Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="dezzzR"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-with-nfl-olbs

i know its br but its a pretty decent article.
    [/quote]

its a stupid ****in article. Offenses game plan so that they can get matchups with their WRs on LB. What LBs can cover a small fast WRs. Im going to have to rewatch that.

But to say he should have his hand in the ground is stupid, Kiwi has been ballin out at LB.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Verlander received 13 of 28 first-place votes and 280 points in voting announced by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Ellsbury was second with 242 points (4 first-place votes, 13 second-place votes). He hit .321 with 32 homers, 105 RBIs, 39 stolen bases and 119 runs scored, all career highs. His .928 OPS ranked him in the top 10 in the majors.

He became the first Boston player to hit 30 homers and steal 30 bases in a season and led the major leagues with 364 total bases and 83 extra-base hits. He was third in the AL with 212 hits, and tied for third in runs and doubles. In the field, the speedy Ellsbury did not make an error in 394 chances last season, the only center fielder in the AL and one of just two in the majors who did not make an error while playing at least two-thirds of his team's games.

It stands to reason that voters might have been impacted by the September collapse of the Red Sox, asking themselves how they could vote for a player whose team blew the biggest final-month lead in baseball history.

“We all know Verlander’s year was pretty incredible with his numbers and he deserves the attention he’s getting,” 2008 AL MVP Dustin Pedroia told ESPNBoston.com. “He had an unbelievable season, but in my opinion, he pitched 34 games and Ells played 158, so I think if a pitcher should win it he should impact, in those 34 games, in an extraordinary amount of the time and he did that, no question. But Ells impacted a lot more than 34 games for our team.

“But that’s why it’s fun for everybody. Everybody can say, ‘pitchers should win it,’ or ‘pitchers shouldn’t win it.’ It’s fun for the fans, it’s fun for the media and it’s fun for everybody. But it’s pretty difficult to see a guy finish second. It kind of stinks.”[/quote]</P>

If Papelbon doesn't blow that save and if the Yankees hold a 7 run lead in the 8th inning on the last day of the season, Ellsbury would be the MVP. And who is really to say if Jacoby Ellsbury or Verlander are the MVP?</P>

This is the folly of awards. It could be the MVP, the golden glove, the superbowl MVP, the Hall of Fameetc... It doesn't matter because the awards really don't matter. They are popularity contests of writers who don't play the game and many never have. They don't change or even define what happens on the field. The only thing that matters is what we see on the field. the only thing that matters is the performances we see as we apply our own standards. That is the ultimate reality. That is the ultimate truth.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I wouldnt dispute your points really. I KNOW how the story goes. I just want consistency with how voting SHOULD be done.

Like I said earlier yesterday (In regards to AL specifically), Verlander had 24-25 good games...and to be even more fair, lets take the games where he took NDs were good games also...lets say 30 games or something....
    So 30 games in 2011, Just Verlander was good! Really good!

Look at the other possible candidates: Ellsbury, Granderson, Miggy, Cano, A-Gon, Bautista(im using all of them for my next point)...

I'm not doing the rsearch, but i bet they all played over 120 games.
    120 games where clearly they played really good baseball, statistically.

By my own personal definition of what the MVP should be.....it's the player who has demonstrated the best overall performance over the entire season.
    If Verlander only pitches in 34 games, I cant gauge an entire season's performance on 34 games. Where as Ellsbury, Granderson, etc.....I CAN!

I apologize if I'm not making a ton of sense....its hard for me to explain really lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Justice was done - Verlander MVP

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Justice was done - Verlander MVP
    [/quote]</P>

huh?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

isn't most valuable player self explanatory?

A pitcher can be the most valuable player to a team. It was shown

Great job by the voting committee.

They got this one right

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]isn't most valuable player self explanatory?

They got this one right
    [/quote]</P>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</P>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

They got this one right
    [/quote]</P>

not even close.</P>

what if someone like...idk, Nick Markaikis on the Orioles hit like .320 with 40 HRs and 130 RBIs, yet his team still lost 100 games.
    are those not MVP worthy numbers despite not technically helping his team win?

All the MVP candidates were most valuable to their team basically this year....so, how is that your only argument.
    Pitchers should never be MVPs. EVER. Part time players like ptichers have their own awards. Keep it seperate.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]

They got this one right
    [/quote]</p>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</p>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</p>[/quote]

theres nothing i can dispute with what u just said pappy

Thats the other thing, out of the qualifying teams that COULD of had the MVP, there was no other real dominant batter either. I mean the closest person in my eyes was Miggy

[quote user="JPizzack"]

They got this one right
    [/quote]</p>

not even close.</p>

what if someone like...idk, Nick Markaikis on the Orioles hit like .320 with 40 HRs and 130 RBIs, yet his team still lost 100 games.

All the MVP candidates were most valuable to their team basically this year....so, how is that your only argument.
    Pitchers should never be MVPs. EVER. Part time players like ptichers have their own awards. Keep it seperate.</p>[/quote]

the golden rule is that it has to be a competitive team or the numbers have to be astronomical

That doesn't meet the criteria. If there wasn't this golden rule then Bautista would of been MVP hands down.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

They got this one right
    [/quote]</P>

not even close.</P>

Pitchers should never be MVPs. EVER. Part time players like ptichers have their own awards. Keep it seperate.</P>

[/quote]</P>

They may only take the field 30 or so times/year. But when they do, they are by far, the most important player in the game for your team.</P>

We can argue until we are blue in the face about it, but the bottom line is that without Verlander, the Tigers are mediocre at best. To me, that impact, is the bottom line. Pitcher or not.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi