All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just fail to see what popularity has to do with any aspect of this case

[/quote]

Apparently for Morehead and Lando...Popularity means that you are held to a different moral standard then if you are relatively unknown.

I don't agree with that, I think everyone should be held to the same moral standards....I guess we are weird.

forget it i misread - it completely goes along with what moorehead said

my eyes are crossing

i got no work done today

i will talk to u guys later
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]I'm not arguing that at all. I'm arguing that Joe Pa had a far greater responsibility that he took on by meerly passing it on to the AD, and then working alongside the guy after that.[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with that, but I can see after years of dealing with similar issues (and I'm quite certain he has maybe not on quite the same scale in retrospec but similar) he became jaded and said...welp time to send another complaint form to the AD...and that IS wrong....BUT..

[quote user="Morehead State"]I don't give 2 ****s about what an unknown temp. worker does.[/quote]</p>

Not as wrong as this guy...who literally watched the crime take place...the fact that this guy didn't do everything in his power to make sure the Sandusky got what he deserves is morally reprehensible...it's many times worse then Joe Pa's indifference to a vague complaint.
    </p>

</p>

All-Pro

I'm out, I'm sure this will be continued tomorrow...later.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just fail to see what popularity has to do with any aspect of this case

[/quote]</P>

Its not popularity, its standing. With great standing comes great responsibility.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just fail to see what popularity has to do with any aspect of this case

[/quote]

Apparently for Morehead and Lando...Popularity means that you are held to a different moral standard then if you are relatively unknown.

I don't agree with that, I think everyone should be held to the same moral standards....I guess we are weird.
    [/quote]
    When your job is working with and mentoring kids. Establinshing foundations and building things that represent a University you do have a higher moral obligation. Athletes admit that all the time. I have to be better, I have kids that look up to me. I could find you countless quotes I'm sure. People in positions of power are held to a different standard than regular people. It's a fact of life, not a belief. Everyone should be held to the same moral standards but it's not the same in the real world. Joe Pa was told this was happening and turned his back to it along with many other people. There were 10's of warning signs and proof and no one did anything. Everyone is just as bad as the next guy but the most identifiable figure at Penn St will be held more accountable in a court of public opinion. Go read the comments on any ESPN story or any other site.

The issue is that Paterno should have also gone to the police. Telling
    his bosses only did nothing more than relive him of his reporting
    duties. He probably thought by telling his bossess only, it was their
    baby now. Morally, he should have gone to authorities. He was made
    aware of a crime and did not report it. How many other boys were abused
    simply because he didn't report the crime?

Paterno is an extremely powerful man and could have demanded that
    something so awful be addressed as the horrific crime that it is. He
    knew, but turned away. He may be spared "legally", but the man is a
    pathetic human being.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Its not popularity, its standing. With great standing comes great responsibility.</p>[/quote]
    How do they not understand that?

The leader of Penn St is held to a higher standard and responsibility than a Janitor.

No one protected those poor kids...

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Its not popularity, its standing. With great standing comes great responsibility.</P>

[/quote]
    How do they not understand that?

The leader of Penn St is held to a higher standard and responsibility than a Janitor.

No one protected those poor kids...
    [/quote]</P>

I don't know Lando. Itis interesting that its the two parents on one side and two non parents on the other.</P>

Not sure if that'r relevant or not.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

Does Paterno have grandkids? (Yes, 17.) How would he feel if it were one
    of his grandkids in that shower with the coach? What would he have done
    then?

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Does Paterno have grandkids? (Yes, 17.) How would he feel if it were one of his grandkids in that shower with the coach? What would he have done then?

[/quote] Not taking action against this **** is a crimein not doing so theyaided and abeded him to continue molesting god knows how many children ..lock'em all up.. bunch of losers and JP heads the list.. imo..I'm pretty sure I would have got that **** of thatkid either with myhands or a mop handle up his ***... but hey one can never be sure how they would handle such a thing till it happens...but I'm pretty sureI ain't standing there watching......what a nasty ****ing subject.....</P>

on a side note I got players!!! here is the deal I'd move some of them for a RB2 type player no guarentees I see a trade I like I'll take its really simple I don't like to barter somake your best offer yourfirst....I know thats notfun butswhat can I tell ya... thats the way I am....I also will understandif nobody wants to play that way... no problem....just putting it out there thatI ain't hiding under a rock I'm sitting on it....help me help you </P>

some one said Iwon't trade...he'dbe wrong</P>

so I'll leave it at this I'm going to shut up and play thegame therest of the way....good luck down the stretch everybody !</P>

ps I have used every player on my current roster "except for bennett"multiple times</P>