All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</p>

</p>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</p>

[/quote]

well not exactly..I do think there is a "marginal" improvement in his play, but Morehead keeps repeating that Eli "isn't making the same mistakes he was making last year" that I do not agree with....he still throws the ball from his back foot..he still throws into double coverage he still does all the things Morehead killed him for last year...with almost exactly the same frequency he did last year...I think the larger reason for the improved "results" this year is an increase in performance from his supporting cast...not so much luck.
    [/quote]</p>

Throwing off your back foot is not a mistake. Its neccessary in the NFL.</p>

He is better in the pocket. He is moving in the pocket to create more time and he has resisted (for the most part) the impulse to throw early into coverage before the play has sufficiently developed. He has thrown more balls away. He has taken more sacks if the situation calls for it. he has even dumped it off more when WR's downfield aren't open.</p>

I call that "significant improvement"</p>

Your view is that he's just "luckier". Which in my opinion is foolish.</p>[/quote]

No my opinion is that he was doing all the things you've just mentioned last year as well with about the same frequency...my opinion is that his supporting cast (namely his receivers) are making less mistakes which is improving HIS overall results (be it numbers wins rating what have you) it is also my opinion that because the results are much improved from last year you are attributing them to some "phantom" jump in his play....his play IS better...but that's a very small percentage of why his results are better this year...Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks and Manningham improving...running the right routes...not setting the football up for Defensive backs as if they were playing volleyball like this did last year has a lot more to do with the increased performance this year then the small incremental improvements to Eli's game which have been happening since we drafted him.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="shocknaweny"]this is a great league but I don't wanna be villified for making trades that I feel help my team... [/quote]
    Your trades are always with good intent in the long run. Seems like anytime you made a trade it ends up benefiting both in the long run. It just seems like you kind of dumped Andre but in a sense I can't blame you. He has done nothing for you for a while and you need to get someone in there who can help you make the dance. You are one of the best players in the league Shock and we can't lose both Canucks. It's fine man, we are all just so damn competitive to a fault. It's like B said a couple days ago...

This league is like the friendly at home poker game between friends that is never friendly. lol
    [/quote]</p>

I love all you guys, I really do....but you literally made me hate fantasy sports.

You even made me quit my work league this year!</p>

[/quote]

how did we do that

and i say lies! had we done the smaller bench u would of still been in the league

i would rather have everybody hate each other now and again when it comes to fantasy. If theres no heat then the leagues typically suck
    [/quote]</p>

Pizz is nuts. This **** is a blast.</p>

BTW Matt, can anyone on your team even walk?</p>[/quote]That was funny....but even with a team that can't walk he is killing me.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</P>

</P>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</P>

[/quote]

well not exactly..I do think there is a "marginal" improvement in his play, but Morehead keeps repeating that Eli "isn't making the same mistakes he was making last year" that I do not agree with....he still throws the ball from his back foot..he still throws into double coverage he still does all the things Morehead killed him for last year...with almost exactly the same frequency he did last year...I think the larger reason for the improved "results" this year is an increase in performance from his supporting cast...not so much luck.
    [/quote]</P>

Throwing off your back foot is not a mistake. Its neccessary in the NFL.</P>

He is better in the pocket. He is moving in the pocket to create more time and he has resisted (for the most part) the impulse to throw early into coverage before the play has sufficiently developed. He has thrown more balls away. He has taken more sacks if the situation calls for it. he has even dumped it off more when WR's downfield aren't open.</P>

I call that "significant improvement"</P>

Your view is that he's just "luckier". Which in my opinion is foolish.</P>

[/quote]

No my opinion is that he was doing all the things you've just mentioned last year as well with about the same frequency...my opinion is that his supporting cast (namely his receivers) are making less mistakes which is improving HIS overall results (be it numbers wins rating what have you) it is also my opinion that because the results are much improved from last year you are attributing them to some "phantom" jump in his play....his play IS better...but that's a very small percentage of why his results are better this year...Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks and Manningham improving...running the right routes...not setting the football up for Defensive backs as if they were playing volleyball like this did last year has a lot more to do with the increased performance this year then the small incremental improvements to Eli's game which have been happening since we drafted him.
    [/quote]</P>

Manningham isn't playing as well as last season. The O line isn't as good. The running game isn't as good. I'll give you Victor Cruz but he has had problems running the right routes all season and until 6 weeks ago, hadn't caught a pass in the NFL.</P>

