Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

As a parent and athlete, I would have stopped it in the shower and then reported it to the head coach and if nothing was done, I would have told the head coach that I would report it to the police if they did not. I have reported wrongdoing of my bosses that were breaking the law and hurting people and got fired for it. I would do the same thing today. All of my bosses who were breaking the law got fired two years later. I moved on in my career. I am proud of what I did and I think that we all owe a duty to each other to do something when some one is getting hurt, especially a kid who cannot defend himself or herself.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]sorry, went to lunch and didnt respond to any of this.

Daven, wouldnt this be an example of protection under the whole good samaritan laws?[/quote]</P>

</P>

In my experience nothing is black and white, you can use the good samaritan law to support your claim that you did nothing wrong...but that doesn't pay you're legal fee's if the opposing party decides to go after you.
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

i dont know...
    I mean i would understand that people are concerned for their jobs, but the seriousness of the situation? cmon...
    if you got fired over something like that? that's wrongful termination, and then everything goes to the courts anyway....investigations, and someone's going down for the crimes if they happened. There is no debate in my book.

What I dont understand is why Matt is saying the wr coach, and Paterno did the right thing by reporting it to school officials. Why is it a business decision? Why was that the right thing at all? i dont even get that...

WHAT IN THE **** does the school have to do child molestation allegations??!?!
    WHO IN THE **** does someone think they are to make a "judgement call" on this kind of thing?!?!
    Everyone from the guy who saw, paterno who made a bad call and only escalating it to his higher up, the AD for doing nothing upon hearing it, and the janitor for escalating it and also not reporting it....they are all guilty of withholding this from the police. like, i cant even see this any other way. You dont go to the cops? then youre withholding information. What in gods name makes it the AD's responsibility, moreso than it was the 2 people under him who knew the same information?!!? They are humans! they are bound by the law all the same. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

btw....Matt, in no way am I attacking you for what youre saying...I'm just saying i cant even look at it the same way. not in the slightest.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

should I take the offer down of Chiefs #1 back for a McFadden handcuff....???</P>

</P>

[quote user="galaxy10"]As a parent and athlete, I would have stopped it in the shower and then reported it to the head coach and if nothing was done, I would have told the head coach that I would report it to the police if they did not. I have reported wrongdoing of my bosses that were breaking the law and hurting people and got fired for it. I would do the same thing today. All of my bosses who were breaking the law got fired two years later. I moved on in my career. I am proud of what I did and I think that we all owe a duty to each other to do something when some one is getting hurt, especially a kid who cannot defend himself or herself.
    [/quote]

exactly...

and welcome... i love when random people pop in lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

I gotta say next season I WILL be voting for smaller benches...U need help on your team because of injuries and u can't get it cause even back-ups are on peoples benches....very frustrating !!!

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]sorry, went to lunch and didnt respond to any of this.

Daven, wouldnt this be an example of protection under the whole good samaritan laws?[/quote]</p>

</p>

In my experience nothing is black and white, you can use the good samaritan law to support your claim that you did nothing wrong...but that doesn't pay you're legal fee's if the opposing party decides to go after you.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

i dont know...
    I mean i would understand that people are concerned for their jobs, but the seriousness of the situation? cmon...
    if you got fired over something like that? that's wrongful termination, and then everything goes to the courts anyway....investigations, and someone's going down for the crimes if they happened. There is no debate in my book.

What I dont understand is why Matt is saying the wr coach, and Paterno did the right thing by reporting it to school officials. Why is it a business decision? Why was that the right thing at all? i dont even get that...

WHO IN THE **** does someone think they are to make a "judgement call" on this kind of thing?!?!
    Everyone from the guy who saw, paterno who made a bad call and only escalating it to his higher up, the AD for doing nothing upon hearing it, and the janitor for escalating it and also not reporting it....they are all guilty of withholding this from the police. like, i cant even see this any other way. You dont go to the cops? then youre withholding information. What in gods name makes it the AD's responsibility, moreso than it was the 2 people under him who knew the same information?!!? They are humans! they are bound by the law all the same. </p>[/quote]

well like I said before why was it even brough to Paterno? It was brought becuase this guy was notifying his boss. Theres just a protocal to inform the top people of situations like that so they can know. Where Joe dropped the ball was letting it just go away. He did what he was suppose to at first, but after nothing happened he should of pressed the issue or gone to the police himself

But not for nothing it wasn't Joe's place to go to the cops. He didn't see it, hes not the one that should notify the authorities on behalf of Penn State. He morally **** the bed by forgetting about it.

Your asking what the school has to do with it, well it was put through the process once the guy who saw it happen went to PAterno.

Why was it on Paterno at first? Thats my question to you.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    another guy HEARD it happened.
    [/quote]</p>

dude you STILL have to report it!</p>

not only because it's unethical to not do so, but because it's you no longer have plausible deniability, therefore it's illegal to withhold that information.</p>[/quote]

Well thats actually factually not true. If this was done in a business setting and this was an official report at work (which I think it was) then Joe Pa followed protocal at the time. Joe Pa went wrong by letting it slip through the cracks.

But at the time, its not Joe Pa's place to report it to the cops officially. Thats why he will be cleared. He did he what he was suppose to do. But again as a human being, he did wrong

But either way, it goes back to the guy WHO SAW THE RAPE HAPPEN! HE went to his superior? Hes the guy that should of been on his cell calling 911
    [/quote]if the wr coach DID go to a superior, he really didnt do anything wrong imo. could he have done more? yea but you cant fault him for it. this isnt a normal situation.
    [/quote]
    You can't fault him for not doing more!?!? This is getting unreal you guys. Exacty! It isn't a normal situation, which is exactly why everyone should have gone to the police.
    [/quote]listen, its easy to sit here and say what we all would have done but we dont know the individuals. if im a wr coach, i hear/see this atrocious act, what do i do? do i go over my coach and straight to the police which could get me fired? do i go over my coach and go to the dean who may think im nuts with no proof which could also get me fired? or do i go to coach whos been here forever and let him go to the dean.

im sorry but i most likely would have done the same thing.
    [/quote]

no offense, <u>i think if u see that and the first thought in your mind is your job then your a scumbag.</u> Thats the one truth I think I could say 100% definitly. If I saw it with my own two eyes, I would go over there and try to stop it and then report it, zero doubt in my mind
    [/quote] its easy to say without a kid and family to support.
    [/quote]

no its easy to say whenever

money isn't everything dezz. We're not talking about stealing a pack of twizzlers from 7-11 we're talking about a 12 year old kid having some 60 year old guy stick a **** in his *** against his will

That will never be a decision in my life on whats more important
    [/quote]like i said we dont know any of these individuals. and youre not a scumbag if you dont want to get involved in a certain situation and its not like wr coach kept it to himself. he went and told the head coach, who lets be honest, has more pull in the school. maybe the wr coach felt he could handle it better or know what to do. wr coach is innocent.

[quote user="JPizzack"]btw....Matt, in no way am I attacking you for what youre saying...I'm just saying i cant even look at it the same way. not in the slightest.[/quote]

like I said at first Joe Paterno was the manager who had an employee under him report something about another employee. He reported it to his advisors. Paterno wasn't a witness so he would of had no business going to the cops

But once the AD did nothing, no investigation, no reprocussion on the guy who reported that it happened or Sandusky, THATS when Paterno should of did the moral thing and taken this into his own hands. He didn't and thats where I say he was just as guilty.

But to say that right off the bat it was Paternos responsbility to report it to the authorities is wrong and inaccurate. He wasn't a witness and had allegations on his hand.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]sorry, went to lunch and didnt respond to any of this.

Daven, wouldnt this be an example of protection under the whole good samaritan laws?[/quote]</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

i dont know...

Everyone from the guy who saw, paterno who made a bad call and only escalating it to his higher up, the AD for doing nothing upon hearing it, and the janitor for escalating it and also not reporting it....they are all guilty of withholding this from the police. like, i cant even see this any other way. You dont go to the cops? then youre withholding information. What in gods name makes it the AD's responsibility, moreso than it was the 2 people under him who knew the same information?!!? They are humans! they are bound by the law all the same. </p>[/quote]Paterno did do the right thing, didn't he...from a procedural standpoint? He followed protocol and reported the incident to his senior. Just like in the military chain of command.

If we want to say he didn't act correctly from a personal standpoint, that's a diff story, but everyone's different. Personally, I would not of been able to control myself from pulluing sandusky off of him and giving him a few good wacks.