All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

Really Matt, you and me, we kinda want the same thing, for us to have the power at least that's what I think you want, you want the "majority" to actually have the power in America, ME TOO.

The difference is you want us to have the power through the government (which never works imho)

I want us to have that power directly...with the government being as small as possible...only being there for things like national security and safety regulations.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

IF i put that qoute up to somethings you've said today alone, it would point out HOW contradictory it is.

And you've flip flopped yet again by agreeing with this by saying now that GOVERNMENT controls Big Business
    [/quote]

I've not flip-flopped at all, you are simply to naive understand what I'm saying.

you think either the government controls big business or that big business controls the government....you for some reason, can not see the truth of the matter...which is that they work TOGETHER at the moment.

punishing the government...or punishing big business will not work.

there is only one way to solve the current situation, we must take away their ABILITY to work together....we must divide and conquer so to speak, the regular everyday consumer can not break this partnership as it stands now, we need to get people elected who stand for smaller government so that the ability for Government and Big Business to help each other out is limited....then the consumer can decide which companies deserve to succeed and fail, the consumer can decide whether traders deserve as much money as they are getting now consumers can make the decisions.

right now the government makes the decisions...and their decisions are dependent on which company gives them the most money during the election year.
    [/quote]

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="dezzzR"]terrel thomas seeking 50 mill before injury. geeet the **** outa here
    [/quote]</P>

lol....wow....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<div class="report">

According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees are considering a pursuit of Carlos Beltran this winter.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    "He's on our list,'' a team official told
    Matthews. "But we have to make a decision on Swisher first.'' Most
    expect the Yankees will exercise Swisher's $10.25 million option for
    2012, but Beltran could be an alternative in right field if they
    decline. It's also possible that the Bombers could pick up Swisher's
    option and dangle him in the trade market.

<div class="report">

</p>

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News
    reports that negotiations between the Yankees and general manager Brian
    Cashman are "just about" complete.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Not a surprise, as most expected negotiations
    to go smoothly. Cashman's new deal is believed to be for about three
    years. It will be done by October 31, but could be announced once the
    World Series is over this week.

According to George A. King III of the New
    York Post, Scott Boras has attempted to contact Yankees general manager
    Brian Cashman about redoing Robinson Cano's contract.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">

Cano's contract includes a $14 million club
    option for 2012 and a $15 million club option for 2013. These terms are a
    bargain given his outstanding production, so the Yankees have no sense
    of urgency to negotiate a new contract. For what it's worth, Boras was
    hired by Cano earlier this year, so he won't receive any commission
    until the 29-year-old second baseman signs his next big deal. Can't
    blame the guy for trying.
    </div>

</div>
    </div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees are considering a pursuit of Carlos Beltran this winter.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    "He's on our list,'' a team official told
    Matthews. "But we have to make a decision on Swisher first.'' Most
    expect the Yankees will exercise Swisher's $10.25 million option for
    2012, but Beltran could be an alternative in right field if they
    decline. It's also possible that the Bombers could pick up Swisher's
    option and dangle him in the trade market.

<div class="report">

</p>

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News
    reports that negotiations between the Yankees and general manager Brian
    Cashman are "just about" complete.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Not a surprise, as most expected negotiations
    to go smoothly. Cashman's new deal is believed to be for about three
    years. It will be done by October 31, but could be announced once the
    World Series is over this week.

According to George A. King III of the New
    York Post, Scott Boras has attempted to contact Yankees general manager
    Brian Cashman about redoing Robinson Cano's contract.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">

Cano's contract includes a $14 million club
    option for 2012 and a $15 million club option for 2013. These terms are a
    bargain given his outstanding production, so the Yankees have no sense
    of urgency to negotiate a new contract. For what it's worth, Boras was
    hired by Cano earlier this year, so he won't receive any commission
    until the 29-year-old second baseman signs his next big deal. Can't
    blame the guy for trying.
    </div>

</div>
    </div>[/quote]i like swish but an upgrade wouldnt be bad. we need a pure hitter. a guy that hit for average, we have enough power.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees are considering a pursuit of Carlos Beltran this winter.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>"He's on our list,'' a team official told Matthews. "But we have to make a decision on Swisher first.'' Most expect the Yankees will exercise Swisher's $10.25 million option for 2012, but Beltran could be an alternative in right field if they decline. It's also possible that the Bombers could pick up Swisher's option and dangle him in the trade market.

