Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This whole Penn St thing is absolutely disgusting and unfathomable to me. Who can you even trust with your kids in this world anymore? How can someone do that to children and get any possible enjoyment out of it. My daughter is 5 and I cringe to think of the predators out there and the things she will have to deal with in her future. I can only hope things go back to the way they were when we were growing up. The world seemed much more innocent then....
    [/quote]</p>

yea, it's extremely disturbing....youre right. Unfathomable is a good description.

I watched Sportscenter on my lunch break yesterday, and Matt Millen(PSU Alum)nearly broke down in tears while trying to discuss the topic. Truly terrible.</p>

[/quote]

it is gross

The thing that isn't really sitting well with me is that Joe PAterno is being roasted. NOt that it isn't deserved but essentially he did the same thing, that the guy who saw this did.

The guy who saw it, reported it to his superior - no police

Joe-Pa reported it to his superior - no police.

not saying that was the right thing, but lets make sure we're putting the guy who saw it happen in the same catagory as Joe Pa - wherever you put him.

And honestly Joe Pa didn't see anything, so he almost had to be diplomatic and follow the chain of command, but the dude who saw it should of been at the police station that night
    [/quote]</p>

you cant be serious man...
    if someone told you something of that magnitude, something that absoultely terrible....youre saying you would tell your boss? **** no....you report it to who does the real investigating: the police.

If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral.</p>[/quote]

your reading comprehension isn't on today, your 0/2 lol

I personally hold Joe Pa responsibile as well. BUT my thing is that the guy who saw it and reported it to Joe Pa is actually worse than Joe Pa.
    [/quote]
    It is no worse, only difference is Joe Pa didn't see it. They both knew something happened and they both passed the buck without ever following up. The guy that saw it should have called the cops immediately, when Joe Pa found out he should have called the cops immediately and when the AD found out he should have done the same thing. Everyone is just as much at fault in my opinion and that is why the house needs to be cleaned. Everyone involved still works there. It happened in the showers in the locker room. They pass by that room every day of their life. How did the guy who originally saw it block that out. Every time he walked by the showers he would have to see it in his mind. I guess having a successful college program and money is more important than morals. I hope this guy gets the death penalty. It's always these big powerful guys who think they are above it all and abuse the power.
    [/quote]

its ten times worse

One guy KNOWS it happened

another guy HEARD it happened.
    [/quote]
    You are starting to upset me. lol

He has to report it. So you heard a guy got shot and he is laying in the alley or you saw him get shot. So if you don't see it you are not going to report it?

So your nephew comes up to you and says my uncle touched me Matt and I didn't like it.

or

your nephew comes up to you and says my brother told me that dad touched him and he didn't like it.

How is that any ****ing different bro? You are not going to say anything since it's only hearsay?

You are walking a fine line here. It is your responsibility as a coach, mentor and above all a human being to say something regardless of the consequences. Furthermore, if you do say something which Joe Pa did and nothing happens then you can't sweep it under the rug. That is why his name will be tarnished forever and like I said earlier, it's only going to get worse once more stories start coming out.
    [/quote]

i don't mean to upset you but bottom line, its hearsay to Joe Pa. The example you brought up is something thats happening in the moment- something that joe pa could go outside and see.

Truth is that it was an allegation to Joe Pa, this guy saw it. <u>Why is HE goin to his supervisor about this? </u>
    Joe Pa played it right at first like I said. But the lack of reprocussion to Sandusky, or even if he didn't believe the WR coach the lack of reprocussion to him falls on Joe Pa.

If this guy had ran to Joe Pa's office while this guy was in the shower with the kid and did nothing, that would be a different story
    [/quote]because hes the head coach. the buck stops with him. imo anyway. the wr coach isnt going to risk his job going to the police and cause a media circus. he would never be trusted in a locker room again if the accusation turned out to be false. honestly i probably would of done the same thing and brought it up to the head coach. i would feel like the dean or whatever would take the head coach more seriously.
    [/quote]

you see something like that happen and u have any type of self respect or respect for mankind you go to the cops.

If he wanted to give Joe Pa a heads up before he went to the cops, thats fine. But to never bring it to the cops and stay working there and seeing sandusky, its unconceivable .

If possibly losing his job for reporting a rape isn't a respectable or valid excuse to let this guy destroy multiple childrens lives like this
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Maybe because I'm a parent I see it differently and have a hard time looking at it objectively.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]If someone ever told me that, immediately reported, i dont care if it's heresay....you cant ignore jsut because you dont think it's true, or w/e the case is.....it's immoral[/quote]

Their "might" be legal ramifications in doing so (on your part I mean slander/defamation of character are the first things that comes to mind)....but I can't imagine that being an issue in my mind, if you believe something is happening you have a moral obligation...just as a human being, to make sure the situation is addressed.
    [/quote]</P>

sorry, went to lunch and didnt respond to any of this.</P>

Daven, wouldnt this be an example of protection under the whole good samaritan laws?

And also, just because something was reported doesnt mean it goes public. In this scenario, due to it being a big name college it might, but in everyday life...people wouldnt know until there was a conviction imo....unless it was something to this scale, where this guy has been through the courts numerous times. </P>

idk....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    [/quote]</p>

dude you STILL have to report it!</p>

not only because it's unethical to not do so, but because it's you no longer have plausible deniability, therefore it's illegal to withhold that information.</p>[/quote]

Well thats actually factually not true. If this was done in a business setting and this was an official report at work (which I think it was) then Joe Pa followed protocal at the time. Joe Pa went wrong by letting it slip through the cracks.

But at the time, its not Joe Pa's place to report it to the cops officially. Thats why he will be cleared. He did he what he was suppose to do. But again as a human being, he did wrong

But either way, it goes back to the guy WHO SAW THE RAPE HAPPEN! HE went to his superior? Hes the guy that should of been on his cell calling 911
    [/quote]if the wr coach DID go to a superior, he really didnt do anything wrong imo. could he have done more? yea but you cant fault him for it. this isnt a normal situation.
    [/quote]
    You can't fault him for not doing more!?!? This is getting unreal you guys. Exacty! It isn't a normal situation, which is exactly why everyone should have gone to the police.
    [/quote]listen, its easy to sit here and say what we all would have done but we dont know the individuals. if im a wr coach, i hear/see this atrocious act, what do i do? do i go over my coach and straight to the police which could get me fired? do i go over my coach and go to the dean who may think im nuts with no proof which could also get me fired? or do i go to coach whos been here forever and let him go to the dean.

im sorry but i most likely would have done the same thing.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Maybe because I'm a parent I see it differently and have a hard time looking at it objectively.
    [/quote]

as a parent i can't see how ur not foaming out the mouth for the guy who saw it and didn't go to the police

or for the AD.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

not only because it's unethical to not do so, but because it's you no longer have plausible deniability, therefore it's illegal to withhold that information.</p>[/quote]

Well thats actually factually not true. If this was done in a business setting and this was an official report at work (which I think it was) then Joe Pa followed protocal at the time. Joe Pa went wrong by letting it slip through the cracks.

But at the time, its not Joe Pa's place to report it to the cops officially. Thats why he will be cleared. He did he what he was suppose to do. But again as a human being, he did wrong

But either way, it goes back to the guy WHO SAW THE RAPE HAPPEN! HE went to his superior? Hes the guy that should of been on his cell calling 911
    [/quote]if the wr coach DID go to a superior, he really didnt do anything wrong imo. could he have done more? yea but you cant fault him for it. this isnt a normal situation.
    [/quote]
    You can't fault him for not doing more!?!? This is getting unreal you guys. Exacty! It isn't a normal situation, which is exactly why everyone should have gone to the police.
    [/quote]listen, its easy to sit here and say what we all would have done but we dont know the individuals. if im a wr coach, i hear/see this atrocious act, what do i do? do i go over my coach and straight to the police which could get me fired? do i go over my coach and go to the dean who may think im nuts with no proof which could also get me fired? or do i go to coach whos been here forever and let him go to the dean.

[/quote]

no offense, i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag. Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]sorry, went to lunch and didnt respond to any of this.

Daven, wouldnt this be an example of protection under the whole good samaritan laws?[/quote]</p>

</p>

In my experience nothing is black and white, you can use the good samaritan law to support your claim that you did nothing wrong...but that doesn't pay you're legal fee's if the opposing party decides to go after you.
    </p>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

no offense, <u>i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag.</u> Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind
    [/quote] its easy to say without a kid and family to support. and theres nothing scumbaggish about not wanting to get involved in a certain situation

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Lando PM.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

no offense, <u>i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag.</u> Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind
    [/quote] its easy to say without a kid and family to support.
    [/quote]

no its easy to say whenever

money isn't everything dezz. We're not talking about stealing a pack of twizzlers from 7-11 we're talking about a 12 year old kid having some 60 year old guy stick a **** in his *** against his will

That will never be a decision in my life on whats more important