Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]</P>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</P>

Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</P>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</P>

[/quote]

further proof u don't actually read what we say and u just respond
    [/quote]</P>

You spent a lot of time yesterday defending him Matt. Saying that since he "reported to high ups" he did the right thing. If your view is different than that, I welcome it.</P>

[/quote]

thanks for confirming that u actually DONT read anything that is said...
    [/quote]</P>

Your post from yesterday...</P>

your not being sensible with this at all though.

Joe Pa did what he is suppose to do as an employee of Penn State. He played it by the books. It wasn't that he was concerned enough it was that when something like that is reported to you its your job to report it to those above you.

It wans't his place to call the cops and its a very logical situation. Your arguing these points wtih all the knowldge you have right now, not what JP had at the time. Hence why your not being sensible, your being emotional.

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]I dunno-give him the opportunity to state to the public that he used improper judgement, wrong choices, mistake, sincerely apologize, yada-yada-yada. Then step down with some dignity.
    [/quote]</p>

He has no dignity. </p>

And I don't want to hear what this senile old man has to say. </p>

He will just say the typical response he has been giving, "I wish I did more" Really Joe? You did nothing....</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

He should have resigned immediately yesterday instead of forcing the school to do it for him. He is completely out of touch with the seriousness of this.</p>

He could have prevented more kids from being victimized. For some reason his ego won't allow him to come to grips with this.</p>

Maybe his age is getting the best of him.</p>

[/quote]

i just love pappys view point on this - next time I see a rape i'm going to contact Derek Jeter so he can handle the situation. I mean he has power in NY
    [/quote]</p>

You are generally a very insightful and thoughtful poster. This comment is not a good example of that.</p>

[/quote]

the fact that u suggest that in this instance Joe Pa had anymore type of power or pull with reporting a rape case is dilusional
    [/quote]</p>

You are suggesting that Joe Paterno doesn't have any more influence at PSU than any other citizen?</p>

I'm delusional? </p>[/quote]

what the **** does PSU have to do wtih this?!

Why do u care how PSU would of handled this?!

What power does Joe Paterno have over me or you when it comes to the law?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]</P>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </P>

<U>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </U></P>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</P>

edit: There all <U>scum</U> in my eyes Matt...</P>

[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]

going to police would of done nothing? Uhm what?
    [/quote]</P>

Matt...He allowed this guy on the campus, worked closely with him on his charity for <FONT size=5>7 years</FONT> <U>after</U> he was informed that he was molesting children from <U>multiple sources</U>.</P>

Disgusting behavior. Inexcusable. Image the parents of the children who were molested after 2002.</P>

</P>

[quote user="byron"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures?

[/quote]We trust our kids to the system LT that they are going to teach and protect ...it didn't happen in this case it can't be over looked by policies and procedures...I'm sorry if it was one of my kids thishadhappened to...one I wouldn't want to here that **** and I'd want to kill someone as I'm sure you would .....I don't care what JP did for the world he ****ed up on this one and it part of the measurement of his life he could have been a hero on this one ....and he turns his head ? I don't get it[/quote]I hear that and I feel that right in my gut, but similar to our death penalty discussions doesn't there need to be more direct liability on Paterno's part in order to be fired. Unless of course they are just taking a complete cover up or conspiracy viewpoint and anyone involved in any manner , large or small is being dismissed.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</p>

[/quote]

further proof u don't actually read what we say and u just respond
    [/quote]</p>

You spent a lot of time yesterday defending him Matt. Saying that since he "reported to high ups" he did the right thing. If your view is different than that, I welcome it.</p>

[/quote]

thanks for confirming that u actually DONT read anything that is said...
    [/quote]</p>

Your post from yesterday...</p>

your not being sensible with this at all though.

Joe Pa did what he is suppose to do as an employee of Penn State. He played it by the books. It wasn't that he was concerned enough it was that when something like that is reported to you its your job to report it to those above you.

It wans't his place to call the cops and its a very logical situation. Your arguing these points wtih all the knowldge you have right now, not what JP had at the time. Hence why your not being sensible, your being emotional.

</p>[/quote]

absolutely, i still say he should of called the cops right away. He wasn't a witness. Again, like i've continued to say in probably about 50 posts yesterday (hence why I know u don't actually read everything) is that once he realized the AD was doing nothing he should have stepped up. Because he didn't - thats why he deserves to be fired and thrown in this whole thing

AGain something i've now said 60 times: Saying he should of called the police right away is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures?