I'm sorry Daven, the real difference is Eli's play.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

<div class="report">

Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) and Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) will both be re-examined on Tuesday.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Giants coach Tom Coughlin said at his Monday press
    conference that both were "improving," but that their initial status for
    Week 10 won't be known until they're re-evaluated tomorrow. While
    Bradshaw's return timetable remains up in the air, Nicks can tentatively
    be expected to take the field against the 49ers.
    </div>

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="shocknaweny"]this is a great league but I don't wanna be villified for making trades that I feel help my team... [/quote]
    Your trades are always with good intent in the long run. Seems like anytime you made a trade it ends up benefiting both in the long run. It just seems like you kind of dumped Andre but in a sense I can't blame you. He has done nothing for you for a while and you need to get someone in there who can help you make the dance. You are one of the best players in the league Shock and we can't lose both Canucks. It's fine man, we are all just so damn competitive to a fault. It's like B said a couple days ago...

This league is like the friendly at home poker game between friends that is never friendly. lol
    [/quote]</P>

I love all you guys, I really do....but you literally made me hate fantasy sports.

You even made me quit my work league this year!</P>

[/quote]

how did we do that

and i say lies! had we done the smaller bench u would of still been in the league

i would rather have everybody hate each other now and again when it comes to fantasy. If theres no heat then the leagues typically suck
    [/quote]</P>

Pizz is nuts. This **** is a blast.</P>

BTW Matt, can anyone on your team even walk?</P>

[/quote]That was funny....but even with a team that can't walk he is killing me.
    [/quote]</P>

You just need to get some experience. trust me, you will blow past Matt next year. He's always at or near the bottom of our league, and will be this year too.</P>

He has a tendancy to aquire retired players and draft guys with nerve damage.</P>

Hahahahahaha!!!</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</p>

</p>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Throwing off your back foot is not a mistake. Its neccessary in the NFL.</p>

He is better in the pocket. He is moving in the pocket to create more time and he has resisted (for the most part) the impulse to throw early into coverage before the play has sufficiently developed. He has thrown more balls away. He has taken more sacks if the situation calls for it. he has even dumped it off more when WR's downfield aren't open.</p>

I call that "significant improvement"</p>

Your view is that he's just "luckier". Which in my opinion is foolish.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Manningham isn't playing as well as last season. The O line isn't as good. The running game isn't as good. I'll give you Victor Cruz but he has had problems running the right routes all season and until 6 weeks ago, hadn't caught a pass in the NFL.</p>

I'm sorry Daven, the real difference is Eli's play.</p>[/quote]

Nicks is better than he was last year

Cruz is better than what Mario was last year

Mario is better than any 3rd WR we've ever had

Ballard may end up having a better year than SHOCKEY ever did, even under Fasselll

Now go to the depth guys that aren't getting love - Barden just stepped in and made some plays.

The difference is that this time last year we were signing Michael Clayton and Derek Hagan off the streets to come be our #2 and #3 WRs
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) and Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) will both be re-examined on Tuesday.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>Giants coach Tom Coughlin said at his Monday press conference that both were "improving," but that their initial status for Week 10 won't be known until they're re-evaluated tomorrow. While Bradshaw's return timetable remains up in the air, Nicks can tentatively be expected to take the field against the 49ers. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

It doesn't matter because Eli is playing so much better.</P>

[quote user="ny06"][/quote]
    He flinches like such a *****. That is so ****ing funny!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

I can't believe you think he's just as bad as last year.</p>

Thats our QB!</p>[/quote]

he wasn't bad last year, he had a lot of unfortunate bounces...and there was a lot more miscommunication between him and his receivers, If I remember correctly he threw for over 4k yards and for 25+ TD's last year...yes there was a lot of interceptions...but a lot of those interceptions were not his fault, I refuse attribute Interceptions that the receivers ran the wrong route on, or let bounce off their breastplates up into the air to be picked off to Eli...and last year that was a good 7-10 of his ints.

Morehead...if Eli threw for 25+TD's and 4k Yards last year with only 10ish interceptions (even if his play was "IDENTICAL" you would have lauded his season...you are being blinded by stats...we are not wearing rose colored glasses..WE are the ones being objective here.

and not that this is another instance of Moorehead looking at the stats vs how Mario is actually played... wasn't yesterday like the 3rd deep ball that Manningham got PI'd with this year?

That will hurt the stat catagory
    Fear the name, appreciate the game