Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

it was never between Torrain and Hightower.[/quote]

Yes it was, I have the PM if you want it, it was specificly between Torrain and Hightower....Torrain stole Hightowers job, Hightower was not getting it back...Helu stole it from both of them.

But seeing as it was always Hightower vs Torrain from the beginning I win, he got more carries, you are lucky you get to take the injury clause.

[/quote]

yes i know - THAT was the dumb bet u made.... thats what YOU thought

but the reality of it is that the FIRST game that Torrain got in, Hightower injured his shoulder and didn't return and that was vs the rams

the following week Hightower suited up, but didn't play - BECAUSE OF THE INJURY vs the Eagles

Then Hightower came back VS THE PANTHERS and Torrain didn't get a touch and Hightower had 17 in the first half. Its also the game he went down for the year

you were just completely wrong and off - like I told you at the time

<div id="cp1_ctrlPlayerNews_rptBlurbs_floatingcontainer _10" style="width: 460px; float: left;">
    <div class="report">

Redskins
    coach Mike Shanahan said after Sunday's loss that Tim Hightower didn't
    play against the Eagles because of his injured shoulder.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Hightower was questionable coming into the game, and ended up without a
    touch while playing third fiddle, or "emergency back," behind Ryan
    Torain and Roy Helu. Hightower didn't even play a snap. He's going to
    be dropped in a lot of fantasy leagues this week, presumably, and for
    good reason. Look for Torain and Helu to continue to lead the backfield
    in Week 7 against Carolina.

-------
    </div>
    <div class="info">

<div class="clearboth"> </div><div id="cp1_ctrlPlayerNews_rptBlurbs_floatingcontainer _4" style="width: 460px; float: left;">
    <div class="report">

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan revealed that Tim Hightower suffered a shoulder injury early in Sunday's win over St. Louis.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    The extent is unknown. Shanahan also said Sunday night that Hightower
    was banged up in practice last week, leading to more carries for Ryan
    Torain. Hightower only carried the football once in the second half
    against the Rams. We suspect the injury isn't serious, but it certainly
    could affect his playing time. </div>
    <div class="info">

<div class="clearboth"> </div>
    <div class="source">Source: Washington Post </div><div class="date">Oct 3 - 4:42 PM</div>
    </div>
    </div></div>
    </div>

Fear the name, appreciate the game

<div class="report">

Emmanuel Sanders underwent arthroscopic knee
    surgery Monday and is expected to be sidelined "a couple of weeks,"
    according to coach Mike Tomlin.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Knee scopes aren't major surgeries, but we'd be
    surprised to see Sanders back before Week 12 or 13. For a guy that
    relies on speed, it's a concern. Antonio Brown will remain the
    every-down outside receiver opposite Mike Wallace, with Hines Ward
    manning the slot. Brown's status as a high-upside WR3 continues
    indefinitely.
    </div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>
    <div class="impact">
    indefinitely.
    </div>[/quote]

Brown was starting over Ward regardless if there were 2 or 3 WRs out on the field. Ward was only in over Brown in 2 WR sets in situational downs

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Phil had 33262 yards in 4647 attempts. Thats 7.2 yards/attempt.</P>

With Eli's current rate at 6.9 yards per attempt, he with reach 33460 yards with 4850 attempt. More than 200 more than Phil.</P>

All of this with relaxed rules for passing and with Eli having far superior weapons to work with.</P>

I couldn't even imagine what Phil could have done with Plaxico Burress for 5 years.</P>

[/quote]

your averaging his whole career and making the stupid assumption that he'll main tain his averages from like 04. We'll talk 1000 attempts from now and see where he is. I bet it will be at about a push and then he'll still be in the twilight of his career. It won't even be close

Simms never had to face defenses that are out there now. Granted he may not of had the weapons, but he also never developed any. He may of taken viciouis hits, but he also missed 75 games out of the 15 years he played.

