Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

and lando i thin kur bat **** crazy for not taking issue from the source of all of this (besides sandusky obviously) and thats the WR coach WHO SAW THIS HAPPEN and didn't go to stop it and who thought it would be a better idea to go to somebody that could actually do NOTHING as oppose to going to the police.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Because Joe Paterno is the most important person at Penn State. Anyone there knows that. If he went straight to Joe Paterno himself, he showed a lot of guts.</p>

And this happened many years ago as I understand. Joe Pa was much younger. I don't think you understand the significance of Joe Paterno at PSU. You make it sound like he's in some kind of middle management. "Reporting to higher ups" THERE IS NO FRIGGIN HIGHER UP THAN JOE PA.</p>

How is it you don't get this.</p>[/quote]

When you see a Pedophile sodomize a child in front of your eyes "reporting it to higher ups" simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

You need to stop it then and there yourself baring that..say you panic like wuss and fail to save the child right then and there....you go to the COPS if he wants to stop by and let Paterno know thats up to him...but you go to the ****ing police you don't tell the Head Coach.

This has NOTHING to do with Penn State University this has to do with a Pedo raping a child...a criminal offense.

I will not put the same responsibility on Paterno hearing the story as I do the Coach who WITNESSED the act.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Also,

You, Daven and Dezz make it sound like this happened a year or 2 ago. This happened in the 90's. Before the days of lawsuits and defamation and all that. All he would have had to do is say something and everyone would have been all over him. If the kid says something they might look at him like a moron and nothing happens. He showed alot of guts to go to Joe.

Life now is not like it was when this happened and came to light. The kids are heroes for coming forward. I hope Penn St gets a death sentence for this. It's a ****ing embarrassment to America.

I certainly hope everyone in here would speak up god forbid something happened to someone you know. Whether it was someone you never met in your life or your best friend. It's a sick world...
    [/quote]

your really not reading anything that me or daven is saying. Read what we say then make your comments because from your past two posts I can't even fathom you actually grasping our points

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Joe Paterno is the highest "higher up" there is at Penn State.[/quote]
    This is what you don't understand Matt.

It's like Coach K at Duke. They run the mother****er. There is no one higher.
    [/quote]

your a ****in fool if u think that.

I bet u said the same thing about Jim TRessell

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Because Joe Paterno is the most important person at Penn State. Anyone there knows that. If he went straight to Joe Paterno himself, he showed a lot of guts.</p>

And this happened many years ago as I understand. Joe Pa was much younger. I don't think you understand the significance of Joe Paterno at PSU. You make it sound like he's in some kind of middle management. "Reporting to higher ups" THERE IS NO FRIGGIN HIGHER UP THAN JOE PA.</p>

How is it you don't get this.</p>[/quote]

When you see a Pedophile sodomize a child in front of your eyes "reporting it to higher ups" simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

You need to stop it then and there yourself baring that..say you panic like wuss and fail to save the child right then and there....you go to the COPS if he wants to stop by and let Paterno know thats up to him...but you go to the ****ing police you don't tell the Head Coach.

This has NOTHING to do with Penn State University this has to do with a Pedo raping a child...a criminal offense.

I will not put the same responsibility on Paterno hearing the story as I do the Coach who WITNESSED the act.
    [/quote]

absolutely, thank u for summarizing everything i've been saying

+100000%

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    WHO THE **** CARES WHO THE MAN IS AT PEN NSTATE?!

Honestly, what the **** does that have to do with anything

This guy just saw a little kid get raped and your talking to me about the heirarchy and politics of a college, what the **** is wrong with you. What does that have to do with this guy not going to the police or stopping the rape when he saw it?
    [/quote]</P>

yupppp and thats exactly why i said ALL the people were in the wrong here. NOBODY did ANYTHING.</P>

[/quote]

i disagree...

JP wasn't a witness. He was approached as an employee by an employee and followed the chain of command. Once nothing was done is where he dropped the ball. It wasn't Paterno;s place to call the police, he didn't witness the crime and has no clue if theres any validity to the charges. NOW we know its true, but at the time he probably didn't
    [/quote]</P>

honestly matt...i dont care...
    If one co-worker came up to me for some reason and told me that they witnessed another co-worker molesting a child. if that person didn't call the police right there....youre ****ing right I would make that phone call. i have more allegiance to helplesschildren than I do my coworkers.
    I dont care about the feelings of someone I'm accusing....let the authorities sort it out. A college is not the authorities. If someone is innocent, great...they can prove it.
    IT IS NOT ANY PERSON'S PLACE TO MAKE A JUDGMENT CALL ON WHETHER OR NOT THE CRIME WAS COMMITED OTHER THAN POLICE, DETECTIVES, etc., LAWYERS, JUDGES AND JURY.....that's it. plain and simple. the school has absolutely NO busines in this situation.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<div class="report">

Although he did not practice, Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) was able to run "full speed" for the second straight day on Wednesday.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    He's now hoping to participate in individual drills
    on Thursday, but sounds like a long-shot to turn in a full practice.
    Nicks is looking much more questionable for Week 10 than originally
    expected, and could end up being a game-time decision. His status could
    change in a hurry the next two days, but it's clear you need to have an
    alternative ready.
    </div>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

Quite honestly....Paterno should have used his name power to do the right thing...

Youre an AD...you gonna fire Joe Paterno? THE HELLYOUARE! lol......
    Nobody would fire Paterno for bringing this to light, hence why I feel it WASN'T handled right.</p>

ok, I think I'm out of ways to continue discussing this. I played all my cards =P</p>[/quote]You do have a good point there.

<div class="report">

Andre Johnson (hamstring) did no running at
    Texans practice Wednesday, and coach Gary Kubiak expects him to be a
    "weekend decision" for Week 10.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    The Texans elected to take things easy with Johnson
    today after he ran four of the past five days. He is expected to work
    out on Thursday, but will not practice. Unless his hamstring huge
    progress in the next two days, it's hard to see the Texans activating
    Johnson against the Bucs. His most likely return date remains Week 12.
    </div>

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Also, You, Daven and Dezz make it sound like this happened a year or 2 ago. This happened in the 90's. Before the days of lawsuits and defamation and all that. [/quote]

Seriously? you think defamation lawsuits didn't exist before the 90's? Cmon Lando.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]All he would have had to do is say something and everyone would have been all over him. If the kid says something they might look at him like a moron and nothing happens. He showed alot of guts to go to Joe. [/quote]

No he showed a LACK of guts going to Joe, what he should have ****ing done is that this guy by the back of his neck and put his head through a god damn urinal short of that he should have called 911 while looking at the guy in the ****ing face or holding the door to the god damn locker room closed and made ****ing sure he was caught....that would have been showing a lot of guts.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Life now is not like it was when this happened and came to light. The kids are heroes for coming forward. I hope Penn St gets a death sentence for this. It's a ****ing embarrassment to America.

I certainly hope everyone in here would speak up god forbid something happened to someone you know. Whether it was someone you never met in your life or your best friend. It's a sick world...[/quote]

The point isn't whether you would speak up god forbid something happen, I think EVERYONE would....the point is did Paterno actually believe something happened at all? he was told a story by someone by all rights he probably barely knew...he knew the perpetrator better then the person who told him the story...and yet he STILL went to the AD "just incase"

Paterno at first did the right thing, not following up on it was wrong morally (not at all legally)

The Coach who witnessed it...he is a god damn disgrace.