Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]I'm not arguing any of those points....

But...

Eli WILL go down in the booksas a better QB than Simms. He already has as many rings. So, that's all the gauge I need right now. What will you say when Eli gets more rings?
    And why question Eli's toughness? He gets rocked all the time, and he's never missed a game in his career, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't play injured if it came down to it.[/quote]Eli does get rocked--he doesn't appear very solid, he's so lanky, but he get's up after ever hit and keeps going. I like his confidence to wait and throw the pass knowing that he's going to get smashed as soon as he releases the ball.

JP-I want those extra rings for Eli and our team this year!

[/quote]</P>

CHyeeaaaaa!!!
    Yea he's not solid, youre right, but that might be what prevents him from falling like a ton of bricks and potentially getting hurt. Who knows.
    All I know, is that the streak doesn't lie about his ability to bounce back from getting rock how he does.
    Think of all the QBs in the league, and how much time they've missed over the years. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]I'm not arguing any of those points....

But...

Eli WILL go down in the booksas a better QB than Simms. He already has as many rings. So, that's all the gauge I need right now. What will you say when Eli gets more rings?
    And why question Eli's toughness? He gets rocked all the time, and he's never missed a game in his career, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't play injured if it came down to it.[/quote]</P>

I'm not saying anything about Eli's toughness. I'm saying that Phil was one of the toughest football players I ever saw.</P>

I don't expect you to get it. Phil was the savior of our franchise. I went my first 14 years as a fan without a single playoff appearance. It was the Phil Simms led Giants that rose our franchise to greatness. No one performance compares to Phils in SB 21.</P>

And to correct the record, Phil has 2 rings. He led a team that started 10-0 in 1990 and got hurt against Buffalo in week 14. But was an important part of that SB team. They won it despite the fact that Phil got hurt.</P>

And the "books" can say one thing. The "books" usually go by stats. Like my comments on Eli play, I go by what I saw on the field.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]I'm not arguing any of those points....

But...

And why question Eli's toughness? He gets rocked all the time, and he's never missed a game in his career, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't play injured if it came down to it.[/quote]Eli does get rocked--he doesn't appear very solid, he's so lanky, but he get's up after ever hit and keeps going. I like his confidence to wait and throw the pass knowing that he's going to get smashed as soon as he releases the ball.

[/quote]</P>

CHyeeaaaaa!!!
    Yea he's not solid, youre right, but that might be what prevents him from falling like a ton of bricks and potentially getting hurt. Who knows.
    All I know, is that the streak doesn't lie about his ability to bounce back from getting rock how he does.
    Think of all the QBs in the league, and how much time they've missed over the years. </P>

[/quote]</P>

QB's who stand tall in the pocket and take hits tend to get injured more. Look at Eli in that pick in the endzone. We can see why he doesn't get hurt. Don't get me wrong, anyone who plays QB in the NFL has to be tough, including Eli. But you would never seePhil ducking like that. BTW, Peyton does the same thing as Eli.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

But...

[/quote]</p>

CHyeeaaaaa!!!
    Think of all the QBs in the league, and how much time they've missed over the years. </p>[/quote]I know-very impressive about Eli. Remember the time the Jet's busted his head open and he needed stitches in that pre-season game in 2010? He missed the next week, but I guess pre-season was not included in the consecutive start streak.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]I'm not arguing any of those points....

But...

And why question Eli's toughness? He gets rocked all the time, and he's never missed a game in his career, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't play injured if it came down to it.[/quote]</P>

I'm not saying anything about Eli's toughness. I'm saying that Phil was one of the toughest football players I ever saw.</P>

I don't expect you to get it. Phil was the savior of our franchise. I went my first 14 years as a fan without a single playoff appearance. It was the Phil Simms led Giants that rose our franchise to greatness. No one performance compares to Phils in SB 21.</P>

And to correct the record, Phil has 2 rings. He led a team that started 10-0 in 1990 and got hurt against Buffalo in week 14. But was an important part of that SB team. They won it despite the fact that Phil got hurt.</P>

And the "books" can say one thing. The "books" usually go by stats. Like my comments on Eli play, I go by what I saw on the field.</P>

[/quote]</P>

"books" figuratively...
    On a scale from 1 to awesome, Eli is the sh|t....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

But...

[/quote]</p>

CHyeeaaaaa!!!
    Think of all the QBs in the league, and how much time they've missed over the years. </p>

[/quote]</p>

QB's who stand tall in the pocket and take hits tend to get injured more. Look at Eli in that pick in the endzone. We can see why he doesn't get hurt. Don't get me wrong, anyone who plays QB in the NFL has to be tough, including Eli. But you would never seePhil ducking like that. BTW, Peyton does the same thing as Eli.</p>[/quote]I hate Brady but I think Brady is the best QB I have ever seen completing a pass when he knows that he is going to get smashed. It seems like most of the times he get's hit, the ball he just threw is caught for a td. He has NO fear at all.

Right--Hoss won the second the Super bowl 25 for us the year Simms got hurt. Simms was instrumental in that super bowl run

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I know-very impressive about Eli. Remember the time the Jet's busted his head open and he needed stitches in that pre-season game in 2010? He missed the next week, but I guess pre-season was not included in the consecutive start streak.
    [/quote]</P>

You mean when him and jacobs got hit and ran into each other? lmao
    awful play.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I know-very impressive about Eli. Remember the time the Jet's busted his head open and he needed stitches in that pre-season game in 2010? He missed the next week, but I guess pre-season was not included in the consecutive start streak.
    [/quote]</p>

You mean when him and jacobs got hit and ran into each other? lmao
    awful play.</p>[/quote]Yeah-My hatred for the jet's shined thru, haha-I was blaming the jets for that.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

Matt and Daven are of the opinion that Eli is getting luckier this year and thats why his stats are pumped up.</p>

</p>

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.</p>

[/quote]

no the opinion is that hes improving every year and this year is no different

Eli had a MUCH better year than most give him credit for

BUT YES - luck has definitly played into it. Not so much as GOOD luck vs oppose to the BAD luck we had last year. Dropped balls for picks - thats a major swing. We've had dropped balls that tipped and we were just liucky they weren't picked off
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

how could you possibly say that eli played better in 2010 than he did in 2009</p>

[/quote]
    </p>

because he had less to work with and his interceptions REALLY weren't a telling story of how he performed. We leaned on him more, better comp %, 10 wins, and he lined us up to get into the playoffs and the defense blew it vs Philly

And while the defense completely blew in 09 and 10- i'd say Eli was not at his best during the two most important games that year which was CArolina and Minny.
    [/quote]</p>

Do you really believe the **** you type?</p>[/quote]

the beauty of it is that i don't really have to call it **** - more like facts

- Interceptions were an inflated stat due to tips
    -completion percentage is a specific stat (which you can look up yourself junior)
    -Did we not put up 30+ points and have a 3 TD lead with 8 minutes left in the Philly game
    -did we not have 10 wins?
    -Did Eli close the 09 season in a good way?

again - i'd love to know whats not factually correct. Im sure you'll go for interceptions and thats what it will boil down to for you - but your from Florida. I'd imagine the heat wears on your mind
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lawl"]

This ****ing guy in TAGF is trying to tell me NE and Carolina have better WRs than us.</p>

</p>

Suck Eli off at all costs.</p>[/quote]

listen I don't apply the Manningbowl extremist to u, so don't do it to us

nobody in here would make that argument

infact part of my argument is that this may be the greatest WR core to ever put on a Giants uni
    Fear the name, appreciate the game