Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <font color="#0000ff">It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

You can't be serious?</p>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </p>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</p>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</p>

[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.
    [/quote]

im gonna tell you right now becuase its apparent that you and moorehead have no clue what we are actually saying - just by that response

please ask questions instead of making statements to us, because this is beyond ridiculous now. Im going to chalk it up that this situation has you so emotional that it is holding u back from reading and grasping what is actually said.

All we argued was that right away, Joe Pa no calling the police was actually a reasonable response. What he did after that letting it die and turning a blind eye is why he should be fired and berated for it. But the fact that you guys are even fixated on it because of his name is actually ****in gross to read. Your feeding into media bull**** just because hes the biggest name. How you can kill Paterno for JUST telling his superior, but then give McQueary a pass for JUST telling his superior when he could of physically stopped it from happening just shows how illogical your thinking is. Your honestly a media drone iwth that.

Your outrage is that a kid was raped, but ur taking more issue with the politics of it than the fact that the EYE WITNESS did NOTHING to stop it and didn't alert THE REAL AUTHORITIES?!

I don't care HOWWWW much Joe Pa is regarded around Penn st, hes not the ****ing law.
    [/quote]
    Who said I gave McQueary a pass? I don't, he is just as bad as Joe Pa. <u>After the kid saw what he did he went to his office and called his dad. His dad told him to go home. His dad and him decided it would be best to contact Paterno. He told Paterno he saw Sandusky fondling a boy in the showers and doing inappropriate things to him. </u>A week and a 1/2 later the coach met with the AD and the Finance Director and told them what he saw in the shower. Then a few weeks later they told him that Sandusky had his keys taken and would not be allowed to use the facilities anymore and that it was reported to his charity. No cops ever talked to him and nothing ever happened. Then they just let it keep happening for 8 more years. Schulz and the AD also lied to a grand jury. He said the allegations were not that serious and he had no indication a crime had occurred.

This was the 2nd time in 4 years that everyone heard about this coach molesting boys and no one did anything. They let him keep coming around and that is even more sick. They said banning Sandusky from bringing children on campus was unforceable. They all broke the law by not reporting it. Even Joe himself.
    [/quote]this is why i dont point a finger at mcqueary. it obviously bothered him a great deal, he just didnt know how to handle the situation. it not like people walk in on a situation like this everyday.
    [/quote]

LOL u give McQueary a pass from walking away from a kid getting raped

great stuff
    [/quote]</p>

No one is giving him a pass. But for some reason you are giving Joe Paterno a pass.</p>[/quote]

how u can think we're givng JP a pass is why i think ur trolling. Out of the countless paragraphs typed thats why i think ur trolling and u cna't be serious

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]
    You are wrong Dez. It is against Pennsylvania law to hear about child crimes and not report it. The only reason he and Joe are not being charged is because they alerted people higher up which is complete bull**** in my eyes. Everyone should ****en burn in this thing.
    [/quote]

but we're not talking Pennsylvania law remember? We're talking PENN STATE law

isn't that what the two of u have been arguing and thats where JP's power comes in? You can't really think that JP has power of Pennsylvania law

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

Yes it is Morehead, and that's why I'm trying to not look at this discussion anymore, because you and Lando seem to be perfectly fine with the Assistant and Janitor who left a kid there to be raped and never went to the cops....

I'm literally disgusted with the two of you.

[/quote]</P>

Why would any reasonable person believe that we would think their behavior was OK?</P>

We have just argued that Joe Pa could have and should have done everything he could to prevent a child molester from abusing more children. I have no support in any way for witnesses to a horrific crime like this not doing everything to stop it. But we are talking about what Joe Paterno did or didn't do.</P>

I just spelled out what I think he should have done immediately. Do you disagree with any of that?</P>

Either way....go **** yourself.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]this is why i dont point a finger at mcqueary. it obviously bothered him a great deal, he just didnt know how to handle the situation. it not like people walk in on a situation like this everyday.
    [/quote]</p>

I just find that appauling. Let's say he was very scared, for whatever reason...and he went to Joe Pa for support....
    Obviously he's going to know nothing was done about it after a short while.
    Why THEN did he not do anything further? I mean....HOW MUCH INACTION can this guy possibly take?!! it's ****ing disgusting!</p>[/quote]if the school wont do anything, whats he going to do? call the cops and nothing would happen. no proof, no evidence, just accusations and hearsay, just like the mother and bring a media circus to the school and get fired. anything this guy does hes ****ed, am i the only one who see this? i said it before and ill say it again the only thing mcquearys guilty of is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. he told his supervisor and saw his supervisor couldnt even do anything.....
    [/quote]

he should of broke it up and called in that moment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He followed procedure but then once he saw nothing be done he **** the bed and thats why he deserves to get whatever he gets out of this
    [/quote]
    And what about still letting the guy on campus with kids? Still going to charity work with the guy knowing what he did? Still supporting a child molester? Letting future kids get abused and still say/do nothing? It goes much deeper than not talking to the cops Matt or "following procedure".

[/quote]

YES - for the 44502045802895th time THATS ALSO WHY JP SHOULD GET WHAT HES GETTING.

DAVEN AND I BOTH LITERALLY HAVE SAID THAT OVER 20 TIMES COMBINED.

its frustrating to have this conversation with u guys when ur not reading what we're saying. So yes, i'm even going to throw you in the trolling catagory because if u have to ask me how i feel about those things after the 100 posts i've had the past two days its clear ur arguing just to argue and are not reading anything thats being said

[/quote]</p>

</p>

further proving u've read our first sentences and then haven't read anything else - tell me im wrong</p>

</p>

</p>

You said that Joe Pa "played it right". My view is that at no time did he "play it right". He played it wrong from the start. Period.</p>

Thats the difference.</p>[/quote]

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][

Simply calling the police would have been insufficient.</p>

He should have immediately:</p>

1. Contacted the police</p>

2. Dragged the assistant to talk to the police, If the assistant resisted, he should have given the name of the assitant to the police and had them interview him</p>

3. He should have immediately severed his relationship with Sandusky</p>

4. he should have banned Sandusky from the campus.</p>

This would have been "playing it right".</p>[/quote]

All of that based upon hearsay...yeah...that's playing it right...my ****ing ***, the ones that deserve the beat down are the ones who witnessed the act and didn't go to the cops themselves....is Joe Pa squeaky clean? no not at all, but compared to Calhoun and McQueary he's a god damn saint in this situation.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="MoreheadState"]The first thing he should have done was notify the police, and then speak to his superiors. A crime was commited...[/quote]

I disagree. It wans't his place to notify the authorities initially.

[/quote]
    WHY?
    [/quote]

because his job was to report it to the top and then collectively as a school report it. Once that dind't happen and it was swept under the rug is where he went wrong

He doesn't know if its true or not thats why. Letting is slide between the cracks is what made him a bad guy in this case
    [/quote]
    Exactly, which is why he is just as bad as everyone else.

Like I said earlier, had Joe Pa seen Sandusky raping that kid. I think the same thing would have happened. I think it's irrelevant he didn't see it. Even Joe admitted he knew something was really wrong and McQueary was visibly very upset with what he saw. He admitted he wished he had done more. He admits he handled it very wrong. He tried to save his football program and let multiple kids be abused to let that happen. How Joe Pa could even look at that guy and conduct business with him after hearing about what he did is ****ing gross. Then to see him with multiple more kids on the facilities by himself and still say nothing....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]So Paterno is no more. I think he would of coached until he dropped, wild horses were not going to pull him out of there. <FONT color=#0000ff>It's a shame, they should of allowed him a press conference, resign and step down that way.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

You can't be serious?</P>

They could not have fired him quick enough. </P>

[/quote]

u do realize he wasn't the one who actually raped the kid and he wasn't the one the witnessed the rape, chose not to stop it, and never went to the police --- right?

[/quote]I know nothing he says or does will take away the pain and harm that came to those kids, but my opinion is that he acted accordingly by notifying his superior of the incident that he was made aware of by another party. Where he failed was by not following up on the progress of the case with his superiors or the authorities.
    [/quote]</P>

And continuing to work with him until 2009. A guy he was told by two sources was molesting children. You don't see a problem with that?</P>

[/quote]
    This ****ing devil Sandusky was in the building LAST WEEK! They all knew what he did and did nothing to help future kids. They saw him with more kids and did nothing. Everyone turned their back to it.
    [/quote]

im gonna tell you right now becuase its apparent that you and moorehead have no clue what we are actually saying - just by that response

please ask questions instead of making statements to us, because this is beyond ridiculous now. Im going to chalk it up that this situation has you so emotional that it is holding u back from reading and grasping what is actually said.

All we argued was that right away, Joe Pa no calling the police was actually a reasonable response. What he did after that letting it die and turning a blind eye is why he should be fired and berated for it. But the fact that you guys are even fixated on it because of his name is actually ****in gross to read. Your feeding into media bull**** just because hes the biggest name. How you can kill Paterno for JUST telling his superior, but then give McQueary a pass for JUST telling his superior when he could of physically stopped it from happening just shows how illogical your thinking is. Your honestly a media drone iwth that.

Your outrage is that a kid was raped, but ur taking more issue with the politics of it than the fact that the EYE WITNESS did NOTHING to stop it and didn't alert THE REAL AUTHORITIES?!

I don't care HOWWWW much Joe Pa is regarded around Penn st, hes not the ****ing law.
    [/quote]
    Who said I gave McQueary a pass? I don't, he is just as bad as Joe Pa. <U>After the kid saw what he did he went to his office and called his dad. His dad told him to go home. His dad and him decided it would be best to contact Paterno. He told Paterno he saw Sandusky fondling a boy in the showers and doing inappropriate things to him. </U>A week and a 1/2 later the coach met with the AD and the Finance Director and told them what he saw in the shower. Then a few weeks later they told him that Sandusky had his keys taken and would not be allowed to use the facilities anymore and that it was reported to his charity. No cops ever talked to him and nothing ever happened. Then they just let it keep happening for 8 more years. Schulz and the AD also lied to a grand jury. He said the allegations were not that serious and he had no indication a crime had occurred.

This was the 2nd time in 4 years that everyone heard about this coach molesting boys and no one did anything. They let him keep coming around and that is even more sick. They said banning Sandusky from bringing children on campus was unforceable. They all broke the law by not reporting it. Even Joe himself.
    [/quote]this is why i dont point a finger at mcqueary. it obviously bothered him a great deal, he just didnt know how to handle the situation. it not like people walk in on a situation like this everyday.
    [/quote]

LOL u give McQueary a pass from walking away from a kid getting raped

great stuff
    [/quote]</P>

No one is giving him a pass. But for some reason you are giving Joe Paterno a pass.</P>

[/quote]

how u can think we're givng JP a pass is why i think ur trolling. Out of the countless paragraphs typed thats why i think ur trolling and u cna't be serious
    [/quote]</P>

Because you said that he "played it right at first". I'm saying he didn't at all. BTW, he waited almost two weeks to report it to the AD. I just said what he should have done immediately.</P>

I assume you disagree. And there lies our debate.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]what exactly do u think our opinions are?[/quote]
    That McQueary is at fault the most for not doing anything when he saw it. That Joe went through the right channels when he heard about it. That Sandusky is getting off easy by not taking any heat that Joe Pa is taking. You think that Joe has just as much power as anyone else in this scenario.
    [/quote]

yes

yes - initially. But once nothing was done for him to turn a blind eye it makes him just as much as a villian as the AD.

no - that MCQUEARY is getting off easy is my argument. McQueary and JP essentially did the same exact things in this. The difference? McQueary saw it with his own two eyes and could of stopped it and Paterno was just somebody who had it told to him. Then JP is a legend and McQueary isn't.

They both turned a blind eye, both didn't call the cops, but McQueary also dind't physically stop it when he could have and he was the eye witness

yes- JP doesn't have any more or less power than anybody else when reporting a rape to the police.