All-Pro

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Don't kid yourself. That could happen. <font size="4" color="#0000FF">Don't underestimate the
    power of Paterno and Penn State in central Pennsylvania when it
    comes to politicians, the police and the media.</font> Plenty of questions remain yet unanswered. Potentially among
    them: What's more important, Penn State football or the welfare of
    a few kids?[/quote]

Why are you highlighting that? it's irrelevant...everyone knows that Head Coaches of Paterno's ilk have massive amounts of power in their community, I don't see what difference that makes though.

[/quote]
    Because Matt doesn't believe that.

[/quote]

oh ok then, I do believe that, I just think it's irrelevant to the discussion, it shoulda been stopped before Joe Pa even got involved.

<FONT size=4>Denarius Moore!!!!!!!!!</FONT>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

BTW Matt. My lovely bride and I had our dinner with Lomas Brown last night. The first thing I did was ask him 2 questions and referred to my misguided friend. (Lets not name him....we'll just call him X Meyerbud).</P>

Question 1: Do the Giants play any version or evolution of the "Run and Shoot" offense?</P>

Lomas laughed his *** off. He said that he played in the run and shoot for years at Detroit under Wayne Fontes. He said, "we didn't even have a FB, and we almost never used a TE. It was getting our QB killed" He said that the run and shoot is dead in the NFL and nothing the Giants do resembles the run and shoot.</P>

Question 2: Is Eli playing much better this season?</P>

He didn't laugh but he did chuckle. He said that Eli is playing much better than last year. He said his confidence level is higher than he had ever seen. And he follows the Giants. As a matter of fact when he walked into the restaurant the first thing he said to me was "we're having a great season so far".</P>

He also said that he would like to come to our tailgate party next season. I said that ESPN should broadcast it to see how real fans live. He thought it was a great idea. I did however warn him of the general depravity of our group. He seemed like he thought he could handle it.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW Matt. My lovely bride and I had our dinner with Lomas Brown last night. The first thing I did was ask him 2 questions and referred to my misguided friend. (Lets not name him....we'll just call him X Meyerbud).</p>

Question 1: Do the Giants play any version or evolution of the "Run and Shoot" offense?</p>

Lomas laughed his *** off. He said that he played in the run and shoot for years at Detroit under Wayne Fontes. He said, "we didn't even have a FB, and we almost never used a TE. It was getting our QB killed" He said that the run and shoot is dead in the NFL and nothing the Giants do resembles the run and shoot.</p>

Question 2: Is Eli playing much better this season?</p>

He didn't laugh but he did chuckle. He said that Eli is playing much better than last year. He said his confidence level is higher than he had ever seen. And he follows the Giants. As a matter of fact when he walked into the restaurant the first thing he said to me was "we're having a great season so far".</p>

He also said that he would like to come to our tailgate party next season. I said that ESPN should broadcast it to see how real fans live. He thought it was a great idea. I did however warn him of the general depravity of our group. He seemed like he thought he could handle it.</p>[/quote]MH-I did not know that was a yearly thing with Lomas. Didn't you have dinner at the cheesecake factory with him last spring?

That is amazing he is interested in attending our tailgate. Potential ESPN coverage is exciting. It looks like Pizz will one day truly be an internet celebrity.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]From Jemelle Hill:

For a man of Paterno's stature to turn his back on a child, to allow
    what appears to be a serial child predator to continue to have access to
    his program -- shockingly, Sandusky maintained an office across the
    street from the Penn State football team's building -- is totally
    unforgivable.

<font color="#0000FF">Legally, Paterno is clear. Morally, he is as guilty as any
    of the adults who maintained a code of inactivity -- especially
    McQueary, who chose to flee the building rather than assist a helpless
    child.</font>

If Sandusky is proved guilty, he is obviously the worst monster in
    this sordid horror story. But it isn't a stretch to suggest that
    Paterno played the role of Dr. Frankenstein. He didn't create the
    monster, but if Sandusky is guilty, then Paterno is at least partially
    responsible for the tragedies of every one of the victims assaulted
    after that unidentified boy in the shower.

Funny how all these ESPN writers and mostly everyone is saying what MH and I have.
    [/quote]

<font color="#0000FF">Legally, Paterno is clear. Morally, he is as guilty as any
    of the adults who maintained a code of inactivity -- especially
    McQueary, who chose to flee the building rather than assist a helpless
    child.</font>

This is what Matt, Daven and I have been saying since the beginning.

Paterno is clear legally, therefore I would consider if he were to take suit against the university if he would have a case for wrongful termination. I don't think that would ever happen, but what if?

Morally is the area that he failed. HOWEVER-it appears that everyone failed in this area. Why is Joe being held more accountable than the other's?

I'll go back to my theory that Joe lived and slept football, that is all he focused on from the minute he walked in the door to his coaches office. He heard of the incident, reported it and moved on to focus on his job as coach of the football team.

