All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</p>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</p>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</p>[/quote]

you don't have to quote the stats that you are using to formulate your opinion, your arguments make it clear with or without you actually mentioning it.

It's become obvious from your comments that you are not interested in watching Eli actually play the game and making a decision based upon that, whether you want to admit it or not all you care about are the results of his play...not the actual play itself....which is FINE...but the fact that you won't admit it is frustrating.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</P>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</P>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</P>

I didn't say that stats have no bearing. But they are only part of the story. And if you want to actually look at stats, at Eli's current rate, it will take many more pass attempts than Phil to match his passing total.</P>

And Eli has had Plaxico, Tiki, Nicks and Manningham. Phil had Earnest Gray, Phil Mconkey, Stephen Baker and Lionel Maunel.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

you don't have to quote the stats that you are using to formulate your opinion, your arguments make it clear with or without you actually mentioning it.

It's become obvious from your comments that you are not interested in watching Eli actually play the game and making a decision based upon that, whether you want to admit it or not all you care about are the results of his play...not the actual play itself....which is FINE...but the fact that you won't admit it is frustrating.
    [/quote]</P>

So when I say that Eli is playing very well this season, based on what I see on the field...I'm wrong?</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</p>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</p>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<u>greatest quarterbacks ever"</u> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</p>[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

ill throw monkey wrench in here. what about tittle?

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I didn't say that stats have no bearing. But they are only part of the story. And if you want to actually look at stats, at Eli's current rate, it will take many more pass attempts than Phil to match his passing total.</p>

And Eli has had Plaxico, Tiki, Nicks and Manningham. Phil had Earnest Gray, Phil Mconkey, Stephen Baker and Lionel Maunel.</p>[/quote]

47 less games started to this point and has 8000 less yards than simms, 28 less TDs to this point on a 1000 less attempts.

So in reality, 2 years form now Simm will have basically started a full season more, there will be a push in yards, Eli will have significantly more TDs, and push on attempts.

... and then he'll be 32 just probably at the height of his game
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<U>greatest quarterbacks ever"</U> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>

[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

[/quote]</P>

In my view he didn't play long enough with us. Nor did Tarkenton. Both are in the HOF but much or most of their accomplishments were with other teams.</P>

Larry Czonka is in the Hall but he's not in the conversation about the best Giants RB's.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

So when I say that Eli is playing very well this season, based on what I see on the field...I'm wrong?</p>[/quote]

in a sense you actually are since you think you see a huge difference ocmpared to last year. The stats look better this year - but the play does not look that much different. So basically you SAY its based on what u see on the field, but we know its not

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

But it's not like we're discussing "<u>greatest quarterbacks ever"</u> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</p>[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

[/quote]

two things make Title not even allowed in the convo:

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

2) He was only a Giant for 4 years

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

But it's not like we're discussing "<U>greatest quarterbacks ever"</U> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>

[/quote]</P>

4 years is not enough to be in the coversation. </P>

He did have a great 3 years though.</P>

Here's another guy who should be mentioned, Charlie Conerly ( not best all time Giant qb, but a good player for a long time)</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

two things make Title not even allowed in the convo:

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

2) He was only a Giant for 4 years
    [/quote]</P>

You know the game isn't that much different than in YA's time. Yes the rules are a bit different but those guys could play. And I assume you were kiddingwith the "leatherhead" comment.</P>