<DIV class=report>

</P>

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that negotiations between the Yankees and general manager Brian Cashman are "just about" complete.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Not a surprise, as most expected negotiations to go smoothly. Cashman's new deal is believed to be for about three years. It will be done by October 31, but could be announced once the World Series is over this week.

According to George A. King III of the New York Post, Scott Boras has attempted to contact Yankees general manager Brian Cashman about redoing Robinson Cano's contract.
    <DIV class=report></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>
    Cano's contract includes a $14 million club option for 2012 and a $15 million club option for 2013. These terms are a bargain given his outstanding production, so the Yankees have no sense of urgency to negotiate a new contract. For what it's worth, Boras was hired by Cano earlier this year, so he won't receive any commission until the 29-year-old second baseman signs his next big deal. Can't blame the guy for trying. </DIV>

</DIV>
    </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I don't want Beltran any where near the Yankees. </P>

Let some other team over pay for a guy who is made out of glass. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees are considering a pursuit of Carlos Beltran this winter.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>"He's on our list,'' a team official told Matthews. "But we have to make a decision on Swisher first.'' Most expect the Yankees will exercise Swisher's $10.25 million option for 2012, but Beltran could be an alternative in right field if they decline. It's also possible that the Bombers could pick up Swisher's option and dangle him in the trade market.

<DIV class=report>

</P>

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that negotiations between the Yankees and general manager Brian Cashman are "just about" complete.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Not a surprise, as most expected negotiations to go smoothly. Cashman's new deal is believed to be for about three years. It will be done by October 31, but could be announced once the World Series is over this week.

According to George A. King III of the New York Post, Scott Boras has attempted to contact Yankees general manager Brian Cashman about redoing Robinson Cano's contract.
    <DIV class=report></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>
    Cano's contract includes a $14 million club option for 2012 and a $15 million club option for 2013. These terms are a bargain given his outstanding production, so the Yankees have no sense of urgency to negotiate a new contract. For what it's worth, Boras was hired by Cano earlier this year, so he won't receive any commission until the 29-year-old second baseman signs his next big deal. Can't blame the guy for trying. </DIV>

</DIV>
    </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I'm opposed to that, without question, unless that bum Beltran works for pennies.
    The only way I'd be ok with Swisher's option not being picked back up is if they plan on converting Montero to an outfielder for some reason. It's fairly obvious to me that our catchers should be Martin, Cervelli(if they want him) and Romine. I think it's kind of a waste to have such a talented young kid like Montero just as a DH when you can utilize his athleticism elsewhere in the field since he isnt hte best catcher.

Of course Cano should be hooked up, no brainer in my eyes....but the Yankees should be...and i dont know why I even have to mention this....looking for pitching, keeping CC, and replacing the back end of the rotation.
    I have no complaints about Garcia and Colon playing the way they did for us this year, but we're not going to be that lucky all the time.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York, the Yankees are considering a pursuit of Carlos Beltran this winter.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">"He's on our list,'' a team official told Matthews. "But we have to make a decision on Swisher first.'' Most expect the Yankees will exercise Swisher's $10.25 million option for 2012, but Beltran could be an alternative in right field if they decline. It's also possible that the Bombers could pick up Swisher's option and dangle him in the trade market.

<div class="report">

</p>

Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that negotiations between the Yankees and general manager Brian Cashman are "just about" complete.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Not a surprise, as most expected negotiations to go smoothly. Cashman's new deal is believed to be for about three years. It will be done by October 31, but could be announced once the World Series is over this week.

<div class="report"></div>
    <div class="impact">
    Cano's contract includes a $14 million club option for 2012 and a $15 million club option for 2013. These terms are a bargain given his outstanding production, so the Yankees have no sense of urgency to negotiate a new contract. For what it's worth, Boras was hired by Cano earlier this year, so he won't receive any commission until the 29-year-old second baseman signs his next big deal. Can't blame the guy for trying. </div>

</div>
    </div>

[/quote]</p>

I don't want Beltran any where near the Yankees. </p>

Let some other team over pay for a guy who is made out of glass. </p>[/quote]i also dont want that ugly thing by his ear touching a yankee cap.

ehhhewww gross, reminds me of that scene in uncle buck, "heres a quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

Lando, </P>

Blockbuster trade offer sent.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Lando, </P>

Blockbuster trade offer sent.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I hope it involves Ronnie Brown, Santana Moss, Beanie Wells, and Michael Bush!!!! =D</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant