Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</P>

</P>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</P>

[/quote]

well not exactly..I do think there is a "marginal" improvement in his play, but Morehead keeps repeating that Eli "isn't making the same mistakes he was making last year" that I do not agree with....he still throws the ball from his back foot..he still throws into double coverage he still does all the things Morehead killed him for last year...with almost exactly the same frequency he did last year...I think the larger reason for the improved "results" this year is an increase in performance from his supporting cast...not so much luck.
    [/quote]</P>

Throwing off your back foot is not a mistake. Its neccessary in the NFL.</P>

He is better in the pocket. He is moving in the pocket to create more time and he has resisted (for the most part) the impulse to throw early into coverage before the play has sufficiently developed. He has thrown more balls away. He has taken more sacks if the situation calls for it. he has even dumped it off more when WR's downfield aren't open.</P>

I call that "significant improvement"</P>

Your view is that he's just "luckier". Which in my opinion is foolish.</P>

[/quote]

No my opinion is that he was doing all the things you've just mentioned last year as well with about the same frequency...my opinion is that his supporting cast (namely his receivers) are making less mistakes which is improving HIS overall results (be it numbers wins rating what have you) it is also my opinion that because the results are much improved from last year you are attributing them to some "phantom" jump in his play....his play IS better...but that's a very small percentage of why his results are better this year...Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks and Manningham improving...running the right routes...not setting the football up for Defensive backs as if they were playing volleyball like this did last year has a lot more to do with the increased performance this year then the small incremental improvements to Eli's game which have been happening since we drafted him.
    [/quote]</P>

Manningham isn't playing as well as last season. The O line isn't as good. The running game isn't as good. I'll give you Victor Cruz but he has had problems running the right routes all season and until 6 weeks ago, hadn't caught a pass in the NFL.</P>

I'm sorry Daven, the real difference is Eli's play.</P>

[/quote]

Nicks is better than he was last year

Cruz is better than what Mario was last year

Mario is better than any 3rd WR we've ever had

Ballard may end up having a better year than SHOCKEY ever did, even under Fasselll

Now go to the depth guys that aren't getting love - Barden just stepped in and made some plays.

The difference is that this time last year we were signing Michael Clayton and Derek Hagan off the streets to come be our #2 and #3 WRs
    [/quote]</P>

We were healthy at WR through the first half of last season. Apples to apples, Eli is significantly better.</P>

Stop trying to drag my QB down Matt.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I can't believe you think he's just as bad as last year.</p>

Thats our QB!</p>[/quote]

he wasn't bad last year, he had a lot of unfortunate bounces...and there was a lot more miscommunication between him and his receivers, If I remember correctly he threw for over 4k yards and for 25+ TD's last year...yes there was a lot of interceptions...but a lot of those interceptions were not his fault, I res up into the air to be picked off to Eli...and last year that was a good 7-10 of his ints.

Morehead...if Eli threw for 25+TD's and 4k Yards last year with only 10ish interceptions (even if his play was "IDENTICAL" you would have lauded his season...you are being blinded by stats...we are not wearing rose colored glasses..fuse attribute Interceptions that the receivers ran the wrong route on, or let bounce off their breastplateWE are the ones being objective here.
    [/quote]

30 TDs and career high comp % as well
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]Phil Simms is God!![/quote]
    He said Ballard reminds him alot of Bavaro.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I can't believe you think he's just as bad as last year.</P>

Thats our QB!</P>

[/quote]

he wasn't bad last year, he had a lot of unfortunate bounces...and there was a lot more miscommunication between him and his receivers, If I remember correctly he threw for over 4k yards and for 25+ TD's last year...yes there was a lot of interceptions...but a lot of those interceptions were not his fault, I refuse attribute Interceptions that the receivers ran the wrong route on, or let bounce off their breastplates up into the air to be picked off to Eli...and last year that was a good 7-10 of his ints.

Morehead...if Eli threw for 25+TD's and 4k Yards last year with only 10ish interceptions (even if his play was "IDENTICAL" you would have lauded his season...you are being blinded by stats...we are not wearing rose colored glasses..WE are the ones being objective here.
    [/quote]</P>

You quote stats and then tell me I focus on stats.</P>

You focus too much on stats. And its also poor salemanship. His stats are night and day better this year.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Manningham isn't playing as well as last season. The O line isn't as good. The running game isn't as good. I'll give you Victor Cruz but he has had problems running the right routes all season and until 6 weeks ago, hadn't caught a pass in the NFL.</p>

I'm sorry Daven, the real difference is Eli's play.</p>[/quote]

you can think that all you want, but you are over simplifying the situation, I'm gonna take my own advice and stop arguing with on this one for today though..or at least a while cause I have work to do...and you clearly won't listen to reason.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

You focus too much on stats. And its also poor salemanship. His stats are night and day better this year.</p>[/quote]

lol coming from you that's rich....pot calling the kettle black much?

you may as well change your username to Izbo this year with the comments you've been making.

