Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Quite honestly....Paterno should have used his name power to do the right thing...

Youre an AD...you gonna fire Joe Paterno? THE HELLYOUARE! lol......
    Nobody would fire Paterno for bringing this to light, hence why I feel it WASN'T handled right.</p>

ok, I think I'm out of ways to continue discussing this. I played all my cards =P</p>[/quote]You do have a good point there.
    [/quote]

its really not

What if it was wrong and PAterno didn't go through the proper channels. He did bring it to light, to the AD which is what he was supose to do.

And don't kid yourselves, there have been talks of Paterno for the past ten yearsbeing asked to leave. Hes a mascot. Theres so many whispers tha the does nothing. He may even be asked to leave before the season ends and he DID follow protocol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    Legally yes. Morally no.

Hearing it and seeing it are 2 different things. But right and wrong isn't.
    [/quote]

Morally yes, if you are willing to ruin a goods friends life over some crazy story told to you by some crackhead you found in the gutter then morally yes..you are wrong.

and to me that's what you are saying.

[quote user="dezzzR"]i dont know, i just think its bs how people can put just as much blame on a witness as the perp. wr coach went to someone he thought could do something about it. thats it. doesnt make him just as guilty because he didnt dial 911.
    [/quote]

i can't believe that u think the guy that witnessed the rape and made no attempt to stop it "tried to do something about it" by going to Joe PAterno instead of the police and telling them what he saw

Penn St. head football coach Joe Paterno
    just announced that he will retire at the end of the current football
    season ... calling the child molestation scandal, "one of the great
    sorrows of my life" and saying, "I wish I had done more."

Paterno
    released a statement saying, "I am absolutely devastated by the
    developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families,
    and I pray for their comfort and relief."

He added, "I have
    decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season.
    At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute
    discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I
    want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can."

"This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

"My
    goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish
    the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the
    rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

Officials say Paterno had knowledge that former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky had allegedly sexually abused a pre-teen boy in the showers in the Penn State locker room back in 2002.

Paterno reported the incident to the athletic director at Penn State -- but failed to notify the police.

The
    police commissioner says Paterno has not been accused of legal
    wrongdoing, but claims Paterno did NOT fulfill his "moral
    responsibility."

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and lando i thin kur bat **** crazy for not taking issue from the source of all of this (besides sandusky obviously) and thats the WR coach WHO SAW THIS HAPPEN and didn't go to stop it and who thought it would be a better idea to go to somebody that could actually do NOTHING as oppose to going to the police.
    [/quote]
    He probably thought Joe would do something and use his name to back him up. I can't speak for the guy. If he would have not said anything to anyone and kept it to himself that is sick and wrong as well. The fact that he told someone, anyone makes the person who heard it just as guilty as him for not contacting the cops in my eyes. I don't fault that kid for not contacting the police anymore than I do Joe. Whether you saw it or heard about it the cops need to know. I do take issue with the kid for not calling the cops. But he probably thought no one would believe him and it would be a great big coverup. That is why I think he went to Joe and he thought he could be trusted to use his "power" and get the right thing done.
    [/quote]

okay thats fine - to back his name up...

doesn't he have to come out and tell somebody besides JP then for that theory to be right?

Wow you really need to wrap your head around the truths of this. You shouldn't take issue with the victim for not calling the cops because they are too young to really understand and process what happened. MOST rape victims actually don't even notify anybody of their rape, especially children.

Why do u not take issue with the witness who did nothing to stop it? I've yet to hear u speak on that.

WHat ****in power do u need to say u saw somebody rape someone? IU mean was Joe Pa going to hav eSandusky beat up? Was he going tpo have him thrown in jail with no judge or jury? I mean whats the POWER of JP that was going to fix this? You hguys are just going for the biggest name in this thing and having generic arguments

All-Pro

TBH honest Lando you are scaring me a little, what if I told you some story in jest one day...one you just go run to the cops with it?

What if one of my Ex-Gf's had a vendetta against me and told you a completely untrue story about me...would you go running to the cops?

you seem a little bit insane here....you just believe everything everyone says to you immediately and are willing to ruin lives over it just because "it's the right thing to do" it's not that simple.

