Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="dezzzR"]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">The kick return job now reportedly belongs to DJ Ware and DaRel Scott.</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

ewww
    </p>[/quote]

no love for darell ? I likey
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Why would any reasonable person believe that we would think their behavior was OK?[/quote]

Because you are defending the people who should have stopped it right then and there...you are shifting blame to Joe Pa...who I've already admitted a million times yes should have done more, but obviously the real ****bags here are the ones who could have stopped it right then and there and choose not to, why are you defending them?

[quote user="Morehead State"]We have just argued that Joe Pa could have and should have done everything he could to prevent a child molester from abusing more children.[/quote]</P>

No doubt, and he did handle it correctly at first by reporting it to the AD...considering all he had was hearsay, after nothing came of it, yes he should have went further.
    </P>

</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"] I have no support in any way for witnesses to a horrific crime like this not doing everything to stop it. [/quote]</P>

Could have fooled me the way you are defending the witnesses every god damn chance you get.
    </P>

</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"] But we are talking about what Joe Paterno did or didn't do. [/quote]</P>

No that's not what we are talking about, what we are talking about is how the witnesses should have done everything in their power to stop this...it should have been handled before the child left the building with Sandusky that day/night.
    </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Daven, this debate is about what the responsibilities of Joe Paterno were in this situation.</P>

It seems that you and Matt think that simply reporting to the AD was enough, at least at first. I say at first there were a number of other things he should have done and didn't.I numbered them 1 thru 4.</P>

I'm not arguing about what the janitor or the assistant should have done. they are nothing to me. I've been watching Joe Pa for well over 40 years. Its his cupability that I am interested in and its his culpability that this debate is about.</P>

If you want ot hang the dementiated janitor and the pathetic assistant from the highest tree,..go ahead.</P>

But its not what this debate is about.</P>

[/quote]

again your wrong. I started this debate about how even though JP ended up ****ting the bed that how everybody could be enamored on the big name of this and not be looking to kill MCQueary is baffling.

The side argument came about initially if he should of called the cops or not - but thats not what this was about.

I actually agree with your list but honestly half that stuff actually was their solution. The only thing they didn't do was report it to the police.

Just curious why are u not killing the charity on this as well? Penn State said the notified the charity of these charges and they still let him take the kids?

Well then you joined this conversation late and missed what it was actually about

[/quote]</P>

Well thats not what I'm arguing about. Nor is it what you are arguing either. You have spent 90% plus of your posts talking about Joe Paterno exclusively.</P>

This entire story is what it is because of Joe Paterno. Its all about Paterno and thats what I'm arguing about. If you want to kill a dementiated janitor and a pathetic former assistant, go ahead, thats fine with me. But it has nothing to do with my argument.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">The kick return job now reportedly belongs to DJ Ware and DaRel Scott.</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

ewww
    </p>[/quote]

no love for darell ? I likey
    [/quote]im expecting big things for scott. its dj im ewing. guys sloooow. although scotts muffs (think he had two) from preseason worry me a bit.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]
    You are wrong Dez. It is against Pennsylvania law to hear about child crimes and not report it. The only reason he and Joe are not being charged is because they alerted people higher up which is complete bull**** in my eyes. Everyone should ****en burn in this thing.
    [/quote]

but we're not talking Pennsylvania law remember? We're talking PENN STATE law

isn't that what the two of u have been arguing and thats where JP's power comes in? You can't really think that JP has power of Pennsylvania law
    [/quote]
    It's his word and the trust and standing it comes with. It means more than a regular person.

If I tell you how to shoot a jumpshot you won't care, if Jordan tells you, you'll listen.

If McQueary goes to the cops they might say ehhh we'll see. If Joe goes there, THEY ACT!

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]no he shouldnt, he didnt commit a crime
    [/quote]</p>

McQueary? not in the eyes of the law Dezzz.....
    <u>he witnessed a crime, and didn't report it. There are laws for that also. So yes, he did commit a crime.</u>

Do you think "reporting it to my boss" is a good defense?! lol uhhhh no.</p>[/quote]no he did not!!

if an officer askes you a question and you lie, THEN its withholding information.
    [/quote]
    You are wrong Dez. It is against Pennsylvania law to hear about child crimes and not report it. The only reason he and Joe are not being charged is because they alerted people higher up which is complete bull**** in my eyes. Everyone should ****en burn in this thing.
    [/quote]

but we're not talking Pennsylvania law remember? We're talking PENN STATE law

isn't that what the two of u have been arguing and thats where JP's power comes in? You can't really think that JP has power of Pennsylvania law
    [/quote]
    It's his word and the trust and standing it comes with. It means more than a regular person.

If I tell you how to shoot a jumpshot you won't care, if Jordan tells you, you'll listen.

If McQueary goes to the cops they might say ehhh we'll see. If Joe goes there, THEY ACT!
    [/quote]this^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    Exactly! I challenge all of you to read the indictment. Especially YOU Matt and Daven.[/quote]

There is nothing that I can read that will make me believe hearing about a crime second hand gives you a greater responsibility to report it then watching it happen first hand.

the simple fact that you are trying to convince me of that is disappointing.
    [/quote]
    They both have the same responsibility to protect, honor and mentor kids. They all failed. I am not trying to convince you otherwise. They both had the same legal responsibility to report it.

You make it sound like the guy just said, Hey Coach, I saw Jerry in the shower with a boy. The ****ing guy was distraught and shaking when he told Joe. It was not just an allegation, it was fact and Joe knew it. He admits himself he didn't do enough.

[/quote]

so are u suggesting that every time somebody has cried rape or that they've seen something that theres never been a liar?

[/quote]</p>

An assistent coach comes up to you shaking and visibly upset and said he saw Sandusky raping a boy in the shower. The chances of that being a situation of "crying wolf" are very low. But thats why he should have forced the guy to talk to the police. Thats what investigations are for. And Paterno had heard these allegations before so you and I both know that he knew it was true.</p>

He chose to cover his *** with the AD and then continue to allow Sandusky on the campus and continued his friendship with him.</p>

Understand my point here Matt, you said that Paterno "played it right at first". Am I misquoting you?</p>

I have spent page after page from yesterday until now arguing with that very specific point. that is the line that got me going yesterday and still does today.</p>

I say he did the wrong thig at first. And i said what I think he should have done. I don't think I'm misrepresenting your position...am I?</p>[/quote]

Moorehead, if somebody were to be twisted enough to lie about this do you think they'd go and report it wtih a smile on their face. The visibly shaken thing, means nothing. I like to say it as they are "POT COMMITTED" to play the part if they are going to have the converstaion.

He had heard these allegations before and nothing came of them. So in reality, if this coach were to put the hustle on the fact that allegations have popped up before hold no water.

Yes at first, like maybe the first 3 days of having that conversation with McQueary. Thats the at first.

Your not grasping what at first or initially means. I can tell that because you've gone to respond wtih "Well he turned his back on it for 7 years". That would absolutely pass the at first part that i am speaking of.

Regardless if we debate on that its fine but it has real no bearing on anything since we both agree at the end of the day PAterno should be ashamed and gets what he deserves.

NOW, where the REAL debate comes is that I would like to think there are two school of guilt and blame that are going on here. The first is Sandusky, the raper, the guy who physically did all of this and then the second group of JP and the AD who were basically enablers in the sense that they heard about it and did nothing to see if it was true or put Sanduskys hand to the fire ofit...

the REAL debate is where you have all these excuses for MCQueary where he CLEARLY did not do all he could do and the fact that he was the eye witness puts the responsibility on him ten folds more than anybody else. I don't care who JP is or what he meant to Penn State. That has no bearing on the fact that MCQeary was in the ****in room, saw it with his own two eyes, didn't stop it and felt it better to go to JP than the police.

As much **** as we are giving JP about covering up, how can u be putting this guy in that group with JP and the AD and not with Sandusky. They are all guitly and deserve punishment, but i'm sorry next in line for the harshes tpunishment should be McQueary after Sandusky

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Daven, this debate is about what the responsibilities of Joe Paterno were in this situation.[/quote]

No Morehead...It's not and it never has been.

[quote user="Morehead State"]It seems that you and Matt think that simply reporting to the AD was enough, at least at first. I say at first there were a number of other things he should have done and didn't.I numbered them 1 thru 4. I'm not arguing about what the janitor or the assistant should have done. they are nothing to me. I've been watching Joe Pa for well over 40 years. Its his cupability that I am interested in and its his culpability that this debate is about.If you want ot hang the dementiated janitor and the pathetic assistant from the highest tree,..go ahead. But its not what this debate is about.[/quote]</p>

</p>

The Debate is about whose to blame for letting this ******* walk for 10+ years after people became away of his actions, Joe Pa. is a MAN just as Calhoun and McQueary are, their "status" makes no difference when it comes to this.</p>Calhoun and McQueary saw this take place in front of their eyes they had FIRST hand knowledge, therefore their responsibility to make sure the man is brought to justice is higher then Joe Paterno's who privy to SECOND hand knowledge of it.

And you continued defense of Calhoun and McQueary is really pissing me off.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Are you drunk? This is personally insulting. [/quote]

Yes it is Morehead, and that's why I'm trying to not look at this discussion anymore, because you and Lando seem to be perfectly fine with the Assistant and Janitor who left a kid there to be raped and never went to the cops....

I'm literally disgusted with the two of you.

[/quote]
    Then you don't see what we are saying Daven. We are against exactly what you said. Everyone is at fault here. <font size="6">Just as much at fault.</font> Any of the people involved should have gone to the cops the moment they saw it. Everyone just kept covering it up. Joe could have used his "power" and stopped it. Instead he did nothing just like everyone else. No one is in the position that Joe is when it comes to that University.

My stance is the exact opposite of what you are saying Daven. I don't understand how you got what I've been saying so twisted. I don't know why the kids dad didn't tell him to call the cops instead of saying come home and we'll talk about it.

[/quote]

thats where ur wrong

McQueary is more at fualt. He didn't stop the rape from occuring when he physically was able to and somebody who witnesses the act is very different than somebody who hears about the act.

Not that the perosn who hears of the act should be off the hook.

WHO THE **** CARE?! The coach wasnt' a ****in kid! The fact that he didn't have the balls to stop the rape and common sense to notify the authorities himself is more gross than the aD covering it up. Because McQueary is guitly of all the **** that JP and the AD are, except more.

Linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka, the NFC Defensive Player of the Week,

yaaaaaay!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Why would any reasonable person believe that we would think their behavior was OK?[/quote]

Because you are defending the people who should have stopped it right then and there...you are shifting blame to Joe Pa...who I've already admitted a million times yes should have done more, but obviously the real ****bags here are the ones who could have stopped it right then and there and choose not to, why are you defending them?

[quote user="Morehead State"]We have just argued that Joe Pa could have and should have done everything he could to prevent a child molester from abusing more children.[/quote]</p>

No doubt, and he did handle it correctly at first by reporting it to the AD...considering all he had was hearsay, after nothing came of it, yes he should have went further.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="Morehead State"] I have no support in any way for witnesses to a horrific crime like this not doing everything to stop it. [/quote]</p>

Could have fooled me the way you are defending the witnesses every god damn chance you get.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="Morehead State"] But we are talking about what Joe Paterno did or didn't do. [/quote]</p>

No that's not what we are talking about, what we are talking about is how the witnesses should have done everything in their power to stop this...it should have been handled before the child left the building with Sandusky that day/night.
    </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Daven, this debate is about what the responsibilities of Joe Paterno were in this situation.</p>

It seems that you and Matt think that simply reporting to the AD was enough, at least at first. I say at first there were a number of other things he should have done and didn't.I numbered them 1 thru 4.</p>

I'm not arguing about what the janitor or the assistant should have done. they are nothing to me. I've been watching Joe Pa for well over 40 years. Its his cupability that I am interested in and its his culpability that this debate is about.</p>

If you want ot hang the dementiated janitor and the pathetic assistant from the highest tree,..go ahead.</p>

But its not what this debate is about.</p>

[/quote]

again your wrong. I started this debate about how even though JP ended up ****ting the bed that how everybody could be enamored on the big name of this and not be looking to kill MCQueary is baffling.

The side argument came about initially if he should of called the cops or not - but thats not what this was about.

I actually agree with your list but honestly half that stuff actually was their solution. The only thing they didn't do was report it to the police.

Just curious why are u not killing the charity on this as well? Penn State said the notified the charity of these charges and they still let him take the kids?

Well then you joined this conversation late and missed what it was actually about

[/quote]</p>

Well thats not what I'm arguing about. Nor is it what you are arguing either. You have spent 90% plus of your posts talking about Joe Paterno exclusively.</p>

This entire story is what it is because of Joe Paterno. Its all about Paterno and thats what I'm arguing about. If you want to kill a dementiated janitor and a pathetic former assistant, go ahead, thats fine with me. But it has nothing to do with my argument.</p>[/quote]

your right i have --- in compare and contrast to McQueary who i started this whole debate over

And thats why im saying ur being victims of being media *****s. JP is the big name in this so hes getting the media attention. If u think hes just as or more guilty of McQueary then i think ur ****in insane.

AGain, thats not to say the JP isn't guitly and disgusting in his own right