Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>

[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

<font color="#0000ff">I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</font> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</p>

Read the indictment.</p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</p>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </p>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </p>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</p>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </p>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </p>

</p>

[/quote]

i think my stance on Joe Pa is very clear, but for some reaosn your not grasping it.

And i'm sorry he is being made the scapegoat because hes the biggest name. I have yet to hear you mention MCQueary as the pussified scumbag that he is. I have stated numerous times that at first Joe Pa did the smart thing, but once he saw nothing being done it made him get all he deserves for not trying to get to the bottom of it.

[/quote]</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2322367.aspx</p>

Read my posts, and see what my views are on McQueary.</p>[/quote]

okay and mind u this is for arguments sake:

and your going to throw McQueary in the same bag of blame as PAterno?

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</p>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</p>[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>[/quote]

What's interesting is Morehead and Lando at the very least...don't read a word of what anyone is saying and arguing against nothing.

I've never said Paterno doesn't deserve to be fired...he DOES, what I said was that the two who actually witness the act take place and did nothing about it are the ones who should be the target of all this vitriol...Paterno heard a story, those 2 saw it...they are worse..and with that I'm done...because none of you have actually comprehended anything I've said on the topic...you just fly off on tangents that have nothing to do with what I'm saying..and honestly I'm really disappointed in all of you (most of all Morehead) for not being able to have a discussion on this topic..I'm out.

http://i.imgur.com/3kpMC.gif

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3kpMC.gif[?IMG]
    [/quote]

lol it really is true. They haven't grasped anything we are saying

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </p>

<u>And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </u></p>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>[/quote]you guys are not understanding that going to the police wouldnt have done anything. these accusations were brought up before with no consequences or repercussions . a mother already went to the police and nothing happened. joe pa will speak to the media later on what mcmick told him. god that guys hair is red.
    [/quote]

going to police would of done nothing? Uhm what?
    [/quote]go back and look at the timeline. there were multiple reports of this happening and nothing happened to the sick ****

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="lttaylor56"]my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party.
    [/quote]
    If you saw what he saw at your work you would tell your boss and do nothing else?

You really think that is acting accordingly when you hear something that graphic. Come on LT...

<font color="#0000FF">"It
    was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at
    no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the grand
    jury report," </font>Paterno said in the statement. "<font color="#0000FF">Regardless, it was clear
    that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky.</font> As
    coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I
    referred the matter to university administrators."

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures?

[/quote]We trust our kids to the system LT that they are going to teach and protect ...it didn't happen in this case it can't be over looked by policies and procedures...I'm sorry if it was one of my kids thishadhappened to...one I wouldn't want to here that **** and I'd want to kill someone as I'm sure you would .....I don't care what JP did for the world he ****ed up on this one and it part of the measurement of his life he could have been a hero on this one ....and he turns his head ? I don't get it[/quote]

im sorry but u could of done a different kind of damage and effect alot of peoples lives to wrecklessly just go and bring it to the police off of just one mans word. What if this one man was lying? Couldn't it of been true that this guy had some other agenda to **** over Sandusky and he was trying to **** him over?

AGain initially Joe Pa played it right,<font color="#0000ff"> letting it get forgotten is where he scumbagged out in my opinion.
    </font>[/quote]Fine Matt argue semantics bottom line he **** up...now didn't he ....you trying save his rep ..fine ...I could care less about his rep....i'm done with this.... carry on....love ya man[/quote]

na your not getting my points either im making two simple points about joe pa:

1) People are saying he should of called the police right away and I disagree. I think that would of been a completely wrong move. Again, hindsight is 20/20 but in the moment you can't kill him for that

2) He deservest o be fired, he doesn't deserve to be off the hook, but I don't want to hear outrage about him and then people like Moorehead arent' saying a word about the second source of this misery: McQueary. How anybody could really give a **** about Paterno and just not give a second thought about that guy is BAFFLING.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

And you do realize he was told by not one person, but two about what was going on. </P>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </P>

Have you seen the interviews with Joe Paterno? It made me sick to see his responses, and then he gave the Penn State rally call?? Pathetic!!!!</P>

edit: There all <U>scum</U> in my eyes Matt...</P>

[/quote]

who was the other person? Only thing I've read was that McQueury brought it to his attention?

If your referencing the janitor, he went to HIS superior and apparently it died there

I just hate the fact that u guys are caught up on Paterno instead of actually getting to the source of this issue. I just think that your killing Joe Paterno cuz of his name. In this case while JP SHOULD be fired, out of all the list of characters he is the LAST person you should be talking about.

Why aren't you talking about the janitor who didn't choose to fill out the paper work or report it to the place? Why aren't you talking about the janitor's boss who didn't want to get involved because he was afraid of his job? Why aren't you talking about the other janitors who apparently the original guy discussed with what he saw? Why aren't you talking about McQeaury- the guy who saw the rape and didn't stop it and then felt it necessary to ONLY tell HIS superior?? Why aren't you talking about the other assistant coaches he conferred with before going to Paterno?

I'm not giving Paterno a pass at all but im sick of people pinning it on him, at least he passed it on to his higher ups. That doesn't cut it for McQueary - it wasn't just something he heard. He saw that **** with his own two eyes

Sorry but McQueary still has a job and he witnessed the rape, didn't stop it, and never brought it to the police. I don't care how much Joe Paterno means to Penn St, thats not good enough. In my eyes, hes as bad as Sandusky. Anybody that has the chance to stop somebody raping a child and does nothing is just as much of a scumbag. Oh but wait, he was worried about his job - thats a good reason to lay off him. But when something hearsay drops on Paternos lap, he should of just took no precaution and went to war with it.

There are two hypothetical truths about this whole situation. If the only thing Joe Pa did was bring it to the AD and

1) The AD did his job with it and didn't try to cover it up, NOBODY would be giving Joe Pa **** for following the chain of command. He actually would of been commended.

2) Had the AD did what he did, Joe Pa recognzied it and didn't let it go to bed or did something to bring this whole case back to life (Which is what he should of did) nobody would be looking to hang Joe Pa or have any knocks on him

Bottom line to say he should of went to the cops right away with a hearsay story of something that he can't confirm or deny is an emotional response with hindsight 20/20. Thats my only stance on Joe Pa

<FONT color=#0000ff>I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</FONT> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</P>

Read the indictment.</P>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</P>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </P>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </P>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</P>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </P>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </P>

</P>

[/quote]

i think my stance on Joe Pa is very clear, but for some reaosn your not grasping it.

And i'm sorry he is being made the scapegoat because hes the biggest name. I have yet to hear you mention MCQueary as the pussified scumbag that he is. I have stated numerous times that at first Joe Pa did the smart thing, but once he saw nothing being done it made him get all he deserves for not trying to get to the bottom of it.

[/quote]</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2322367.aspx</P>

Read my posts, and see what my views are on McQueary.</P>

[/quote]

okay and mind u this is for arguments sake:

and your going to throw McQueary in the same bag of blame as PAterno?

[/quote]</P>

McQueary should be brought up on charges. </P>

He witnessed a crime and did not contact the authorites. </P>

Joe Paterno is just a mindless old idiot. He did not nip this in the butt when he first heard the allegations. </P>

The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And I guess speaking to your higher ups is more important then doing the right thing, going to the police. </p>

edit: There all <u>scum</u> in my eyes Matt...</p>

[/quote]

<font color="#0000ff">I just hate the fact that people are making him to be the biggest villian and making him the public scapegoat.</font> Let the media do that, but while we're having discussions realize the situation and don't just follow what outraged parents and people trying to sell the news are saying
    [/quote]</p>

Read the indictment.</p>

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72104007/Sandusky-Indictment</p>

He's not a scapegoat, but he is involved. </p>

He did not commit the crime, but he did as minimal as possible for the situation. </p>

You keep making it out that he did what he had to do, well guess what. He did not!!!</p>

He choose to tell the information to his superiors, ok fine, then that's it. The situation got swept under the rug. He's a ****ing parent (Joe Paterno) He did not think for a second "hey maybe I should notify the authorities and get this situation brought to light" </p>

If it turns out it was just hear say then it's moved on, but if they find out there was rape and molestation going on they could have prevented it and kept future children from getting hurt. </p>

</p>[/quote]
    LT's turing 180 degrees now--I am completely off balance and can longer think objectively.

I can't get past first few pages....very disturbing. I am having trouble separating my emotions from my decision now--leave that for the courtroom. Everyone involved should be fried to the fullest extent.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

No one would suggest he is anywhere near as guilty as the POS who did this. But the bottom line is that he could have prevented further abuse and he turned a blind eye. It was disgraceful.</P>

Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</P>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</P>

[/quote]

What's interesting is Morehead and Lando at the very least...don't read a word of what anyone is saying and arguing against nothing.

I've never said Paterno doesn't deserve to be fired...he DOES, what I said was that the two who actually witness the act take place and did nothing about it are the ones who should be the target of all this vitriol...Paterno heard a story, those 2 saw it...they are worse..and with that I'm done...because none of you have actually comprehended anything I've said on the topic...you just fly off on tangents that have nothing to do with what I'm saying..and honestly I'm really disappointed in all of you (most of all Morehead) for not being able to have a discussion on this topic..I'm out.

http://i.imgur.com/3kpMC.gif

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3kpMC.gif[?IMG]
    [/quote]</P>

You keep calling it "a story". Its not "a story". It was a member of his staff telling him that he saw Sandosky raping a boy. Thats not a story. So what does Joe Pa do? Informs the AD and then continues his relationship and school activities with a man that a member of his staff just told him was a child rapists.</P>

If you view is that the assistant is a scumbag? Thats fine. But you seem to be suggesting that Joe Pa is a scapegoat when he has direct involvement in keeping this guy on campus and giving him a platform to continue to abuse children.</P>

The assistant had far less power to do that. It was Joe Pa and Joe Pa alone who is responsible for that.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</font>[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Whats interesting is that the parents in our group (Me, Lando, NY06 and Byron) think he should be fired, and the non parents (Matt and Scrappy) don't.</font></p>

Not sure if thats significant or not.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Great Point..</p>[/quote]I'm a parent of 3--I feel the pain of the situation very clearly, but I don't want that to cloud my viewpoint.

To be fired from his position, Did Paterno act in a manner not appropriate or <font color="#0000FF">in accordance with the institutions policies and procedures? </font>

[/quote]
    This is another thing that kills me...

I don't think policies and procedures apply when someone comes to you shaking and distraught that they just saw a 70 year old man ****ing a 10 year old.