If you believe it...YES do it go to the cops, but remember it's just a story you are hearing.

if you SEE it...it's TOTALLY different...if you don't then follow through by reporting it then you are just a terrible person.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

No one cares about some janitor that no one ever heard of. For all we know he was afraid to get fired. Or he though reporting to Joe Pa was the best thing to do because he's Joe Pa. No one knows. They guy was old at the time and has dementia now.[/quote]</p>

Excuses, you see sodomy of a child in front of you, worrying about your job is not something that should enter the equation, and maybe your right maybe he was worried noone would believe him, so go to Joe Pa, that's fine...get him to help you out, but ****ing make a report to the cops as well...don't just drop it in someone else's hands....he WITNESSED it.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="Morehead State"]But we do know about Joe Paterno. We know he had it reported to him and all he did was inform his AD. He never asked if it went to the cops...nothing. He was told that the one time D coordinator and personal friend,who had his charity based at PSU, was molesting young boys and he passed it on like forwarding an email.[/quote]</p>

What we don't know is whether he ever even believed the Janitor in the first place, he may have been reporting it as a "just incase" but never thought there was a chance in hell that there was any truth to it, it's the guy who actually SAW it happens responsibility not some guy he told the story too...even if that guy is Joe Pa.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="Morehead State"]We all know why thats all he did.[/quote]</p>

No Morehead...we don't...you know better then that.
    </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Joe Pa failed in his obligations to himself, his school and his community. "I didn't believe him" doesn't wash either.</p>

He has a damn obligation to do something more than pass it on to the AD. He's friggin Joe Paterno.</p>[/quote]

ultimately he did, but not at first...

again - had the AD done its job, would u be hurry looking to hang JP? No you wouldn't

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Joe Paterno is the highest "higher up" there is at Penn State.[/quote]
    This is what you don't understand Matt.

It's like Coach K at Duke. They run the mother****er. There is no one higher.
    [/quote]

your a ****in fool if u think that.

I bet u said the same thing about Jim TRessell
    [/quote]
    Did you watch Matt Millen on SportsCenter when he broke down?

He went to Penn St, is a board member on Sandusky's charity and knows almost everyone at the school. He himself said there is no one higher at Penn St than Joe Pa except maybe the President of Penn St and that is debatable. Is that a credible enough source for you?

Jim Tressel is no Joe Pa Matt. You know better than that. There is no one more associated to a franchise in College Football more than Joe Pa. Would you agree? I was listening to talk radio today and they thought he more recognizable than Lombardi to the Packers.
    [/quote]

Jim Tressel was absolutely as recognizable as Joe Pa and did it in about half the time.

Okay,and if something happened (like it did) there are those there more powerful than him that can remove him from his HC spot, could they not?

So obviously hes not invincable.

It doesn't ****in matter though, Joe Pa doesn't have anymore power than you and I would in this situation. His power of Penn STate has nothing to do with any of this. It also is meaningless because he still reports to others

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Joe Paterno is the highest "higher up" there is at Penn State.[/quote]
    This is what you don't understand Matt.

It's like Coach K at Duke. They run the mother****er. There is no one higher.
    [/quote]

your a ****in fool if u think that.

I bet u said the same thing about Jim TRessell
    [/quote]
    Did you watch Matt Millen on SportsCenter when he broke down?

He went to Penn St, is a board member on Sandusky's charity and knows almost everyone at the school. He himself said there is no one higher at Penn St than Joe Pa except maybe the President of Penn St and that is debatable. Is that a credible enough source for you?

Jim Tressel is no Joe Pa Matt. You know better than that. There is no one more associated to a franchise in College Football more than Joe Pa. Would you agree? I was listening to talk radio today and they thought he more recognizable than Lombardi to the Packers.
    [/quote]</p>

Its reasonable toconclude that Joe Paterno was far more interested in protecting his program than protecting future victims.</p>[/quote]

if that was completely true, then why even pass it on to the AD?

Why wouldn't you just keep this wrapped up?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Joe Pa failed in his obligations to himself, his school and his community. "I didn't believe him" doesn't wash either.</p>

He has a damn obligation to do something more than pass it on to the AD. He's friggin Joe Paterno.</p>[/quote]

I don't necessarily disagree with that, he should have done more....but his failure pales in comparison to the failure of those who actually witnessed the events take place....they are not even remotely on the same level.
    [/quote]

absolutely