Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]isn't most valuable player self explanatory?

A pitcher can be the most valuable player to a team. It was shown

Great job by the voting committee.

They got this one right
    [/quote]</P>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</P>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</P>

[/quote]</P>

my point is, they have a separate award. I've never been on board with the pitchers in the voting.
    A batter can't win a cy young. the only other award for EVERY DAY PLAYERS is based on your batting average only, so...
    MVP should only be for hitters, OR just nix the cy young altogether.

I cant believe im actually defending the fact that Ellsbury should have been the clearMVP....lol
    aaaaaaand it also took more votes away from Granderson hehe</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

They got this one right
    [/quote]</p>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</p>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</p>

[/quote]</p>

my point is, they have a separate award. I've never been on board with the pitchers in the voting.
    A batter can't win a cy young. the only other award for EVERY DAY PLAYERS is based on your batting average only, so...

I cant believe im actually defending the fact that Ellsbury should have been the clearMVP....lol
    aaaaaaand it also took more votes away from Granderson hehe</p>[/quote]

Cy Young is for pitchers because pitchers need to have a perfect storm to ever be considered MVP... it was this year.

There was no hands down AL MVP batter so I don't even know why ur up in arms about this
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

They got this one right
    [/quote]</P>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</P>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</P>

[/quote]</P>

aaaaaaand it also took more votes away from Granderson hehe</P>

[/quote]</P>

Pizz...the MVP is not the award for "everyday players". Its the award that <U>you think</U> should only go to "everyday players". Thats a big difference.</P>

There is nothing stated or even implied that the MVP should never go to a starting pitcher.</P>

My view is that it should go to a player who has a tremendous impact on his team's success. The higher consideration being given to the teams in contention. Generally, that should go to an everyday player in my view. But when the impact of a starting pitcher is so great, as it is with Verlander, and there are no other obvious choices from everyday players, he should get the award.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

They got this one right
    [/quote]</p>

Pitchers suit up. (they actually give them uniforms). They contribute. They collect a paycheck. To omit starting pitchers from consideration is silliness.</p>

If the Sox had gotten into the playoffs it should have been Ellsbury. Since they didn't, it had to be Verlander. the guy was 24-5 for God's sake.</p>

[/quote]</p>

aaaaaaand it also took more votes away from Granderson hehe</p>[/quote]

i really don't mind not including teams that dont make the playoffs. Who cares if a player is the most valuable to a team that does nothing.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

ok, well then I guess I'm in a different argument completely. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that a pitcher winning MVP makes the award a joke. In my eyes, pitchers shouldnt win MVPs.

I'll never understand the way things go really with the awards, but this is the first time I've disputed something like this with a real opinion.

Oh, except the year Pedroia won MVP...THAT was a ****ing joke. The year before, Jeter was better in every category, and didn't get consideration for the award. A travesty! a sham! a mockery! A TRAVESHAMOCKERY!~!!!</P>

edit - it wasnt actually the year prior....i forget which year Jeter got screwed...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]ok, well then I guess I'm in a different argument completely. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that a pitcher winning MVP makes the award a joke. In my eyes, pitchers shouldnt win MVPs.

I'll never understand the way things go really with the awards, but this is the first time I've disputed something like this with a real opinion.

Oh, except the year Pedroia won MVP...THAT was a ****ing joke. The year before, Jeter was better in every category, and didn't get consideration for the award. A travesty! a sham! a mockery! A TRAVESHAMOCKERY!~!!![/quote]</P>

I'm shocked....SHOCKED!!!!. The year a Red Sox player wins the MVP, Pizz thinks its a joke.</P>

</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]ok, well then I guess I'm in a different argument completely. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that a pitcher winning MVP makes the award a joke. In my eyes, pitchers shouldnt win MVPs.

Oh, except the year Pedroia won MVP...THAT was a ****ing joke. The year before, Jeter was better in every category, and didn't get consideration for the award. A travesty! a sham! a mockery! A TRAVESHAMOCKERY!~!!![/quote]</P>

I'm shocked....SHOCKED!!!!. The year a Red Sox player wins the MVP, Pizz thinks its a joke.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

06 was the year in question...

and MH, shut ya face....i just finished saying thatim defending the fact that Ellsbury SHOULD have been '11 MVP!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Baseball is gaaay, just look at how tight their pants are

LOL
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"]Baseball is gaaay, just look at how tight their pants are LOL[/quote]</P>

You obviously don't remember the olden days.</P>

</P>

<div class="report">

Coach Tom Coughlin did not sound optimistic Monday about getting Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) back this week.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Bradshaw has not been medically cleared to resume
    practice yet. "I don't know they're going to just give us the green
    light," Coughlin said. "When they do and say he can play and take a hit
    he's going to be sore for the rest of the season and he'll be able to
    come back and play the following week, we'll take that into
    consideration." The Giants won't resume practice until Thursday as they
    play on Monday Night Football this week.
    </div>