Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</p>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</p>[/quote]

i thought the janitor never filed the papers or told anybody but his boss and it died there. Isnt' that what ur timeline said yesterday
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures?

[/quote]

your right, technically he followed the chain of command - but morally they got rid of him and I have no issue with that at all

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]I dunno-give him the opportunity to state to the public that he used improper judgement, wrong choices, mistake, sincerely apologize, yada-yada-yada. Then step down with some dignity.
    [/quote]</P>

He has no dignity. </P>

And I don't want to hear what this senile old man has to say. </P>

He will just say the typical response he has been giving, "I wish I did more" Really Joe? You did nothing....</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

He should have resigned immediately yesterday instead of forcing the school to do it for him. He is completely out of touch with the seriousness of this.</P>

He could have prevented more kids from being victimized. For some reason his ego won't allow him to come to grips with this.</P>

Maybe his age is getting the best of him.</P>

[/quote]

i just love pappys view point on this - next time I see a rape i'm going to contact Derek Jeter so he can handle the situation. I mean he has power in NY
    [/quote]</P>

You are generally a very insightful and thoughtful poster. This comment is not a good example of that.</P>

[/quote]

the fact that u suggest that in this instance Joe Pa had anymore type of power or pull with reporting a rape case is dilusional
    [/quote]</P>

You are suggesting that Joe Paterno doesn't have any more influence at PSU than any other citizen?</P>

I'm delusional? </P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

<u>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </u></p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]

going to police would of done nothing? Uhm what?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat. Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]Well said Matt

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </P>

<U>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </U></P>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</P>

edit: There all <U>scum</U> in my eyes Matt...</P>

[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]</P>

Then you go to the chief of police and file a complaint that his officers are not looking into a crime that has been commited. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]I dunno-give him the opportunity to state to the public that he used improper judgement, wrong choices, mistake, sincerely apologize, yada-yada-yada. Then step down with some dignity.
    [/quote]</p>

He has no dignity. </p>

And I don't want to hear what this senile old man has to say. </p>

He will just say the typical response he has been giving, "I wish I did more" Really Joe? You did nothing....</p>

</p>[/quote]

hindsight is awlays 20/20

what u should be more disgusted with is McQeaury (the guy who made no attempt to stop it after he actually saw the rape take place and never contacted the police) is still working at penn state
    [/quote]Its not about who bearsmore or less responsibility at this point for me Matt...they all ****ed up and they are all guilty of letting those children down....thing about hindsight is that its based on reality...sad thing isthere could have and should have been a different reality under discussion here......JP's indicressions shall cost him his fame now.. we can debate whether its a fair price or not point is he should have done more and admits it.. "I don't feel at lot of remorse tho" he was rah rahing all way to bed last night....gt to go to work have a good day everyone ![/quote]

see i disagree... all the outrage on this is just being focused to the biggest name involved which is stupid. You know that got McQueary STILL is a coach at Penn St right?

HE SAW THE RAPE AND DIDNT TRY AND STOP IT

**** reporting it, **** everything else - that ALONE should have everybody in arms but its not, people are worried about with Joe Paterno coaching or not

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

<u>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </u></p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]

going to police would of done nothing? Uhm what?

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</FONT></P>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Great Point..</P>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures?

[/quote]We trust our kids to the system LT that they are going to teach and protect ...it didn't happen in this case it can't be over looked by policies and procedures...I'm sorry if it was one of my kids thishadhappened to...one I wouldn't want to here that **** and I'd want to kill someone as I'm sure you would .....I don't care what JP did for the world he ****ed up on this one and it part of the measurement of his life he could have been a hero on this one ....and he turns his head ? I don't get it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

[/quote]

your right, technically he followed the chain of command - but morally they got rid of him and I have no issue with that at all
    [/quote]Yes- I was waiting for that. I see two sides for Joe:

Acting in accordance with the procedures of his job

and

Morally--I already stated yesterday how I would not of allowed something like that to occur and continue, but that's me personally. This is the area where Joe failed.....but does that warrant being fired? The emotion and pain that these children suffered has to be removed from the equation in order to answer that objectively.