All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

I'm down with smaller rosters...I think THAT actually makes drafting more important...at the moment I don't even consider Bye Weeks when picking players because...who cares I'll have a suitable back up for everyone, if I knew that that wasn't gonna be the case I would have to take that into account....although still only a little cause I could still trade like I did last week when Cam and Peterson were out.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Jeez Byron...You snap up a player that you will never start just so no one else can have him?</p>

Maybe Pizz is right, the benches are too big.</p>

[/quote]</p>

haha, i love it.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Of course I would never threaten to quit if I don't get my way.</p>

There's the difference.</p>

[/quote]</p>

lol, that was just one of the reasons, the setup.....the main reason is the fighting. I mean, im competetive, but it's still a game. and i hate to see everyone *****ing all the time.
    It was a combination of the things really</p>

[/quote]

well then the real reason is pizz is just too much of a softie. We **** talk and basically know each other off of football so there was no way that if everybody got into fantasy that it wouldn't be cut throat.

BUT I am in this league on CBS and we have SMALL BENCHES. Not for nothing I've had the worst case of injuries at my RB spots. Jamal Charles, Tim Hightower , Ryan Mathews, and Danny Woodhead.

I've been able to pickup legit FA RBs every week and go wtih them and i've been able to be in the top 4 all year. THATS what I hate about small benches. The fact that I have been able to pickup last minute and sign Michael Bush, Earnest Graham, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Ladanian Tomlinson, Torrain, Helu, and Redman (when Mendy was down). Literally - they have all been in my starting lineups at one point this season

Not only that but somebody cut Mario and I scooped him and I was able to trade him for Gates like week 4. I HAAATE small benches. That type of talent should NEVER hit the FA wire. And like I saidwith big benches, you have zero excuse to not handcuff players
    [/quote]</p>

so youre comparing Jamal Charles to Ladanian Tomlinson and Earnest Graham? lol ok....
    If someone cut Mario instead of benching him, than you play with a bunch of idiots. dont blame that on bench size.
    and in regards to handcuffing...
    What makes you think you guarantee yourself your backups?! its not a given! ever...</p>[/quote]

palleaase... MOST teams it is a given

especially whatever case u were up in arms about last year. Was it the backup to Gore i think? I mean you had an injury prone back and you didn't go for insurance. That was your bad.

Regardless, Pappy is upset because he had Earl Bennett taken from him. A big part of fantasy is foresight, if your success is depending on you having a random waiver wire pickup in week 10 then its your bad. Earl Bennet has been a FA ALL YEAR
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"]I'm down with smaller rosters...I think THAT actually makes drafting more important...at the moment I don't even consider Bye Weeks when picking players because...who cares I'll have a suitable back up for everyone, if I knew that that wasn't gonna be the case I would have to take that into account....although still only a little cause I could still trade like I did last week when Cam and Peterson were out.
    [/quote]

i disagree. Once injuries happen you can ALWAYS find a pluggable replacement. We'll vote on it next year lijke we do ever year.

A different stratagy isn't the same as a better stratagy.

You wouldn't care EVEN STILL because there would be more talent for u to just drop and pickup week to week.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You wouldn't care EVEN STILL because there would be more talent for u to just drop and pickup week to week.
    [/quote]

there must be something wrong with me today because I can't refute this, good point.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You wouldn't care EVEN STILL because there would be more talent for u to just drop and pickup week to week.
    [/quote]

there must be something wrong with me today because I can't refute this, good point.
    [/quote]

cuz its true. I mean both ways has its flaws obviously but look at my CBS league example. With the injuries i've had at RB, theres no way I should be able to just pickup legit RBs every week or other week. I should be out. When you have your top 4 RBs out you shouldn't be able to field legit RBs without trading

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Jeez Byron...You snap up a player that you will never start just so no one else can have him?</p>

Maybe Pizz is right, the benches are too big.</p>

[/quote]</p>

haha, i love it.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Of course I would never threaten to quit if I don't get my way.</p>

There's the difference.</p>[/quote]

i like the bigger bench cause im always catching the injury bug.

dirty sanchez

[quote user="dezzzR"]i like the bigger bench cause im always catching the injury bug.
    [/quote]

exactly - with the bigger bench, Moorehead has no reason to complain

Now I know I sniped Crabtree last week and I guess it happened two weeks in a row to where hes upset but with the bigger benches he should have players comparable to Bennett already and if he didn't then oh well.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You wouldn't care EVEN STILL because there would be more talent for u to just drop and pickup week to week.
    [/quote]

[/quote]lol-give it a couple of hours