Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]i like the bigger bench cause im always catching the injury bug.
    [/quote]

exactly - with the bigger bench, Moorehead has no reason to complain

Now I know I sniped Crabtree last week and I guess it happened two weeks in a row to where hes upset but with the bigger benches he should have players comparable to Bennett already and if he didn't then oh well.
    [/quote]</p>

My search for a third WR is akin to the Soviets search for the elusive "warm weather port" and just as important. Its been going on all season.</p>

So little Morehead runs down the stairs this morning in anticipation that my long searched for goal has been achieved. My only fear was that G would snag him. It never occured to me that Byron would give the guy a second thought.....Oh well. Byron ruined Christmas. And now he must pay.</p>

[/quote]early bird gets the worm.
    [/quote]</p>

No...he had the lower waiver pick. Point is that he saved that pick all season so he could rise to #1 and used in on a WR who is the #6 WR on his roster.</p>

If you go on the FA list and ask yourself.."where are all the WR's?" The answer is that they're all on Byron's team.</p>

Mark down this day...This is the end of Byron's reign this season.</p>

[/quote]ha-I have to give Byron credit for thinking ahead and waiting patiently. Sorry MH
    [/quote]</p>

Of course. But its fun to make a big deal about it. Competing and then having a venue to talk about it with fellow competitors is what makes this league great. Sorry Pizz, I know you hate confrontation. I love it.</p>

My team will rise and defeat all those who dare challenge it.</p>

Lawl is my victim this week. (I actually feel badly because he has fought the good fight against the Cultists) But he is in my way.</p>[/quote]I am now a member of Chris's street team yummyandthe underdogs [Y]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]It is very disturbing. How did they get these kids on the campus? I havnt been following it to closely. Its always been bad, they would just sweep it under the rug when we were younger. I dont think I dont think I would be able to control my temper if something like this ever happened to someone in my family.
    [/quote]I was thinking the same thing-how did 10 yrs old end up inthe shower there? I think this Sandusky guy ran these charities--that's somehow connected to him luring the kids in there. It's sick stuff--makes you wake up and take every measure to protect your kids as best you can

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]</p>

yea, it's extremely disturbing....youre right. Unfathomable is a good description.

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</p>[/quote]

it is gross

The thing that isn't really sitting well with me is that Joe PAterno is being roasted. NOt that it isn't deserved but essentially he did the same thing, that the guy who saw this did.

The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police

Joe-Pa reported it to his superior - no police.

not saying that was the right thing, but lets make sure we're putting the guy who saw it happen in the same catagory as Joe Pa - wherever you put him.

And honestly Joe Pa didn't see anything, so he almost had to be diplomatic and follow the chain of command, but the dude who saw it should of been at the police station that night
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]It is very disturbing. How did they get these kids on the campus? I havnt been following it to closely. Its always been bad, they would just sweep it under the rug when we were younger. I dont think I dont think I would be able to control my temper if something like this ever happened to someone in my family.
    [/quote]I was thinking the same thing-how did 10 yrs old end up inthe shower there? I think this Sandusky guy ran these charities--that's somehow connected to him luring the kids in there. It's sick stuff--makes you wake up and take every measure to protect your kids as best you can
    [/quote]

yea I haven't followed the story completely, but apparently he had this charity where he'd take underprivilidged kids and hook them up with field passes and sports swag

Exactly, **** being at the police station that night. Call 911 immediately and catch the sick **** red handed. Even Joe said with hindsight he should have done more to fulfill his moral obligation. The guy who saw it still works at Penn St to. He is the WR's coach. How can he stay there? How can he look at that Sandusky guy knowing what he did and talk to him. If I saw a guy sodomizing a 10 year old boy in the shower I would ****en kill him, let alone not say or do anything and still maintain a relationship with the guy. It's just so bad in every aspect. That school will never be the same and they need to fire everyone that was even slightly involved. It's only going to get worse to. Wait until more kids step up and you start hearing more stories. The kids are heroes for coming forward. It would be so embarrassing and so hard to admit that a grown man did that to you.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Exactly, **** being at the police station that night. Call 911 immediately and catch the sick **** red handed. Even Joe said with hindsight he should have done more to fulfill his moral obligation. The guy who saw it still works at Penn St to. He is the WR's coach. How can he stay there? How can he look at that Sandusky guy knowing what he did and talk to him. If I saw a guy sodomizing a 10 year old boy in the shower I would ****en kill him, let alone not say or do anything and still maintain a relationship with the guy. It's just so bad in every aspect. That school will never be the same and they need to fire everyone that was even slightly involved. It's only going to get worse to. Wait until more kids step up and you start hearing more stories. The kids are heroes for coming forward. It would be so embarrassing and so hard to admit that a grown man did that to you.
    [/quote]

I didn't know that guy was still at Penn State. I could see the hesitation after the first instance from Joe-Pa, because he doesn't know if this guy who told him really saw it or has some ulterior motives. I mean if Sandusky DIDNT do it and Joe Pa made this public and went ape **** not only does he ruin Sanduskys life but he also brings hell to himself...

BUT there was plenty of time to get to the bottom of it. Theres no way you could of kept them both around and just accepted it. Thats how you know hes guilty. Plus this happened more than once correct?

<div class="report">

Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) will practice Wednesday.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    It's a strong sign that Nicks will be ready to go
    for Sunday's game against the 49ers. Even though it will likely be a
    limited practice, Nicks' return today means his hamstring strain is of
    the Grade 1 variety. He'll resume his every-down role opposite Mario
    Manningham, moving impressive Victor Cruz back into the slot. Eli
    Manning is hot enough to make all three viable fantasy options weekly.
    </div>
    <div class="info">

<div class="clearboth"> </div>
    </div>
    Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) will not practice Wednesday.<div class="report">
    </div>
    <div class="impact">

Coach Tom Coughlin said Bradshaw is better than he
    was last week and is walking around. When asked if his starting running
    back will play Sunday, Coughlin said, "We'll see." Even if Bradshaw does
    end up active against the 49ers Sunday, he's unlikely to carry a full
    load. Stress fractures are highly susceptible to aggravation.
    </div>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]</P>

yea, it's extremely disturbing....youre right. Unfathomable is a good description.

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</P>

[/quote]

it is gross

The thing that isn't really sitting well with me is that Joe PAterno is being roasted. NOt that it isn't deserved but essentially he did the same thing, that the guy who saw this did.

The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police

Joe-Pa reported it to his superior - no police.

not saying that was the right thing, but lets make sure we're putting the guy who saw it happen in the same catagory as Joe Pa - wherever you put him.

And honestly Joe Pa didn't see anything, so he almost had to be diplomatic and follow the chain of command, but the dude who saw it should of been at the police station that night
    [/quote]</P>

you cant be serious man...
    if someone told you something of that magnitude, something that absoultely terrible....youre saying you would tell your boss? **** no....you report it to who does the real investigating: the police.

If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police[/quote]

Guy was worried about losing his job, he said he discussed it with his fellow co-workers and they told him that if he reported it they would all be fired, he did report it to his superior anyhow (who should have brought it to the police) but the superior was also afraid and handed the Janitor a compliant form and asked him to take care of it himself.

all of the stuff I said above is pointless, how do you not stop that as soon as you see it, how do you not either take care of the situation yourself that second or at least call the 9/11 immediately.

I hope that's what I would do in that situation...and I think it is.