I'm quoting stats because that's the argument YOU are making, you are clearly just looking at stats and talking about how much better Eli is playing...because if you were actually basing it on watching him you would obviously have the same opinion on the topic as me and Matt...

you are forcing me to use statistics because it's the only thing you relate to apparently.....

STOP IT I HAVE WORK TO DO...!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</p>

</p>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</p>

[/quote]

well not exactly..I do think there is a "marginal" improvement in his play, but Morehead keeps repeating that Eli "isn't making the same mistakes he was making last year" that I do not agree with....he still throws the ball from his back foot..he still throws into double coverage he still does all the things Morehead killed him for last year...with almost exactly the same frequency he did last year...I think the larger reason for the improved "results" this year is an increase in performance from his supporting cast...not so much luck.
    [/quote]</p>

Throwing off your back foot is not a mistake. Its neccessary in the NFL.</p>

He is better in the pocket. He is moving in the pocket to create more time and he has resisted (for the most part) the impulse to throw early into coverage before the play has sufficiently developed. He has thrown more balls away. He has taken more sacks if the situation calls for it. he has even dumped it off more when WR's downfield aren't open.</p>

I call that "significant improvement"</p>

Your view is that he's just "luckier". Which in my opinion is foolish.</p>

[/quote]

No my opinion is that he was doing all the things you've just mentioned last year as well with about the same frequency...my opinion is that his supporting cast (namely his receivers) are making less mistakes which is improving HIS overall results (be it numbers wins rating what have you) it is also my opinion that because the results are much improved from last year you are attributing them to some "phantom" jump in his play....his play IS better...but that's a very small percentage of why his results are better this year...Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks and Manningham improving...running the right routes...not setting the football up for Defensive backs as if they were playing volleyball like this did last year has a lot more to do with the increased performance this year then the small incremental improvements to Eli's game which have been happening since we drafted him.
    [/quote]</p>

Manningham isn't playing as well as last season. The O line isn't as good. The running game isn't as good. I'll give you Victor Cruz but he has had problems running the right routes all season and until 6 weeks ago, hadn't caught a pass in the NFL.</p>

I'm sorry Daven, the real difference is Eli's play.</p>

[/quote]

Nicks is better than he was last year

Cruz is better than what Mario was last year

Mario is better than any 3rd WR we've ever had

Ballard may end up having a better year than SHOCKEY ever did, even under Fasselll

Now go to the depth guys that aren't getting love - Barden just stepped in and made some plays.

The difference is that this time last year we were signing Michael Clayton and Derek Hagan off the streets to come be our #2 and #3 WRs
    [/quote]</p>

We were healthy at WR through the first half of last season. Apples to apples, Eli is significantly better.</p>

Stop trying to drag my QB down Matt.</p>[/quote]

your the one thats not recognizing the level of play hes been giving us for years now. YOU SIR are dragging him down

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I can't believe you think he's just as bad as last year.</P>

Thats our QB!</P>

[/quote]

he wasn't bad last year, he had a lot of unfortunate bounces...and there was a lot more miscommunication between him and his receivers, If I remember correctly he threw for over 4k yards and for 25+ TD's last year...yes there was a lot of interceptions...but a lot of those interceptions were not his fault, I res up into the air to be picked off to Eli...and last year that was a good 7-10 of his ints.

Morehead...if Eli threw for 25+TD's and 4k Yards last year with only 10ish interceptions (even if his play was "IDENTICAL" you would have lauded his season...you are being blinded by stats...we are not wearing rose colored glasses..fuse attribute Interceptions that the receivers ran the wrong route on, or let bounce off their breastplateWE are the ones being objective here.
    [/quote]

30 TDs and career high comp % as well
    [/quote]</P>

You were saying something about my focusing on stats?</P>

Tony Gonzalez said after Sunday's blowout win over Indianapolis that he
    believes Julio Jones can someday be the best receiver in the NFL.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Phil Simms is God!![/quote]
    He said Ballard reminds him alot of Bavaro.
    [/quote]

Peyton Manning said Simms couldn't hold a jock strap to Eli