Its not a knock on Eli that hes going to of played the same amount of games and throws as Simms in less than 2/3s the time it took Simm, its actually something to praise
    [/quote]</P>

Not an unfair point but his raw numbers are very similar to Phil when he has had greater weapons and plays in a much passer friendly era.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>
    <div class="impact">
    indefinitely.
    </div>[/quote] well I guess ill be dropping sanders on my 1 team
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Phil had 33262 yards in 4647 attempts. Thats 7.2 yards/attempt.</p>

With Eli's current rate at 6.9 yards per attempt, he with reach 33460 yards with 4850 attempt. More than 200 more than Phil.</p>

All of this with relaxed rules for passing and with Eli having far superior weapons to work with.</p>

I couldn't even imagine what Phil could have done with Plaxico Burress for 5 years.</p>

[/quote]

your averaging his whole career and making the stupid assumption that he'll main tain his averages from like 04. We'll talk 1000 attempts from now and see where he is. I bet it will be at about a push and then he'll still be in the twilight of his career. It won't even be close

Simms never had to face defenses that are out there now. Granted he may not of had the weapons, but he also never developed any. He may of taken viciouis hits, but he also missed 75 games out of the 15 years he played.

Its not a knock on Eli that hes going to of played the same amount of games and throws as Simms in less than 2/3s the time it took Simm, its actually something to praise
    [/quote]</p>

Not an unfair point but his raw numbers are very similar to Phil when he has had greater weapons and plays in a much passer friendly era.</p>[/quote]

I just think thats juts not as true of a statement as you would suggest.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ar_by_year.htm

just a list of the passing leaders throughout time

I think there is ajump in passing obviously but I just don't think its anywhere near as severe as you suggest.

And plus your talking about spreading Simm's numbers out over an extra 5 seasons than it will take Eli..

Hey Utah offer sent....help a brotha' out ...lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Phil had 33262 yards in 4647 attempts. Thats 7.2 yards/attempt.</P>

With Eli's current rate at 6.9 yards per attempt, he with reach 33460 yards with 4850 attempt. More than 200 more than Phil.</P>

All of this with relaxed rules for passing and with Eli having far superior weapons to work with.</P>

I couldn't even imagine what Phil could have done with Plaxico Burress for 5 years.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Not an unfair point but his raw numbers are very similar to Phil when he has had greater weapons and plays in a much passer friendly era.</P>

[/quote]

I just think thats juts not as true of a statement as you would suggest.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ar_by_year.htm

just a list of the passing leaders throughout time

I think there is ajump in passing obviously but I just don't think its anywhere near as severe as you suggest.

And plus your talking about spreading Simm's numbers out over an extra 5 seasons than it will take Eli..

[/quote]</P>

Thats because Phil tore up his knee in 80 and then again in 81. I was at that game which was a pre season game vs. the Jets. The fans cheered as he laid in the endzone. You think Eli has it tough with the fans. Then in 83 he got his hand stuck in Carl Hairston's facemask and dislocated his finger and missed that season. In his first injury free season in 1984 he threw for 4000 yards with ne O line and no WR's. Two years later he had the best SB in history. So he unfortunately missed most of the first 5 seasons of his career.</P>

But Phil was undeterred. Phil was resiliant. He overcame injuries and cruel fans to become the greatest QB in Giants history.</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

According to the Oakland Tribune's Steve Corkran, "chances are" Darren McFadden (foot) will not play on Thursday night against San Diego.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>McFadden, who hasn't even resumed running, did not participate in Monday's Wednesday-like practice walkthrough and is expected to be replaced by Michael Bush and Taiwan Jones against the Chargers. According to Corkran, McFadden "still hasn't so much as gone out for a leisurely jog" since suffering a mid-foot sprain on October 23. After Thursday night, the Raiders' next game is on November 20, giving McFadden nearly a full month of off time. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Hurray !!!!!!</P>

[quote user="shocknaweny"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

According to the Oakland Tribune's Steve Corkran, "chances are" Darren McFadden (foot) will not play on Thursday night against San Diego.</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=impact>McFadden, who hasn't even resumed running, did not participate in Monday's Wednesday-like practice walkthrough and is expected to be replaced by Michael Bush and Taiwan Jones against the Chargers. According to Corkran, McFadden "still hasn't so much as gone out for a leisurely jog" since suffering a mid-foot sprain on October 23. After Thursday night, the Raiders' next game is on November 20, giving McFadden nearly a full month of off time. </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Hurray !!!!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Guess I'm going with Rivers this week at home vs. Oakland. Stafford is at the Bears.</P>