Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]what the **** does PSU have to do wtih this?!

Why do u care how PSU would of handled this?!

What power does Joe Paterno have over me or you when it comes to the law?
    [/quote]</P>

these are exactly all my points from yesterday.

I dont care WHERE it happened....

Bottom line was all parties involved did NOTHING to stop it...and NOTHING to report it.

Honestly, how could you ****ing sleep knowing you didn't do a goddamn thing about it?! Going to your boss? I just dont get how that's considered doing something. It's ****ing shameful, and THAT'S why Paterno is just as big a POS as the other people who knew of it.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]</P>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </P>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </P>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</P>

edit: There all <U>scum</U> in my eyes Matt...</P>

[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

<FONT color=#0000ff>I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</FONT> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</P>

Read the indictment.</P>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</P>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </P>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </P>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</P>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </P>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </P>

</P>

[/quote]

i think my stance on Joe Pa is very clear, but for some reaosn your not grasping it.

And i'm sorry he is being made the scapegoat because hes the biggest name. I have yet to hear you mention MCQueary as the pussified scumbag that he is. I have stated numerous times that at first Joe Pa did the smart thing, but once he saw nothing being done it made him get all he deserves for not trying to get to the bottom of it.

[/quote]</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2322367.aspx</P>

Read my posts, and see what my views are on McQueary.</P>

[/quote]

okay and mind u this is for arguments sake:

and your going to throw McQueary in the same bag of blame as PAterno?

[/quote]</P>

McQueary should be brought up on charges. </P>

He witnessed a crime and did not contact the authorites. </P>

Joe Paterno is just a mindless old idiot. He did not <FONT size=6>nip this in the butt</FONT> when he first heard the allegations. </P>

The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...</P>

[/quote]</P>

I hate to make light of this horrible situation, but this was an unfortunate, possibly freudian slip.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]the fact that u suggest that in this instance Joe Pa had anymore type of power or pull with reporting a rape case is dilusional
    [/quote]
    OMG Matt!!! You don't think Joe Pa's word holds more weight than a Janitor or WR's coach. You are delusional bro. They could slander the name of the coach and the Janitor. Joe Pa's name coming forward would make everyone act different.

Did you read the indictment? If not, you should...

Don't get me wrong, the coach told the AD, Joe Pa and the Finance Director. All 4 people failed to report anything and they all let it get swept under the rug. Joe Pa is held to a higher moral responsibility for everything he stood for and the things he built at Penn St. If it was one of his grandkids in the shower you can bet your *** he would have said something.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</p>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</p>[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.
    [/quote]

im gonna tell you right now becuase its apparent that you and moorehead have no clue what we are actually saying - just by that response

please ask questions instead of making statements to us, because this is beyond ridiculous now. Im going to chalk it up that this situation has you so emotional that it is holding u back from reading and grasping what is actually said.

All we argued was that right away, Joe Pa no calling the police was actually a reasonable response. What he did after that letting it die and turning a blind eye is why he should be fired and berated for it. But the fact that you guys are even fixated on it because of his name is actually ****in gross to read. Your feeding into media bull**** just because hes the biggest name. How you can kill Paterno for JUST telling his superior, but then give McQueary a pass for JUST telling his superior when he could of physically stopped it from happening just shows how illogical your thinking is. Your honestly a media drone iwth that.

Your outrage is that a kid was raped, but ur taking more issue with the politics of it than the fact that the EYE WITNESS did NOTHING to stop it and didn't alert THE REAL AUTHORITIES?!

I don't care HOWWWW much Joe Pa is regarded around Penn st, hes not the ****ing law.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

<u>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </u></p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]

going to police would of done nothing? Uhm what?
    [/quote]go back and look at the timeline. there were multiple reports of this happening and nothing happened to the sick ****
    [/quote]

yea the first time it got thrown out. Soon as this one came out that one time was referenced, all of a sudden that brings more validity to it. Now other people are stepping up too. So essentially going to the police did work ,it just took these guys alot longer than it hsould have to do it

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party.
    [/quote]
    If you saw what he saw at your work you would tell your boss and do nothing else?