There is more than enough substance here for Joe to litigate his termination.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW Matt. My lovely bride and I had our dinner with Lomas Brown last night. The first thing I did was ask him 2 questions and referred to my misguided friend. (Lets not name him....we'll just call him X Meyerbud).</P>

Question 1: Do the Giants play any version or evolution of the "Run and Shoot" offense?</P>

Lomas laughed his *** off. He said that he played in the run and shoot for years at Detroit under Wayne Fontes. He said, "we didn't even have a FB, and we almost never used a TE. It was getting our QB killed" He said that the run and shoot is dead in the NFL and nothing the Giants do resembles the run and shoot.</P>

He didn't laugh but he did chuckle. He said that Eli is playing much better than last year. He said his confidence level is higher than he had ever seen. And he follows the Giants. As a matter of fact when he walked into the restaurant the first thing he said to me was "we're having a great season so far".</P>

He also said that he would like to come to our tailgate party next season. I said that ESPN should broadcast it to see how real fans live. He thought it was a great idea. I did however warn him of the general depravity of our group. He seemed like he thought he could handle it.</P>

[/quote]MH-I did not know that was a yearly thing with Lomas. Didn't you have dinner at the cheesecake factory with him last spring?

That is amazing he is interested in attending our tailgate. Potential ESPN coverage is exciting. It looks like Pizz will one day truly be an internet celebrity.

[/quote]</P>

Well we went to dinner last January. He asked us for his help to get local support for a camp he wants to run for underprivaledged kids in either Bridgeport or Hartford. I told him I could also give the kids some pointers on proper throwing mechanics and other football instruction.</P>

He just wants the names of some local Companies that he could approach. He runs a few camps back in Michigan where he lives. Really a nice guy. He even laughed when, after he was talking about some of the shoulder pain he still has, I said "well it must from all that holding".</P>

You know how Morehead can be.</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The 49ers have not allowed a touchdown to an opposing running back at home all year.[/quote]Don't like this stat--Our run game hasn't been great this year, but it has given Eli something for him to fall back on when needed. I don't want to put the entire game on Eli's shoulder's passing-that's not fair to him. He can probably handle the way he's playing now, but that when mistakes are more likely to happen. So they have not allowed a rb td, thats ok, as long as we can still gain yards and some 1st downs running.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

BTW Matt. My lovely bride and I had our dinner with Lomas Brown last night. The first thing I did was ask him 2 questions and referred to my misguided friend. (Lets not name him....we'll just call him X Meyerbud).</p>

Question 1: Do the Giants play any version or evolution of the "Run and Shoot" offense?</p>

Lomas laughed his *** off. He said that he played in the run and shoot for years at Detroit under Wayne Fontes. He said, "we didn't even have a FB, and we almost never used a TE. It was getting our QB killed" He said that the run and shoot is dead in the NFL and nothing the Giants do resembles the run and shoot.</p>

He didn't laugh but he did chuckle. He said that Eli is playing much better than last year. He said his confidence level is higher than he had ever seen. And he follows the Giants. As a matter of fact when he walked into the restaurant the first thing he said to me was "we're having a great season so far".</p>

He also said that he would like to come to our tailgate party next season. I said that ESPN should broadcast it to see how real fans live. He thought it was a great idea. I did however warn him of the general depravity of our group. He seemed like he thought he could handle it.</p>

[/quote]MH-I did not know that was a yearly thing with Lomas. Didn't you have dinner at the cheesecake factory with him last spring?

[/quote]</p>

Well we went to dinner last January. He asked us for his help to get local support for a camp he wants to run for underprivaledged kids in either Bridgeport or Hartford. I told him I could also give the kids some pointers on proper throwing mechanics and other football instruction.</p>

He just wants the names of some local Companies that he could approach. He runs a few camps back in Michigan where he lives. Really a nice guy. He even laughed when, after he was talking about some of the shoulder pain he still has, I said "well it must from all that holding".</p>

You know how Morehead can be.</p>[/quote]lol-Moorehead was funny on that one!

Bridgeport or Hartford, huh? I am not proud to say that I am right over the border of the cesspool aka Bridgeport. I don't go that way at lunch. Let me know if this progresses--I would be happy to see if we can get him some pr-media exposure for the camp.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Well we went to dinner last January. He asked us for his help to get local support for a camp he wants to run for underprivaledged kids in either Bridgeport or Hartford. I told him I could also give the kids some pointers on proper throwing mechanics and other football instruction.</P>

He just wants the names of some local Companies that he could approach. He runs a few camps back in Michigan where he lives. Really a nice guy. He even laughed when, after he was talking about some of the shoulder pain he still has, I said "well it must from all that holding".</P>

You know how Morehead can be.</P>

[/quote]lol-Moorehead was funny on that one!

Bridgeport or Hartford, huh? I am not proud to say that I am right over the border of the cesspool aka Bridgeport. I don't go that way at lunch. Let me know if this progresses--I would be happy to see if we can get him some pr-media exposure for the camp.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm sure he would appreciate that LT. I'll talk to you when the time gets nearer and the schedule for the camp is set.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

He also said that he would like to come to our tailgate party next season. I said that ESPN should broadcast it to see how real fans live. He thought it was a great idea. I did however warn him of the general depravity of our group. He seemed like he thought he could handle it.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Well we went to dinner last January. He asked us for his help to get local support for a camp he wants to run for underprivaledged kids in either Bridgeport or Hartford. I told him I could also give the kids some pointers on proper throwing mechanics and other football instruction.</p>

He just wants the names of some local Companies that he could approach. He runs a few camps back in Michigan where he lives. Really a nice guy. He even laughed when, after he was talking about some of the shoulder pain he still has, I said "well it must from all that holding".</p>

You know how Morehead can be.</p>

[/quote]lol-Moorehead was funny on that one!

[/quote]</p>

I'm sure he would appreciate that LT. I'll talk to you when the time gets nearer and the schedule for the camp is set.</p>[/quote]Excellent! Is your house and property prepared for our fierce New England Winters?