Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</p>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</p>[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.
    [/quote]

im gonna tell you right now becuase its apparent that you and moorehead have no clue what we are actually saying - just by that response

please ask questions instead of making statements to us, because this is beyond ridiculous now. Im going to chalk it up that this situation has you so emotional that it is holding u back from reading and grasping what is actually said.

All we argued was that right away, Joe Pa no calling the police was actually a reasonable response. What he did after that letting it die and turning a blind eye is why he should be fired and berated for it. But the fact that you guys are even fixated on it because of his name is actually ****in gross to read. Your feeding into media bull**** just because hes the biggest name. How you can kill Paterno for JUST telling his superior, but then give McQueary a pass for JUST telling his superior when he could of physically stopped it from happening just shows how illogical your thinking is. Your honestly a media drone iwth that.

Your outrage is that a kid was raped, but ur taking more issue with the politics of it than the fact that the EYE WITNESS did NOTHING to stop it and didn't alert THE REAL AUTHORITIES?!

I don't care HOWWWW much Joe Pa is regarded around Penn st, hes not the ****ing law.
    [/quote]
    Who said I gave McQueary a pass? I don't, he is just as bad as Joe Pa. After the kid saw what he did he went to his office and called his dad. His dad told him to go home. His dad and him decided it would be best to contact Paterno. He told Paterno he saw Sandusky fondling a boy in the showers and doing inappropriate things to him. A week and a 1/2 later the coach met with the AD and the Finance Director and told them what he saw in the shower. Then a few weeks later they told him that Sandusky had his keys taken and would not be allowed to use the facilities anymore and that it was reported to his charity. No cops ever talked to him and nothing ever happened. Then they just let it keep happening for 8 more years. Schulz and the AD also lied to a grand jury. He said the allegations were not that serious and he had no indication a crime had occurred.

This was the 2nd time in 4 years that everyone heard about this coach molesting boys and no one did anything. They let him keep coming around and that is even more sick. They said banning Sandusky from bringing children on campus was unforceable. They all broke the law by not reporting it. Even Joe himself.
    [/quote]

and thats what makes me sick - the fact that ur putting him on Joe Pa's level

im just gona end it there. It honestly turns my stomach that u find the way McQueary behaved even comparable to joe pa and not to sandusky
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="MoreheadState"]The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...[/quote]

I disagree. It wans't his place to notify the authorities initially.

[/quote]
    WHY?

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party.
    [/quote]
    If you saw what he saw at your work you would tell your boss and do nothing else?

You really think that is acting accordingly when you hear something that graphic. Come on LT...

<font color="#0000ff">"It
    was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at
    no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the grand
    jury report," </font>Paterno said in the statement. "<font color="#0000ff">Regardless, it was clear
    that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky.</font> As
    coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I
    referred the matter to university administrators."
    [/quote]

JOE PA DIDNT SEE IT!!! Jesus Lando

MCQUEARY SAW IT!!! HE DIDNT STOP IT!!! HE DIDNT REPOT IT TO THE POLICE!!! HE REPOTED IT TO JOE ****ING PATERNO!!!

but ur okay wtih that and take issue with Paterno because hes the bigger name and he didn't go the police, honestly how the **** can these opinions even be coming from ur brain to your fingers to type it.

You have me completely stunned
    [/quote]
    I am not ok with that at all. Maybe the kid wanted Joe Pa to help him and he trusted him to do the right thing. Maybe he knew his name would be trashed and it would be covered up if he came out by himself so he needed Joes help. Instead everyone turned their back. I can't speak for this kid but he needs to be fired to. Everyone should have gone to the police Matt. Everyone failed these kids.
    [/quote]

nobody failed these kids head and shoulders more than McQueary...

maybe its all bull**** and why the **** would this ******* even try to go to the police. Why would he not try to stop the rape from happening. HE SAW IT WITH HIS OWN TWO EYES

are u ****ing kidding me man. How u can be so passive with Mcqueary and so inflamed about JP is insane.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]

your getting into semantics

bottom line this guy saw a child get raped <u>and did nothing to stop it or really have the raper held accountable</u>

which makes him an enabler and just as bad as the raper imo
    [/quote]thats simply not true though. he told joe, thinking joe could do something about this because of his long standing reputation. mc was so bothered he called his father and asked him what he should do. going to the cops wouldnt of solved anything, theres no evidence. joe pa and the president of the school are the enablers in my eyes. its easy to say ohh i would of done this or that but we dont know the people involved and the relationships between them.
    espn said joe pa will speak on what happen when mc told him later

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="MoreheadState"]The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...[/quote]

I disagree. It wans't his place to notify the authorities initially.

[/quote]
    WHY?
    [/quote]

because his job was to report it to the top and then collectively as a school report it. Once that dind't happen and it was swept under the rug is where he went wrong

He doesn't know if its true or not thats why. Letting is slide between the cracks is what made him a bad guy in this case

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"]LT's turing 180 degrees now--I am completely off balance and can longer think objectively.

I can't get past first few pages....very disturbing. I am having trouble separating my emotions from my decision now--leave that for the courtroom. Everyone involved should be fried to the fullest extent.
    [/quote]
    Exactly! I challenge all of you to read the indictment. Especially YOU Matt and Daven. I think your opinion will be changed about the people involved once you read it.

Everyone covered it up to save the football program. The reason why Joe Pa takes more heat than anyone is because of who he is, what he stands for and what a larger than life figure he is on campus.
    [/quote]\

before i do that i want a response from you:

what exactly do u think our opinions are?
    [/quote]This is entirely <font size="5">suspect and heresay, </font>but I did consider the fact that Joe Pa liked what he had in Sandusky as a defensive co-ordinator, not enough to not report the incident, but perhaps enough to not to follow up on the case. If this true, helpless kids getting raped was not as high of a priority as his team winning. That is purely disgusting.

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    Exactly! I challenge all of you to read the indictment. Especially YOU Matt and Daven.[/quote]

There is nothing that I can read that will make me believe hearing about a crime second hand gives you a greater responsibility to report it then watching it happen first hand.

the simple fact that you are trying to convince me of that is disappointing.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]the fact that u suggest that in this instance Joe Pa had anymore type of power or pull with reporting a rape case is dilusional
    [/quote]
    OMG Matt!!! You don't think Joe Pa's word holds more weight than a Janitor or WR's coach. You are delusional bro. They could slander the name of the coach and the Janitor. Joe Pa's name coming forward would make everyone act different.

Did you read the indictment? If not, you should...

Don't get me wrong, the coach told the AD, Joe Pa and the Finance Director. All 4 people failed to report anything and they all let it get swept under the rug. Joe Pa is held to a higher moral responsibility for everything he stood for and the things he built at Penn St. If it was one of his grandkids in the shower you can bet your *** he would have said something.
    [/quote]

no... it doesn't

if u want to go to the cops to report a rape<font color="#0000FF"> i don't think Joe Pa would of had more credibility than an eye witness </font>- i don't care how much hes beloved...

So talking to an investigator at the police stations which has more weight:

A) And eye witness

B) or some old guy who somebody told him what happened

this is the court of law, this isn't TV
    [/quote]
    I could not disagree more. You have to go deeper, it is easy for someone to tarnish that guy and make him seem like he is lying. You can't do that to Joe Pa. His name and word is like God there.

As far as B - He is not some old guy, he is Thee Man there. Plus it would not have been one or the other. It would have been both of them together therefore concreting the claims and acts witnessed. Plus it was the 2nd time someone reported and the 2nd time of Joe Pa hearing about it.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]

your getting into semantics

bottom line this guy saw a child get raped <u>and did nothing to stop it or really have the raper held accountable</u>

which makes him an enabler and just as bad as the raper imo
    [/quote]thats simply not true though. he told joe, thinking joe could do something about this because of his long standing reputation. mc was so bothered he called his father and asked him what he should do. going to the cops wouldnt of solved anything, theres no evidence. joe pa and the president of the school are the enablers in my eyes. its easy to say ohh i would of done this or that but we dont know the people involved and the relationships between them.
    espn said joe pa will speak on what happen when mc told him later
    [/quote]

how is that not true? He saw the rape wtih his own eyes - he didn't go break it up. He LITERALLY could of stopped the rape from happening and chose not to. He'd rather go talk to JP about it like its some halftime adjustment

are u ****in kidding?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</P>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</P>

[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.
    [/quote]

im gonna tell you right now becuase its apparent that you and moorehead have no clue what we are actually saying - just by that response

please ask questions instead of making statements to us, because this is beyond ridiculous now. Im going to chalk it up that this situation has you so emotional that it is holding u back from reading and grasping what is actually said.

All we argued was that right away, Joe Pa no calling the police was actually a reasonable response. What he did after that letting it die and turning a blind eye is why he should be fired and berated for it. But the fact that you guys are even fixated on it because of his name is actually ****in gross to read. Your feeding into media bull**** just because hes the biggest name. How you can kill Paterno for JUST telling his superior, but then give McQueary a pass for JUST telling his superior when he could of physically stopped it from happening just shows how illogical your thinking is. Your honestly a media drone iwth that.

Your outrage is that a kid was raped, but ur taking more issue with the politics of it than the fact that the EYE WITNESS did NOTHING to stop it and didn't alert THE REAL AUTHORITIES?!

I don't care HOWWWW much Joe Pa is regarded around Penn st, hes not the ****ing law.
    [/quote]</P>

Because of his standing, andbecause of his freindship with Sandusky, Paterno had a unique ability to stop future abuse. Having read some of the indictment I see that there is indeed "university police" and he could have completely severed his and the colleges relationship with Sandusky.</P>

He chose not to. Thats not "playing it right". As a product of his inaction, more children were abused.</P>

[/quote]

your lying to urself if u think Joe Paterno had more power to stop future abuse than the eye witness who saw Sandusky with the boy in the shower.

McQueary could of stopped that rape right away and alerted the authorities.
    [/quote]</P>

Could McQueary ban Sandusky from university grounds? Would McQueary's severing his relationship with Sandusky have any impact?</P>

Yes, he could of and should have gone to the police, but he would be taking on the power at PSU. He still should have done it but it would have risked his future there.</P>

Joe Pa had all that power, the power to stop Sandusky in his tracks. he chose not to use it and allow Sandusky to molest more children.</P>

[/quote]

no, McQueary could of got Sandusky arrested. <U>THAT would of gotten him banned from the grounds</U>

OH okay, so its okay for MCQueary's to worry about his job but Joe Pa not to worry about the integrity of something he built for 62 years.; I think both are wrong to worry about either, but thats essentially what you are saying.

If he stopped a rape and called it in right away, as an eye witness, a victim, and a rape kit there would be nothing to fight. It honestly makes me sick how u can be so full of reasons and excuses for the eye witness but be so heated towards Joe Pa

and again, not that I don't think Joe Pa isn't gettting what he deserves
    [/quote]just like the mother got sandusky arrested when she reported it???????

its ALL accusation, no proof. nothing would of stuck to sandusky
    [/quote]

an eye witness is the biggest piece of proof that could of happened next to a rape kit... which also could of been achieved had McQueary handled the situation like a man.

If you think a rape kit, eye witness, alive victim, along with Sandusky whose had a history of it would of done nothing, then your out of your mind.

Once McQueary didn't stop it, told someone else, the boy showered, THEN it would of been 1000x rougher to prove
    [/quote]</P>

As I just said, the child was an eye witness, the cops investigated and did nothing. Maybe the fear of the power of the PSU heirarchy prevented the police from acting. Joe Pa being the top of that hierarchy at PSU.</P>

[/quote]

the child was an alleged victim - completely different

a witness, a victim, and a rape kit are COMPLETELY different than just a victim.

oh i get it, PSU owns the state police now. Lay off the bloody mary's in the morning
    [/quote]</P>

It was the "University Police" Matt, not he State police.</P>

No one would suggest that Joe Pa was anywhere near as guilty as Jerry Sandusky. Sandusky will spend the rest of his life in jail where he will get a sample of what he did to those children.</P>

But it is true that at least Paterno was an enabler by not using the substaintial power he had to prevent further abuse. He continued his relationship with Sandusky and allowed the continuance of the college's relationship. He had the power to stop both.</P>

[/quote]

lol okay well if there is a great big grand coverup of people willing to cover the defensive coordinator for raping a kid, then i guess that a risk he would of had to take.

Your being COMPLETELY ridiculous. He could of called the state police. Im pretty sure they aren't claling rent a cops on a rape.

im going to ask u too - give me a summary of what u think me and davens view point on this matter are as well because its just clear that u and lando can't get past ur own emotions to comprehend what we are saying

and if ur trolling, honestly just stop cuz your being an *******
    [/quote]</P>

I'm actually trying to figure out your position myself. You said that Joe Pa "played it right". Those were your words.</P>

I say he "played it wrong". I say he should have banned the guy from the campus. I say he should have severed his relationship completely. He should have found out who the boy was and talked to the family. He could have done this in a heartbeat. Joe Pa was the most important person in Penn State history. I also say he should have gone to the police, compelled this assistant to talk to the cops as well. He would have with the backing of Paterno.</P>

Do you disagree with any of this Matt or do you stick to your position that he "played it right"? As if its some kind of game.</P>
    Get well soon 80.