Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]</p>

yea, it's extremely disturbing....youre right. Unfathomable is a good description.

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</p>

[/quote]

it is gross

The thing that isn't really sitting well with me is that Joe PAterno is being roasted. NOt that it isn't deserved but essentially he did the same thing, that the guy who saw this did.

The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police

Joe-Pa reported it to his superior - no police.

not saying that was the right thing, but lets make sure we're putting the guy who saw it happen in the same catagory as Joe Pa - wherever you put him.

And honestly Joe Pa didn't see anything, so he almost had to be diplomatic and follow the chain of command, but the dude who saw it should of been at the police station that night
    [/quote]</p>

you cant be serious man...
    if someone told you something of that magnitude, something that absoultely terrible....youre saying you would tell your boss? **** no....you report it to who does the real investigating: the police.

If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral.</p>[/quote]

your reading comprehension isn't on today, your 0/2 lol

I personally hold Joe Pa responsibile as well. BUT my thing is that the guy who saw it and reported it to Joe Pa is actually worse than Joe Pa.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Exactly, **** being at the police station that night. Call 911 immediately and catch the sick **** red handed. Even Joe said with hindsight he should have done more to fulfill his moral obligation. The guy who saw it still works at Penn St to. He is the WR's coach. How can he stay there? How can he look at that Sandusky guy knowing what he did and talk to him. If I saw a guy sodomizing a 10 year old boy in the shower I would ****en kill him, let alone not say or do anything and still maintain a relationship with the guy. It's just so bad in every aspect. That school will never be the same and they need to fire everyone that was even slightly involved. It's only going to get worse to. Wait until more kids step up and you start hearing more stories. The kids are heroes for coming forward. It would be so embarrassing and so hard to admit that a grown man did that to you.
    [/quote]

I didn't know that guy was still at Penn State. I could see the hesitation after the first instance from Joe-Pa, because he doesn't know if this guy who told him really saw it or has some ulterior motives. I mean if Sandusky DIDNT do it and Joe Pa made this public and went ape **** not only does he ruin Sanduskys life but he also brings hell to himself...

BUT there was plenty of time to get to the bottom of it. Theres no way you could of kept them both around and just accepted it. Thats how you know hes guilty. Plus this happened more than once correct?
    [/quote]
    8 men who were boys have came forward. There will be more that come forward as well. He has over 40 charges against him. Yes, he did it multiple times to multiple kids. He had full access to all the facilities because of his charity work. He is a predator and prays on these weak kids. It is so horrible. I have a problem with you saying you could see the hesitation, it is his moral responsibility as a coach to look into everything whether false or not. That is why he is resigning but I do feel bad for the guy. All the good he has done over decades is all wiped out by this. His reputation will be tarnished forever. If someone tells you they see something like that, you go to the AD and he doesn't do anything because he doesn't want to deal with the backlash then he should have gone to the police. We all know why he didn't but it's no excuse.

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral[/quote]

Their "might" be legal ramifications in doing so (on your part I mean slander/defamation of character are the first things that comes to mind)....but I can't imagine that being an issue in my mind, if you believe something is happening you have a moral obligation...just as a human being, to make sure the situation is addressed.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police[/quote]

Guy was worried about losing his job, he said he discussed it with his fellow co-workers and they told him that if he reported it they would all be fired, he did report it to his superior anyhow (who should have brought it to the police) but the superior was also afraid and handed the Janitor a compliant form and asked him to take care of it himself.

all of the stuff I said above is pointless, how do you not stop that as soon as you see it, how do you not either take care of the situation yourself that second or at least call the 9/11 immediately.

I hope that's what I would do in that situation...and I think it is.
    [/quote]

yea that guy really bothers me more than anything. THats not a discussion to have.

Joe Pa has to at LEAST take into consideration that this is possibly some sort of personal vendetta from this WRs coach. What if Sandusky is innocent?

I mean I hear ya, now that we have all the info and its been so long theres noexcuse.

JUST saying that at the time, somebody is saying one of ur best friend just raped a kid and u've never seen that before, I really hate to say that I doubt everybody would be running to the cops on first word. I just dont think thats true. Not to say that eventually they shouldnt or what not.

