicted what degree would she be convicted of?

It's completely dependent on the evidence brought to court....but do you know what doesn't factor into it? the fact that it was her Daughter...yeah that has NO RELEVANCE, the fact that she partied afterwards....NO RELEVANCE.

the things that make most people think Casey Anthony deserved the death sentence (more then say Kervorkian) generally have absolutely nothing to do with how they determine who gets what punishment....that's what I'm trying to get across to you with the Robin Hood analogy Matt.
    [/quote]

bump

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]refusing to see the difference betwene Dr K and CA isn't logical, you just try to pretend it is[/quote]

Asserting that there IS a difference is illogical.

socially, yes one is worse then the other, but when it comes to a court of law, 1st Degree Murder is 1st Degree Murder and the Penalty is the same whether it was your daughter and you partied afterwards or if it was your grandmother who was dying of cancer an begged you to put her out of her misery.

if convicted of 1st Degree Murder you face the same penalty....such as...the death penalty.

you want to pick and choose who gets it and who doesn't depending on outside factors....that's not a good idea.

as it was said before... there is no such thing as "Extra" Guilty....it can't be qualified, you want people who are "extra" guilty to get the death penalty....but those who aren't to not get it....but since "extra" Guilty isn't...A Thing...It can not be done.
    [/quote]

i think i just figured out davens argument, he was under the impression that Dr. K got Muder 1. Which he didnt

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]a perfect example of this is the red sox. had the won. if they win at least 5 out of those 10 games they lost at the beginning of the season, they make the playoffs. to say ohh its april, oh its september, the game doesnt mean as much is ridiculous.
    [/quote]

<u>again thats stupid.</u> They could of taken care of business and had it in their own hands when it was down the wire - they didn't

theres a million what ifs that could of happened in both scenerios. Bottom line they knowing had their destiny in their own hands, like the Giants did, and didn't capitalize
    [/quote] how is it stupid? if they win those games, and the season plays out the way it did, even with the huge meltdown at the end, THEY STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. yes or no? (dont you dare pull a mh and not answer!)thus proving all games are important.
    i know what youre saying, a game late in the season to get in the playoffs is bigger than the titan game or any other game, BUT if the giants won any one of those games it doesnt have to be a "MUST" win. like you said we control our own destiny
    [/quote]

its stupid because u assume the season would of went on the same exact way after that game...

[/quote] <font size="6"><u>YES OR NO?????</u></font>
    [/quote]

u asked why i thought something was stupid and i answered

where is there a yes or no question that u want answered? lol

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"] thats why I stopped responding to his points a long time ago [/quote]

Oh the Irony.

[/quote]

u have no idea what my points were, u were just confusing them with dezz

u honestly have talked so much **** that u don't even know who said what or what u are arguing
    [/quote]

You don't have points, you have emotional responses it's ok, it's just a different way to think about things, but I think in this respect your emotional response to the Casey Anthony ruling is to simplistic, and the what you don't realize is that you can't separate one case from the system you need to formulate a "reason" for why she deserves the chair (and you haven't done that yet) and that reason must apply....to everyone else in the future...so it's not as easy as it sounds.

is it because the mother killed the child? then all mothers that kill their children must be sentenced to the Chair correct? no matter the circumstance...no that's to simplistic.

my point is there are already well defined circumstances which must be met in order for someone to be sent to the chair.

you simplify the question down to much....you asked me...do I think she would have gotten the chair.

that question is IMPOSSIBLE to answer, you keep saying..."of course she would" but you can't say that...it's silly to say that...because without evidence you can not figure out what to convict her of...would it have been Murder 1? Murder 2? Manslaughter? we can't know! because the evidence isn't there....thus we can't decide she deserves the chair...because we don't even know what we could have convicted her of.....as it stands...it was nothing...we couldn't convict her of anything at all.
    [/quote]

no again ur a moron. U confused what dezz said with what i said

so after reading ur first sentence, i stopped. IF she had been found guilty of murder, with the way they disposed the body, her post-crime actions, her lies told to everybody, and the fact that it was a baby - you could of bet ur **** it would of been murder one
    [/quote]lol i havnt said anything....
    [/quote]

this was like a month ago when we were talkin about Casey Anthony