Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

<div class="report">

Broncos coach John Fox revealed Monday that Knowshon Moreno will need surgery to repair a torn right ACL.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    He's done for the season. The reconstructive
    surgery will throw a real wrench into Moreno's long-term outlook. He's
    been a poor between-the-tackles runner as a pro, and the new Broncos'
    coaching staff had determined that Moreno only fit their offense as a
    situational third-down back. With the latest news, there's little doubt
    that Moreno is headed for bust status as the former No. 12 overall pick
    in the draft. Willis McGahee, if healthy, will continue to operate as
    the Broncos' primary back and perhaps even take on more passing-down
    work going forward. Lance Ball is the No. 2.

Good thing you have the first waiver spot MH...

</div>

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I've been away all day and my adult ADD won't allow me to go through all the posts today, so I have no idea what has been said about the second Eli pick. But here's my view.</P>

<U>This pick was NOT on Manningham in any way.</U> The play was already past the point of all the designed routes. Eli had a lot of time in the pocket. At that point it was the reponsibility of the WR to scramble to get open and give Eli a target. MM juked the DB and broke left to an open spot. Unfortunately at that precise moment Eli decided to throw to MM and was faked out by MM as well.</P>

It wasn't a "bonehead" throw by Eli but it was thrown to a spot where 3 49'ers were waiting. Thats why MM broke the other way. It was bad luck for us but Manningham was doing exactly what he was supposed to.</P>

[/quote]youre crazy. every ones saying mm stopped his route. re watching the play, thats exactly what happened.

The daily debate was if the defense lost the game for us
    [/quote]</P>

He had already run his route. It was way past that. It was about scrambling to find a hole in the secondary at that point.</P>

OK, I just looked at the video for the first time. it was clear that MM was making a sight adjustment on the play. There were 3 49rs in the middle of the field and he broke it off to the outside.</P>

None of us have any idea whether or not that was the correct adjustment in KG's offense. But it wasn't as late in the play as I thought. Rodgers read Eli and moved inside. But clearly MM moved away from coverage and into an open spot. Again we don't know if he should have done that. Nor do any talking heads. ....Or posters.</P>

Point is that Eli threw into a pile of 3 49rs. It was 0 vs. 3. With MM, it would have been 1 vs. 3. Not going to kill Eli for it but it seems like a bad decision to me.</P>

Getting back to the original discussion. I would have taken it in a heartbeat if I knew we would score 20 points yesterday before the game. Thast a really good defense in SF. Our defense was horrific.</P>

And with almost no Frank Gore. Unacceptable.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre crazy. every ones saying mm stopped his route. re watching the play, thats exactly what happened.

The daily debate was if the defense lost the game for us
    [/quote]

That's Pappy for you, he's gotta find a way to blame Eli.

was it the right pass to throw it into double (maybe triple) coverage? no, but Eli does that all the time, has been doing it all year....and he does have a point with Manningham trying to get open, but the problem is he's saying Eli had plenty of time...which isn't true, Manningham hadn't even come close to finishing off his route...generally you get to the point where you are supposed to catch the ball on your route, turn and look at the QB....if he's scrambling you then break it off and get open.....but Manningham never even got to the point where he was supposed to turn and see if he was getting the ball....he broke his route off WAY to early.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm not blaming Eli at all. I already said this morning that the loss was entirely on the defense. Get off your high horse.</P>

I'm just saying on that one play it was NOT on MM. The routes had already been run and Eli still had the ball. MM was trying to get open at that spot. Not run a route. Which is what he's supposed to do.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

whats up with boley? hamstring?

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]if they played fine we wouldnt of given up 27 points matt. what dont you get about this?
    [/quote]</P>

I think his point dezzz, is that the defense and ST didn't exactly put our defense in a great position to succeed yesterday.
    When you don't give your D the room to play, you give them far less room for error. The defense's allowed yardage was not really that bad. clearly players had missed assignments, and bad man coverage (*cough* ross *cough*), and we were honestly lucky that we held them to field goals on some of their drives, so in all, the points don't exactly tell the whole story.</P>

[/quote]

he knows what i'm saying

he just can't handle the fact that i considered it a team loss and i don't think we even played that bad overall.

<U>He just can't handle it not being all Fewell's fault.</U> He gets all antsy in his pantsy
    [/quote]no i cant handle the fact that teams have had constant success throwing against us for a year an half. the same core that would dominate a team like the 9ers in 08.

our running game wasnt bad yesterday?? our special team werent that bad??? just stop.
    [/quote]</P>

2008was three seasons ago</P>

</P>

#moveon</P>

</P>

u mentioning the running game and special teams is exactly what i've been saying all day. DEE-DEE-DEE</P>

</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]if they played fine we wouldnt of given up 27 points matt. what dont you get about this?
    [/quote]</p>

I think his point dezzz, is that the defense and ST didn't exactly put our defense in a great position to succeed yesterday.
    When you don't give your D the room to play, you give them far less room for error. The defense's allowed yardage was not really that bad. clearly players had missed assignments, and bad man coverage (*cough* ross *cough*), and we were honestly lucky that we held them to field goals on some of their drives, so in all, the points don't exactly tell the whole story.</p>

[/quote]

he knows what i'm saying

he just can't handle the fact that i considered it a team loss and i don't think we even played that bad overall.

<u>He just can't handle it not being all Fewell's fault.</u> He gets all antsy in his pantsy
    [/quote]no i cant handle the fact that teams have had constant success throwing against us for a year an half. the same core that would dominate a team like the 9ers in 08.

our running game wasnt bad yesterday?? our special team werent that bad??? just stop.
    [/quote]</p>

2008was three seasons ago</p>

</p>

<u>#moveon</u></p>

</p>

u mentioning the running game and special teams is exactly what i've been saying all day. DEE-DEE-DEE</p>

</p>[/quote]oh noo

we still have the core from the 08 team. why arent we dominating? most are all in their prime

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]#moveon

[/quote]</p>

#***
    </p>

OK, I just looked at the video for the first time. it was clear that MM was making a sight adjustment on the play. There were 3 49rs in the middle of the field and he broke it off to the outside.</P>

None of us have any idea whether or not that was the correct adjustment in KG's offense. But it wasn't as late in the play as I thought. Rodgers read Eli and moved inside. But clearly MM moved away from coverage and into an open spot. Again we don't know if he should have done that. Nor do any talking heads. ....Or posters.</P>

Point is that Eli threw into a pile of 3 49rs. It was 0 vs. 3. With MM, it would have been 1 vs. 3. Not going to kill Eli for it but it seems like a bad decision to me.</P>

Getting back to the original discussion. I would have taken it in a heartbeat if I knew we would score 20 points yesterday before the game. Thast a really good defense in SF. Our defense was horrific.</P>

And with almost no Frank Gore. Unacceptable.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

At his Monday press conference, Chiefs coach Todd Haley revealed that
    Matt Cassel's right (throwing) hand injury will require surgery and he
    may be finished for the 2011 season.

This was a tough week for injuries...

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]The routes had already been run and Eli still had the ball. MM was trying to get open at that spot. Not run a route. Which is what he's supposed to do.[/quote]

He hadn't completed the route yet, he broke it off too early, it was on him, it wasn't a terrible mistake...it just happened at a terrible time...but it WAS MM's mistake.