But again, at the end of the day, besides Sandusky the guy I take more issue with is the WR coach who actually saw this go down. To everybody else its speculation, but he witnessed it

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]i like the bigger bench cause im always catching the injury bug.
    [/quote]

exactly - with the bigger bench, Moorehead has no reason to complain

Now I know I sniped Crabtree last week and I guess it happened two weeks in a row to where hes upset but with the bigger benches he should have players comparable to Bennett already and if he didn't then oh well.
    [/quote]</P>

My search for a third WR is akin to the Soviets search for the elusive "warm weather port" and just as important. Its been going on all season.</P>

So little Morehead runs down the stairs this morning in anticipation that my long searched for goal has been achieved. My only fear was that G would snag him. It never occured to me that Byron would give the guy a second thought.....Oh well. Byron ruined Christmas. And now he must pay.</P>

[/quote]early bird gets the worm.
    [/quote]</P>

No...he had the lower waiver pick. Point is that he saved that pick all season so he could rise to #1 and used in on a WR who is the #6 WR on his roster.</P>

If you go on the FA list and ask yourself.."where are all the WR's?" The answer is that they're all on Byron's team.</P>

Mark down this day...This is the end of Byron's reign this season.</P>

[/quote]ha-I have to give Byron credit for thinking ahead and waiting patiently. Sorry MH
    [/quote]</P>

Of course. But its fun to make a big deal about it. Competing and then having a venue to talk about it with fellow competitors is what makes this league great. Sorry Pizz, I know you hate confrontation. I love it.</P>

My team will rise and defeat all those who dare challenge it.</P>

Lawl is my victim this week. (I actually feel badly because he has fought the good fight against the Cultists) But he is in my way.</P>

[/quote]I am now a member of Chris's street team yummyandthe underdogs [Y]
    [/quote]</P>

Thanks a lot LT. If you get a chance to go onto our Old Guns site, that would be great too.</P>

I really do appreciate the support.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]</p>

yea, it's extremely disturbing....youre right. Unfathomable is a good description.

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</p>

[/quote]

it is gross

The thing that isn't really sitting well with me is that Joe PAterno is being roasted. NOt that it isn't deserved but essentially he did the same thing, that the guy who saw this did.

not saying that was the right thing, but lets make sure we're putting the guy who saw it happen in the same catagory as Joe Pa - wherever you put him.

And honestly Joe Pa didn't see anything, so he almost had to be diplomatic and follow the chain of command, but the dude who saw it should of been at the police station that night
    [/quote]</p>

if someone told you something of that magnitude, something that absoultely terrible....youre saying you would tell your boss? **** no....you report it to who does the real investigating: the police.

If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral.</p>[/quote]

I personally hold Joe Pa responsibile as well. BUT my thing is that the guy who saw it and reported it to Joe Pa is actually worse than Joe Pa.
    [/quote]
    It is no worse, only difference is Joe Pa didn't see it. They both knew something happened and they both passed the buck without ever following up. The guy that saw it should have called the cops immediately, when Joe Pa found out he should have called the cops immediately and when the AD found out he should have done the same thing. Everyone is just as much at fault in my opinion and that is why the house needs to be cleaned. Everyone involved still works there. It happened in the showers in the locker room. They pass by that room every day of their life. How did the guy who originally saw it block that out. Every time he walked by the showers he would have to see it in his mind. I guess having a successful college program and money is more important than morals. I hope this guy gets the death penalty. It's always these big powerful guys who think they are above it all and abuse the power.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police[/quote]

Guy was worried about losing his job, he said he discussed it with his fellow co-workers and they told him that if he reported it they would all be fired, he did report it to his superior anyhow (who should have brought it to the police) but the superior was also afraid and handed the Janitor a compliant form and asked him to take care of it himself.

all of the stuff I said above is pointless, how do you not stop that as soon as you see it, how do you not either take care of the situation yourself that second or at least call the 9/11 immediately.

I hope that's what I would do in that situation...and I think it is.
    [/quote]

yea that guy really bothers me more than anything. THats not a discussion to have.

Joe Pa has to at LEAST take into consideration that this is possibly some sort of personal vendetta from this WRs coach. What if Sandusky is innocent?

I mean I hear ya, now that we have all the info and its been so long theres noexcuse.

