Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</P>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</P>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</P>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</P>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<U>greatest quarterbacks ever"</U> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</P>

[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

ill throw monkey wrench in here. what about tittle?
    [/quote]

two things make Title not even allowed in the convo:

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

2) He was only a Giant for 4 years
    [/quote]</P>

I feel like Manning and Simms are the only 2 qualified people in the debate due to the tenure at their position, and on this team.
    Simms right now, yes....but considering Eli has plenttttyyyy of years left in the tank, Simms will be a distant 2nd by the end of Eli's career.</P>

[/quote]</P>

But it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil. With far superior weapons and favorable rules.</P>

Phil retired with an all time great 7.2 yards per attempt in his career. One of the highest of alltime. Parcells used to say that YPA is the best way to guage a QB's effectiveness.</P>

[/quote]

to pass simms with what?
    [/quote]</P>

Passing yards</P>

[/quote]

thats actually not true - i already pulled the stats out for you. If he goes on pace the way hes been it will be a push yards and attempts. Only difference is that Eli will still be 32 and that was for Simms whole career
    [/quote]</P>

Phil averaged 7.2 yards per attempt. Eli is averaging 6.9.</P>

Do they teach math in the New Jersey school system? Thank God Chris Christie is there now.</P>

Hahahahaha!!</P>

[/quote]

no but they def teach reading comprehension and you said PASSING YARDS not YARDS PER ATTEMPT

wicked fail boston boy
    [/quote]</P>

Uh...Matt? Are you OK man? </P>

I said it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil in yards. You said that it wasn't true. Yards per attempt is the only stat relevant to that.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Do the Thursday night games effect the gmb league in any way?
    [/quote]
    Oh yeah LT. If you have any Chargers or Raiders they go on Thursday night. Check Morehead's team. It gets fun when we get the Thurs and Sat games cause you have to decide and get your lineup set before Thursday if you have those players who play in the games. If not you just set your line up as normal.
    [/quote]You da man! Thanks

Nugget from new NFL CBA:

Franchise Tag calculation no longer top 5
    salaries of prior year; now top 5 salaries of prior 5 years!

Lower #s.

[quote user="dezzzR"]

</p>

"The Giants are the real deal and if you don't believe me...well..I will
    round house kick your soul out of your chest..."</p>

</p>

</p>

thats real by the way. lol
    </p>[/quote]lol-My wife's cousin fought Chuck Norris in competition. Norris beat him, but it went the distance

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]but I am saying the whole "MOOREHEAD WATCHED THE GAMES AND THATS HOW HE KNOWS" argument has really taken a beating with your most recent stances on Eli
    [/quote]</p>

yea....i realized that with last winter's Larry Bird debate. lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

Show me where I have said anything like that in this debate.</p>

Until then, you have no leg to stand on.</p>

[/quote]

well actually isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing though? You just tried to say stats had no bearing on it...

Its all based on what you watch out of Simms and Eli. You say Simms lack of stats don't tell the story and Eli's awesome stats don't tell the story....
    [/quote]</p>

I dont really feel the need to justify continuing this debate really, i mean I GUESS i know where he's coming from sometimes, because like last winter's debate, i know NOBODY is nearly as good as michael jordan, and likely ppl will only come close....
    But it's not like we're discussing "<u>greatest quarterbacks ever"</u> cuz Simms isnt near that list obviously.</p>

[/quote]were arguing greatest giants qb ever.

ill throw monkey wrench in here. what about tittle?
    [/quote]

two things make Title not even allowed in the convo:

1) I just can't bring Leatherheads into the convo. It was a COMPLETE different game then

2) He was only a Giant for 4 years
    [/quote]</p>

I feel like Manning and Simms are the only 2 qualified people in the debate due to the tenure at their position, and on this team.
    Simms right now, yes....but considering Eli has plenttttyyyy of years left in the tank, Simms will be a distant 2nd by the end of Eli's career.</p>

[/quote]</p>

But it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil. With far superior weapons and favorable rules.</p>

Phil retired with an all time great 7.2 yards per attempt in his career. One of the highest of alltime. Parcells used to say that YPA is the best way to guage a QB's effectiveness.</p>

[/quote]

to pass simms with what?
    [/quote]</p>

Passing yards</p>

[/quote]

thats actually not true - i already pulled the stats out for you. If he goes on pace the way hes been it will be a push yards and attempts. Only difference is that Eli will still be 32 and that was for Simms whole career
    [/quote]</p>

Phil averaged 7.2 yards per attempt. Eli is averaging 6.9.</p>

Do they teach math in the New Jersey school system? Thank God Chris Christie is there now.</p>

Hahahahaha!!</p>

[/quote]

no but they def teach reading comprehension and you said PASSING YARDS not YARDS PER ATTEMPT

wicked fail boston boy
    [/quote]</p>

Uh...Matt? Are you OK man? </p>

I said it will take Eli more attempts to pass Phil in yards. You said that it wasn't true. Yards per attempt is the only stat relevant to that.</p>[/quote]

ah brain fart for a half second

but even still - my original response holds true, if he Eli stays on the pace hes been throwing the past 2.5 years for the next 2 years he will push. He will also be 32 by the time that happens and have played a full season less of starts compared to Simms whole career.

2009 7.9
    2010 7.4
    2011 8.5

Phil had 33262 yards in 4647 attempts. Thats 7.2 yards/attempt.</P>

With Eli's current rate at 6.9 yards per attempt, he with reach 33460 yards with 4850 attempt. More than 200 more than Phil.</P>

All of this with relaxed rules for passing and with Eli having far superior weapons to work with.</P>

I couldn't even imagine what Phil could have done with Plaxico Burress for 5 years.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"]

</p>

"The Giants are the real deal and if you don't believe me...well..I will
    round house kick your soul out of your chest..."</p>

</p>

</p>

thats real by the way. lol
    </p>[/quote]lol-My wife's cousin fought Chuck Norris in competition. Norris beat him, but it went the distance

[/quote]lmao. hahahaha

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <div class="report">

Roy Helu played on 64-of-67 offensive snaps in Sunday's loss to the 49ers.</p></div>
    <div class="impact">Helu is ready to take this starting job and run with it. Coach Mike Shanahan is already on the record saying <font color="#0000ff">Ryan Torain will only come on when the rookie gets tired</font>, so we can expect this kind of monstrous snap count on a weekly basis. And with John Beck content to just check it down regularly, Helu has major PPR upside. The fourth-round pick is an exceptional route-runner and pass-catcher out of the backfield.

LOL
    </div>

[/quote]

could I of been ANYMORE spot on?
    [/quote]

Yeah...Hightower could have not been injured, you had no idea Helu was gonna take the job...neither did I but don't claim you did you thought it was Hightowers.
    [/quote]</p>

he definitely did this it was Hightower.
    prior to the season, he said he drafted Hightower in multiple leagues and said that he was very high on him this year. lol</p>[/quote]

lol I wa sall over Hightower and when he went down i said Shanahan loves Helu and Torrain is nothing...

if Hightower was healthy, he'd still be the man and both of them would be backups but Helu would be hawking series away from him
    [/quote]

if Hightower was still healthy Helu never would have gotten a chance, it would still be a split between the Hightower and Torrian (with the advantage to Torrain in carries)

Did he or didn't he? I say nay

John Lennon's tooth sold for $31,200 at auction. lol

How would it be to have that much money to blow....