[/quote]

your right, technically he followed the chain of command - but morally they got rid of him and I have no issue with that at all
    [/quote]Yes- I was waiting for that. I see two sides for Joe:

Acting in accordance with the procedures of his job

and

Morally--I already stated yesterday how I would not of allowed something like that to occur and continue, but that's me personally. This is the area where Joe failed.....but does that warrant being fired? The emotion and pain that these children suffered has to be removed from the equation in order to answer that objectively.
    [/quote]

lol me and u are on the same page with this i think...

i guess ur listed with me and scrappy as the villians of this case

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </P>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </P>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</P>

edit: There all <U>scum</U> in my eyes Matt...</P>

[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

<FONT color=#0000ff>I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</FONT> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</P>

Read the indictment.</P>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</P>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </P>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </P>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</P>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </P>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

[/quote]I dunno-give him the opportunity to state to the public that he used improper judgement, wrong choices, mistake, sincerely apologize, yada-yada-yada. Then step down with some dignity.
    [/quote]</P>

He has no dignity. </P>

And I don't want to hear what this senile old man has to say. </P>

He will just say the typical response he has been giving, "I wish I did more" Really Joe? You did nothing....</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

He should have resigned immediately yesterday instead of forcing the school to do it for him. He is completely out of touch with the seriousness of this.</P>

He could have prevented more kids from being victimized. For some reason his ego won't allow him to come to grips with this.</P>

Maybe his age is getting the best of him.</P>

[/quote]

i just love pappys view point on this - next time I see a rape i'm going to contact Derek Jeter so he can handle the situation. I mean he has power in NY
    [/quote]</P>

You are generally a very insightful and thoughtful poster. This comment is not a good example of that.</P>

[/quote]

the fact that u suggest that in this instance Joe Pa had anymore type of power or pull with reporting a rape case is dilusional
    [/quote]</P>

You are suggesting that Joe Paterno doesn't have any more influence at PSU than any other citizen?</P>

I'm delusional? </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Well I assume that PSU has its own police force. I know UMass does. And either way, the majority of the population there are PSU students and staff. they have to work very closely with the university.</P>

But thats not even the point. he continued his relationship with Sanduski as if he knew nothing.</P>

[quote user="byron"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]We trust our kids to the system LT that they are going to teach and protect ...it didn't happen in this case it can't be over looked by policies and procedures...I'm sorry if it was one of my kids thishadhappened to...one I wouldn't want to here that **** and I'd want to kill someone as I'm sure you would .....I don't care what JP did for the world he ****ed up on this one and it part of the measurement of his life he could have been a hero on this one ....and he turns his head ? I don't get it[/quote]

im sorry but u could of done a different kind of damage and effect alot of peoples lives to wrecklessly just go and bring it to the police off of just one mans word. What if this one man was lying? Couldn't it of been true that this guy had some other agenda to **** over Sandusky and he was trying to **** him over?

AGain initially Joe Pa played it right, letting it get forgotten is where he scumbagged out in my opinion.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

He has no dignity. </p>

And I don't want to hear what this senile old man has to say. </p>

He will just say the typical response he has been giving, "I wish I did more" Really Joe? You did nothing....</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

He should have resigned immediately yesterday instead of forcing the school to do it for him. He is completely out of touch with the seriousness of this.</p>

He could have prevented more kids from being victimized. For some reason his ego won't allow him to come to grips with this.</p>

Maybe his age is getting the best of him.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You are generally a very insightful and thoughtful poster. This comment is not a good example of that.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You are suggesting that Joe Paterno doesn't have any more influence at PSU than any other citizen?</p>

I'm delusional? </p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Well I assume that PSU has its own police force. I know UMass does. And either way, the majority of the population there are PSU students and staff. they have to work very closely with the university.</p>

But thats not even the point. he continued his relationship with Sanduski as if he knew nothing.</p>[/quote]

reach much? Get your mindset off of the fact that this happened at PSU so it somehow trumps real law. Im sure it has its own police force, ALOT of colleges do - but something as serious as a rape would def go beyond the school police force. This isn't a simple B&amp;E into a car to steal a wallet pappy