JUST saying that at the time, somebody is saying one of ur best friend just raped a kid and u've never seen that before, I really hate to say that I doubt everybody would be running to the cops on first word. I just dont think thats true. Not to say that eventually they shouldnt or what not.

But again, at the end of the day, besides Sandusky the guy I take more issue with is the WR coach who actually saw this go down. To everybody else its speculation, but he witnessed it
    [/quote]</P>

Joe Pa is the only HC for Penn State that I have ever known. And that is a long *** time.</P>

I remember the backfield of Franco Harris and Lydell Mitchell. Maybe the greatest RB tandem in NCAA history. I remember Jon Hufnegel (our old coach) as the QB for Penn State. All under Joe Pa.</P>

What a terrible way to end a legacy.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Exactly, **** being at the police station that night. Call 911 immediately and catch the sick **** red handed. Even Joe said with hindsight he should have done more to fulfill his moral obligation. The guy who saw it still works at Penn St to. He is the WR's coach. How can he stay there? How can he look at that Sandusky guy knowing what he did and talk to him. If I saw a guy sodomizing a 10 year old boy in the shower I would ****en kill him, let alone not say or do anything and still maintain a relationship with the guy. It's just so bad in every aspect. That school will never be the same and they need to fire everyone that was even slightly involved. It's only going to get worse to. Wait until more kids step up and you start hearing more stories. The kids are heroes for coming forward. It would be so embarrassing and so hard to admit that a grown man did that to you.
    [/quote]

I didn't know that guy was still at Penn State. I could see the hesitation after the first instance from Joe-Pa, because he doesn't know if this guy who told him really saw it or has some ulterior motives. I mean if Sandusky DIDNT do it and Joe Pa made this public and went ape **** not only does he ruin Sanduskys life but he also brings hell to himself...

BUT there was plenty of time to get to the bottom of it. Theres no way you could of kept them both around and just accepted it. Thats how you know hes guilty. Plus this happened more than once correct?
    [/quote]
    8 men who were boys have came forward. There will be more that come forward as well. He has over 40 charges against him. Yes, he did it multiple times to multiple kids. He had full access to all the facilities because of his charity work. He is a predator and prays on these weak kids. It is so horrible. I have a problem with you saying you could see the hesitation, it is his moral responsibility as a coach to look into everything whether false or not. That is why he is resigning but I do feel bad for the guy. All the good he has done over decades is all wiped out by this. His reputation will be tarnished forever. If someone tells you they see something like that, you go to the AD and he doesn't do anything because he doesn't want to deal with the backlash then he should have gone to the police. We all know why he didn't but it's no excuse.
    [/quote]

i agree but thats hindsight

at the time - how many of those cases were known? Like I said I don't know all the ins and outs of this story. All I heard is that the only case Joe Pa knew about was the time that WRs coach saw it happena nd brought it forward.

You absolutely could see it. How do u know this guy that came forward isn't some ****in looney looking to ruin peoples lives.

his reputation won't be tarnished at PEnn State. **** man, even after all this came out there were still people rallying at his house in support

So wait Joe Pa took it to the AD and he said hes not going to the police with it?

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

it is gross

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]
    It is no worse, only difference is Joe Pa didn't see it. They both knew something happened and they both passed the buck without ever following up. The guy that saw it should have called the cops immediately, when Joe Pa found out he should have called the cops immediately and when the AD found out he should have done the same thing. Everyone is just as much at fault in my opinion and that is why the house needs to be cleaned. Everyone involved still works there. It happened in the showers in the locker room. They pass by that room every day of their life. How did the guy who originally saw it block that out. Every time he walked by the showers he would have to see it in his mind. I guess having a successful college program and money is more important than morals. I hope this guy gets the death penalty. It's always these big powerful guys who think they are above it all and abuse the power.
    [/quote]

its ten times worse

One guy KNOWS it happened

another guy HEARD it happened.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</P>

[/quote]

it is gross

[/quote]</P>

If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

yea but dude, they all have to be held accountable.</P>

honestly, who gives a **** about reporting to your superior!?!? all of them are ****ed up if they didnt report it to the police.

sure i GUESS 1 person is clearly more liable than the other....but it doesnt make it less WRONG.
    It's appauling either way =\</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....