Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"]smoking joe frazier past last night.
    [/quote]ah dam

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Statistically ......yes. </P>

On the field......No.</P>

[/quote]

<SPAN title="Source:Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones">"Much to learn, you still have."</SPAN>

Eli is the leader of this team...and already the best QB to ever don the Blue Jersey...he has nothing left to prove, you are a hater and always will be for some reason.
    [/quote]</P>

Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history and always will be.</P>

You are a hater of our beloved SB hero.</P>

[/quote]</P>

So, when Eli surpasses Simms' win total, in a shorter amount of time....meaning...LED OUR TEAM TO MORE VICTORIES.....Simms is still better?
    When Eli shatters all Simm's statistics in a shorter amount of time....Simms is still better? Completes a higher percent of passes....Simms is still better?

Ok, just checking, MH...

let us know when you come off your high, and admit that Eli will soon be the greatest Giant ever, especially when he wins 2 more rings.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Do you even understand what Phil had to work with for most of his career? He had a horrific O line and got killed the first 6 or so years of his career. Even when they won a SB in 86 he had Brad Benson protecting his back side. And Brad Benson was terrible, Billy Ard at LG. His O line wasn't any good until they drafted Jumbo Elliot and Eric Moore. </P>

To my knowledge he is the only QB in NFL history to throw for 4000 yards with no one catching 50 balls. And that was when you could maul WR's downfield.</P>

What Phil could have done with guys like Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham is staggering to me. He had Bavaro and that was it. And didn't really have him until 85.</P>

The bottom line is that Phil was just a better football player. Better arm, faster release, more mobile (especially early in his career), more willing to take a hit in order to make a play. He was stronger, a better leader and the toughest SOB you would ever want to meet. And he would never quit a FF league because the bench size was too big.</P>

I like Eli. He's a good football player. Makes a lot of nice throws and has great preparation. But to suggest thatas Eli's stats pass Phil's, he magically becomes a better football player than Phil is completely wrong.</P>

[/quote]

I agree but what if he totall demolishes all of Simms stats, which is essentially what hes on pace to do

[/quote]</P>

And Kery Collins smashed all of Johnny Unitas' stats too.</P>

Your point? Whoever has the best lifetime stats is the best player?</P>

[/quote]

first off I agree that as the decades go on the game changes

BUT, lets not compare a QB from 60 years ago to a QB that retired lats week. I'd say that arguments sake a guy who retired in the 90s its pretty relevent to a a guy who was drafted in 03.

And no, i'm not say stats tell the complete story - but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

OK...Kerry Collins smashed all of Troy Aikman's stats. Is that better?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</P>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its clear that I am this years IZBO[/quote]

+1
    [/quote]more like giggles with your eli arguments.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its clear that I am this years IZBO[/quote]

+1
    [/quote]</P>

Spoken by a guy who rarely vetures out of the comfy confines of thee tread.</P>

I take it on while you hide here.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Statistically ......yes. </p>

On the field......No.</p>

[/quote]

<span title="Source:Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones">"Much to learn, you still have."</span>

Eli is the leader of this team...and already the best QB to ever don the Blue Jersey...he has nothing left to prove, you are a hater and always will be for some reason.
    [/quote]</p>

Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history and always will be.</p>

You are a hater of our beloved SB hero.</p>

[/quote]</p>

So, when Eli surpasses Simms' win total, in a shorter amount of time....meaning...LED OUR TEAM TO MORE VICTORIES.....Simms is still better?
    When Eli shatters all Simm's statistics in a shorter amount of time....Simms is still better? Completes a higher percent of passes....Simms is still better?

Ok, just checking, MH...

let us know when you come off your high, and admit that Eli will soon be the greatest Giant ever, especially when he wins 2 more rings.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Do you even understand what Phil had to work with for most of his career? He had a horrific O line and got killed the first 6 or so years of his career. Even when they won a SB in 86 he had Brad Benson protecting his back side. And Brad Benson was terrible, Billy Ard at LG. His O line wasn't any good until they drafted Jumbo Elliot and Eric Moore. </p>

To my knowledge he is the only QB in NFL history to throw for 4000 yards with no one catching 50 balls. And that was when you could maul WR's downfield.</p>

What Phil could have done with guys like Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham is staggering to me. He had Bavaro and that was it. And didn't really have him until 85.</p>

The bottom line is that Phil was just a better football player. Better arm, faster release, more mobile (especially early in his career), more willing to take a hit in order to make a play. He was stronger, a better leader and the toughest SOB you would ever want to meet. And he would never quit a FF league because the bench size was too big.</p>

I like Eli. He's a good football player. Makes a lot of nice throws and has great preparation. But to suggest thatas Eli's stats pass Phil's, he magically becomes a better football player than Phil is completely wrong.</p>

[/quote]

I agree but what if he totall demolishes all of Simms stats, which is essentially what hes on pace to do

[/quote]</p>

And Kery Collins smashed all of Johnny Unitas' stats too.</p>

Your point? Whoever has the best lifetime stats is the best player?</p>

[/quote]

first off I agree that as the decades go on the game changes

BUT, lets not compare a QB from 60 years ago to a QB that retired lats week. I'd say that arguments sake a guy who retired in the 90s its pretty relevent to a a guy who was drafted in 03.

And no, i'm not say stats tell the complete story - but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</p>

OK...Kerry Collins smashed all of Troy Aikman's stats. Is that better?</p>[/quote]

by your response i see you struggling to come back wtih a qualifying answer. Its fine, i'll leave you alone on this
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its clear that I am this years IZBO[/quote]

+1
    [/quote]</p>

Spoken by a guy who rarely vetures out of the comfy confines of thee tread.</p>

I take it on while you hide here.</p>[/quote]thats a lie. im in the trenches. whenever i ask you a legitimate question, you never answer or dance around the question.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</p>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</p>[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</P>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</P>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</P>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "greatest quarterbacks ever" cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant