Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Funny how all these ESPN writers and mostly everyone is saying what MH and I have. [/quote]

It's not funny it's sad, expected, but sad, they will all off course pile on Joe Pa because it get's more viewers/readers.

News in general (sports or otherwise) no longer lets truth get in the way of good stories.
    [/quote]Joe Pa is morally wrong, but this isnt 'Seinfeld' you cant go to jail for that.

Sandusky is the one that should be locked away in a federal 'pound me in the ***' prison (office space anyone??)
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Funny how all these ESPN writers and mostly everyone is saying what MH and I have. [/quote]

It's not funny it's sad, expected, but sad, they will all off course pile on Joe Pa because it get's more viewers/readers.

News in general (sports or otherwise) no longer lets truth get in the way of good stories.
    [/quote]
    They pile on him because of who he is and what he stands for, or should I say who he was and what he stood for. It gets more readers for the same reason. Every article I have read suggests he is just as much at fault as anyone else in the scenario ( as I have said also ) for not doing anything.

It sucks Sandusky will get put in protection in prison, he needs to spend a few night in gen public.

Tom Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, and he currently has the Giants in
    first place, but that doesn’t mean players on other NFL teams would
    want to play for him.</p>

In a Sporting News poll of 111 NFL players, Coughlin came in first place, with 22 votes, on the question, “Which coach would you least like to play for?“</p>

Bears defensive tackle Anthony Adams explained that most NFL players like a more flexible coach than the strong-willed Coughlin.</p>

“Coughlin is that old school, Bill Parcells, my way or the highway
    type,” Adams said. “He won’t bend at all. That’s not the kind of coach
    you’d like to play for.”</p>

Close on Coughlin’s heels was Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, who got 21
    votes. Up next was Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who got 15 votes.</p>

There was a big drop-off after the Big 3 of Coughlin, Sparano and
    Belichick: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll came in fourth with six votes,
    and Chiefs coach Todd Haley, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and Jets coach Rex
    Ryan got five votes apiece.</p>

Lions coach Jim Schwartz got four votes, and no other coach got more than two.</p>

i think there a lot more to it
    then were hearing. fat mike read a quote saying the kids were being
    pimped out. if thats true theyve just scratched the surface. and the <font color="#ff0000">beloved </font>huff post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1086099.html

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Funny how all these ESPN writers and mostly everyone is saying what MH and I have. [/quote]

[/quote]
    They pile on him because of who he is and what he stands for, or should I say who he was and what he stood for. It gets more readers for the same reason. Every article I have read suggests he is just as much at fault as anyone else in the scenario ( as I have said also ) for not doing anything.

It sucks Sandusky will get put in protection in prison, he needs to spend a few night in gen public.
    [/quote]Ugh, the more I read/hear the more embarassed I am that I was a Penn State fan for so long

To hear that Joe Pa had knowledge just makes it that more rough, the dude was a freakin football God and now in my eyes he's a damned POS

Trey Wingo KILLIN it on NFL Live

dropped Dumb &amp; Dumber, Caddyshack, and Tommy Boy references

In addition to calling Plax out for not practicing no matter what team he's on (hinting that its not due to injury, LOL)

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]They pile on him because of who he is and what he stands for, or should I say who he was and what he stood for. It gets more readers for the same reason.[/quote]

Exactly, and that's whats wrong with the Media in general, who cares who he is or what he stood for, the point is he was one man, who didn't go far enough, but everyone is going to remember him as the "devil" many people I've talked to think Paterno himself actually committed the rapes, instead of directing blame where it actually belongs...(and some of it IS towards Paterno) the take ALL the blame and direct it towards who ever the most recognizable name is to make the best "story" so they get the most viewers....so they can sell more ads/commercials...so they can make more money....it's got nothing to do with actually letting people know the truth or facts of the situation.

[quote user="bigblue4417"] Every article I have read suggests he is just as much at fault as anyone else in the scenario ( as I have said also ) for not doing anything. [/quote]

Of course they do, they are all vying for readers/viewers ...if the deviate from that "Paterno" name they are taking a chance...they might not get the same amount of viewers or readers and make less money....noone cares what the real story is.

And let me reiterate some of this blame lies squarely on Paterno's shoulders....but not nearly as much as what lies on the witness's shoulders.

Allegations of improper conduct with an underage male first
    surfaced in 1998, while Sandusky was still employed by Penn State.
    That incident allegedly occurred in a shower at Penn State's
    on-campus football facility. No charges were filed.</p>

Sandusky retired the next year, in 1999. He was 55, prime age
    for a coach. Odd, to say the least - especially with Joe Paterno
    thought even then to be ready to quit and Sandusky a likely,
    openly-discussed successor. "The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I
    talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think
    they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in
    exchange for a cover-up,""If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
    </p>

It seems logical to ask: What did Paterno know, and when did he
    know it? What did Penn State's administration know, and when did
    they know it?</p>Don't kid yourself. That could happen. <font color="#0000FF" size="4">Don't underestimate the
    power of Paterno and Penn State in central Pennsylvania when it
    comes to politicians, the police and the media.</font> Plenty of questions remain yet unanswered. Potentially among
    them: What's more important, Penn State football or the welfare of
    a few kids?

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Don't kid yourself. That could happen. <font size="4" color="#0000FF">Don't underestimate the
    comes to politicians, the police and the media.</font> Plenty of questions remain yet unanswered. Potentially among
    a few kids?[/quote]

Why are you highlighting that? it's irrelevant...everyone knows that Head Coaches of Paterno's ilk have massive amounts of power in their community, I don't see what difference that makes though.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Don't kid yourself. That could happen. <font color="#0000FF" size="4">Don't underestimate the
    a few kids?[/quote]

Why are you highlighting that? it's irrelevant...everyone knows that Head Coaches of Paterno's ilk have massive amounts of power in their community, I don't see what difference that makes though.

[/quote]
    Because Matt doesn't believe that.