You really think that is acting accordingly when you hear something that graphic. Come on LT...

<font color="#0000ff">"It
    was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at
    no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the grand
    jury report," </font>Paterno said in the statement. "<font color="#0000ff">Regardless, it was clear
    that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky.</font> As
    coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I
    referred the matter to university administrators."
    [/quote]

JOE PA DIDNT SEE IT!!! Jesus Lando

MCQUEARY SAW IT!!! HE DIDNT STOP IT!!! HE DIDNT REPOT IT TO THE POLICE!!! HE REPOTED IT TO JOE ****ING PATERNO!!!

but ur okay wtih that and take issue with Paterno because hes the bigger name and he didn't go the police, honestly how the **** can these opinions even be coming from ur brain to your fingers to type it.

You have me completely stunned

[quote user="bigblue4417"]This is another thing that kills me...

I don't think policies and procedures apply when someone comes to you shaking and distraught that they just saw a 70 year old man ****ing a 10 year old.
    [/quote]</P>

yupppp</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>

[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

<font color="#0000ff">I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</font> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</p>

Read the indictment.</p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</p>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </p>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </p>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</p>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </p>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </p>

</p>

[/quote]

i think my stance on Joe Pa is very clear, but for some reaosn your not grasping it.

And i'm sorry he is being made the scapegoat because hes the biggest name. I have yet to hear you mention MCQueary as the pussified scumbag that he is. I have stated numerous times that at first Joe Pa did the smart thing, but once he saw nothing being done it made him get all he deserves for not trying to get to the bottom of it.

[/quote]</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2322367.aspx</p>

Read my posts, and see what my views are on McQueary.</p>

[/quote]

okay and mind u this is for arguments sake:

and your going to throw McQueary in the same bag of blame as PAterno?

[/quote]</p>

McQueary should be brought up on charges. </p>

He witnessed a crime and did not contact the authorites. </p>

Joe Paterno is just a mindless old idiot. He did not nip this in the butt when he first heard the allegations. </p>

The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...</p>[/quote]

I disagree. It wans't his place to notify the authorities initially.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]You keep calling it "a story". Its not "a story". It was a member of his staff telling him that he saw Sandosky raping a boy. Thats not a story. [/quote]

Yes it is a Story..Morehead...that's exactly what it is...you can claim it's not but you are just wrong.
    </p>[quote user="Morehead State"]If you view is that the assistant is a scumbag? Thats fine. But you seem to be suggesting that Joe Pa is a scapegoat when he has direct involvement in keeping this guy on campus and giving him a platform to continue to abuse children.
    [/quote]

They are ALL scumbags, we are discussing the degree of scumbaggery....and honestly...Joe Pa. is the lowest on the list, the guys who covered it up are the highest, and the people who SAW IT HAPPEN and did nothing in the moment and didn't go to the Police (**** Joe Pa these people have a moral obligation to go to the cops because they are witnesses) are right behind them.

[quote user="Morehead State"]The assistant had far less power to do that. It was Joe Pa and Joe Pa alone who is responsible for that.[/quote]</p>

</p>

This is ****ing bull**** and it's really begining to piss me the **** off Morehead, If the Witnesses want to tell Joe Pa they are going to the cops that's fine...but it's the actual Witnesses responsibility to make sure there is Police activity...the Janitor and the Coach HAVE to go to the cops ...they can ALSO go to Joe Pa...but the responsibility lies squarely on those who witnessed the crime.</p>

And if you think otherwise not only are you wrong...but you are a disappointment, like seriously I'm not even playing or joking around now...so please let me get out of this conversation before I lose anymore respect for you..
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="Morehead State"]Quite honestly, he knew in part what was happening and allowed business as usual to continue.[/quote]
    Exactly MH. He heard mutlitple reports of abuse from Sandusky on kids and still let the guy have access to the campus. Saw him with other kids and just turned his back like business as usual.